Viv pics only thread

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
firstbeardie":f3b35 said:
dolcedragon":f3b35 said:
I love the background. Big scary fire-breathing beardie!

Thanks, picked it up from allposters.com $14.00 shipped. It's a 36"x24" so I had to cut it to size for my 36"x18" 40 gallon.
Dragon Slayers came from Barnes and Noble $20.00 shipped. I think they are Playmobile?
The tiles are 18x18 but had to cut . Lowes cut them for free and a guy at the tile store was nice enough to donate the tile.

Mind telling me the artist of that painting? I used to have a giant blownup version of it in my room a long time ago - now I can't remember the name of the painting or artist.

Mind telling me the artist of that painting? I used to have a giant blownup version of it in my room a long time ago - now I can't remember the name of the painting or artist.[/quote]

It's called Dragon Spell by Chris Achilleos.

sar

the new digs... great spot under a window and by a heater
DSC_1114.jpg

he's so cozy in there, i wish the rest of the house was that warm
DSC_1118.jpg

...hi everyone!!
DSC_0238.jpg

Here's a project I'm working on for a co-worker i'm adding detail and once the grout is dry i'll put 4 coats of bulls eye shellac (which is non-toxic and hypo allergenic when cured) and it'll be done!!!
100_3525.jpg

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
Is that cactus painted on? Nice structure, I am very impressed.

For the larger platform, what thickness foam is that for the top shelf?

Thanks. the thickness of the foam is 1/2 inch but there's 4 layers of grout and one HEAVY layer on the underside of the basking area and it's really strong. I sculpted the cactus from 3 pieces of styrofoam glued together then use a wood burner to add the detail. Then colored some grout and covered the cactus. Then sealed it, added some detail...Tah Dah..a Cactus...LOL oh and BTW I use low temp hot glue to put the whole thing together because it's faster than using liquid nail like the tutorial says. I finished it up this morning and waiting for the sealent to dry. I will post the finished product when it dries enough to set it out. It looks way way better than my first one. LOL Thanks again.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Very nice. I am getting started on a major project for my tegu's viv. I hope mine turns out as good as yours. I'll post pics when it's through.

it's funny you said that. I have been talking to a buddy that's a reptile breeder up in MD and he has just started breeding Beardies and I showed him the work i've been doing and I might start building them to order. Do you think they look good enough to sell?

Just the one.."Norbert" he's about a year old and 17+" long. We think he's a lemon Head not sure though. He was a rescue. BTW...after finishing the sculpture for my co-worker, I started a new one for me...lol It's a dragon theme. The cave and basking area is a Dragons Head Mountain. I've got the last layer of grout on and I'm going to try that texture spray, then seal it. So far, So good. :)

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom