Viv pics only thread

BeardieBaby69

Hatchling Member
I love it ! What would you charge to make one of those for me. I simply dont have the time (or the talent) to make one myself. Only I would want it to lean more towards the red desert sand or tarracotta collor (red orange) . Im about to have a 4x2x2 built for me and will need something like that to go in it.

My first one was the orange/redish color. Do you want the feed tray and basking/cave or just the basking/cave piece. These pieces take a while to make but I wouldn't mind making one for you. This may sound a little High but with the time involved, and the fact that it will be a one of a kind piece, I think it's worth it. For the one piece (basking/cave piece) I charge $75.00 and it take about a week to comlete. The two piece (basking/cave, and feed tray) it's $110.0 and takes about the same amount of time. If you are interested you can contact me at [email protected] and give me some ideal of what you are looking for. The price could change if what you want is extremely design challenging ie...something like the Dragon Mountain Cave Sculpture I just Completed (posted here)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hytf3PyOrGI

LOL...I work at a major pet store and i've priced some of the Viv decor and they are very expensive for what you get. Most of them are too small for full grown beardies. The ones that I build are at the correct height for basking and the caves are large enough to accomodate an adult dragon. Plus they are custom made, one of a kind pieces. Please be aware that this is not a business, just a guy with a little tallent and some extra time on my hands...lol I enjoy making these sculptures and if someone is as passionate about their animal as I am, won't care to invest a little money. You can go to http://www.lizard-landscapes.com/lizard-cage-questions.html and read the seventh question posted. someone asked if this guy sells his creations and read his response. These are very time consumming and if you count your labor on some of these pieces they would cost a small fortune. Please forgive me if this response sounds a little hateful...I don't mean for to come off like that.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Here is Toki's new staircase. I made a little stump to hold it up, but I wasn't finished shellacking it so I put it on her logs and now she is having so much fun with the logs underneath I am not sure if I should just leave it that way.
Also made her a ramp for the groovy jacuzzi, it seemed that it was always tipping over or getting substrate in it. I want to make a stand for her food, but I wanted to get the other stuff in first so I wouldn't make it too cluttered.
Still not finished with the viv though. I want to put some live plants in to help with the humidity level and the substrate has to go in. Not sure what to do about the back wall yet. Making these is definitely time consuming, but also allot of fun.
IMG_2260.jpg

My son Nic helping put on the first coat of grout.
IMG_2258.jpg

groovy jacuzzi
IMG_2279.jpg

finished with painting.
IMG_2285.jpg

stump before painting
IMG_2291.jpg

stump after painting
IMG_2293.jpg

Toki enjoying her new furniture
IMG_2297.jpg

the dillema :roll:

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
After a couple years worth or wear and tare, my male beaded dragon's enclosure needed a remodel. I have been working on this for a little more than a week, and its finally finished.

New viv:

Its pretty much the same as before, except I refinished it and added the "light box" to the top.
Total dimensions are 4'x2'x28", and its made of birch (main eclosure) and poplar (light box).
IMG_0444-1.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

This is the brunt of the remodel. I wanted a more flexible lighting setup, and this is what I came up with; it allows me to get spot on temps and UV zones. From far right to left - halogen spot, mercury vapor UV bulb(Mega Ray), two 5500k flourescent coils (simulate daylight), 65w spot lamp for a secondary non-uv basking area. The halogen bulb is on a dimmer, and the others are simply switched. Before anyone asks, the two center coils are not UV bulbs...simply energy saving flourescent coils with a color temperature of 5500k to add some extra light intensity.
IMG_0459.jpg

Finished product
IMG_0455.jpg

jewelmick

Here are a few pics of Maxx's VIV......I took out the fake rock background cuz she got too big, had little black pieces all over.

The floor is ceremic tile with a sand boarder and sand "pool/bed".....although since I added thr hammock she has been mostly sleeping there. She always poops on the odd tile, makes for easy clean....NEVER in the sand, unless by accident in the sand in front.....I am going too move it to the back for that reason.

BEFORE

075.jpg

AFTER, its just a paper background.....really confused her for a day! :| "Why can't I climb my wall?"

081.jpg

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
im a fan of 'sand pits' easier to keep on top of, and it tells me when she want to lay ( give her something to scratch before the lay bin comes out!

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
IMAG0777.jpg

This is the new tank that phoenix exotics has custom made for my 4ft ball python. It is 48x18x18 and it was only $185.
Can't wait to pick it up! No more snaky busting out the tank - had to have sliding doors! and a screen top (or else snaky would burn herself...) Wooo!

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
TASTIGER":60e1f said:
may i ask who you got to make it? iv been looking for someone to make one but they are all so expensive. :roll:
Well where do you live? Because you would have to be a part of the tristate area of the east coast. They are located in Phoenixville, PA. They accept paypal and checks, and will build anything and for cheap. They'll work with you patiently and send a diagram of what the finished produt will look like before they go ahead and start. They'll even take old furniture of yours and convert it into a habitat.

The reason why I say you have to be close enough to them is because they only delivery within a 25 mile radius. I had to pick mine up, but it wasn't a bother because I only lived an hour away.

You'll have to pay them half upfront, then the rest upon pick up or delivery.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom