Viv pics only thread

Thanks for the compliment,

Sorry if youve been waiting for a reply, only just logged in!

Viv is a pre-made (shell only) by viv-exotic and is the VX48 model, Heater is a 'Microclimate AHS pulse proportional', background is 'lucky reptile natural cork background, flooring is indian sandstone (natural stone) flooring. Lighting! 2 basking lights, 1st comes on at 7am (75watt) (a moon light has been on for 1hr previous to this), at 11.30 a second basking light turns on (50watt) for 2.5hours to give a 'noon time' temp spike, at 8.29pm the moon light comes back on and at 8.30 the uvb (arcadia 12%) and remaining basking light turns off. The moonlight then turns off 1 hr later!

busak87

Wow thanks for the reply, thats awesome!!! Im gonna have to check that out...

Here are my guys tanks

pano-1.jpg

Ezzie
112_0205.jpg

40gal 36"x16"x20", 36" Reptisun 10.0, 150watt basking bulb

Quasi
112_0209.jpg

40gal 36"x18"x17", 24" Reptisun 10.0, 100watt basking bulb

After seeing all the pics here and everyone is so creative, we are going to try and attempt to turn this cabinet into two seperate enclosures, any thoughts or input or advice would be great!!

IMG_3819.jpg

Susy

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Melendez0213":31tdmem3 said:
After seeing all the pics here and everyone is so creative, we are going to try and attempt to turn this cabinet into two seperate enclosures, any thoughts or input or advice would be great!!

IMG_3819.jpg

Susy

That's a nice looking cabinet, but my only concern is the width of it. There should be a floor space of 18", ideally 24" for an adult beardie, what is the width of it?

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Melendez0213":39tnbpvn said:
Hey Christine. Hmmm, its only 15-16 wide, but 5 feet long and each would be 2 ft wide, I figured the extra length would make up for the width??

Susy

Unfortunately, I don't think that's wide enough, adult beardies need approx. 2ft in width minimally, and the same with the length, floor space is important for the beardies to stretch from tip of tail to nose and that's the reason for the 2ft.

triumphtt

Juvie Member
beardie osk":27ln93f4 said:
Melendez0213":27ln93f4 said:

IMG_3819.jpg

Susy

That's a nice looking cabinet, but my only concern is the width of it. There should be a floor space of 18", ideally 24" for an adult beardie, what is the width of it?

You could add those extra inches if you just added to the back. Make a 3 sided box and just add it to the back that way you could make it wider if it doesn't cut into the room as much. Just a thought I shouldn't cost to much more for a sheet of plywood and some small pieces for the sides. Hope it helps

Thanks for the tips. I definitely want it to be the "right" size... so maybe I'll have to think about making it wider or just going with a whole different enclosure......

MarleyMoe

Hatchling Member
Here's our two 48x18x18's. Our first ever vivs and not 100% complete yet, just searching for backgrounds and need to cut the bottom viv the climbing wall to match the top. The gap is made with bunkbed batons! Had to as the top one was 4-5 degrees C higher than the bottom one. Thankfully the airflow solved the temp problem and now they're running near enough identical :D

SDC10219.jpg

jodyberry

Hatchling Member
Very Nice Marley!!

Can you elaborate further on the type of materials, etc you used? Looks like melamine for the back,but what type of wood/laminate on the rest?

Also, how would you remove the glass for cleaning? Will it slide out from the side, or up-and-out of the track?

Thanks...

MarleyMoe

Hatchling Member
Thank you :)

They are both flat pack ones we bought from our local aquatics centre. They're thickish melamine (like kitchen cupboard material) and the back board is hardboard. The glass lifts and then you can drop it out of the runners. The bottom one was a doddle to put together but the top one was cut slightly wrong and took 5 hours to get to work :shock: All safely locked together now though :-D

They've got Chipsie Mais for substrate and one corner of the top viv is red desert sand under the water dish. The basking lights are 75watt dayglo or something similar and the UV is Arcadia D3 reptile 6%. They used to have infra red basking lights but we swapped them out after they were being sick with that type before we got them (we've only had them both a week so far).

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlameBeardie
Top Bottom