Viv pics only thread

kornival

theimmortaljedi":4dc50 said:
when I post my viv pic in vistor pic so I can put it on here they don't post it. Maybe they don't alow them?

I believe you have to use one of the sites that posts pics like photobucket.com , upload ur pics there and then copy and paste its link here.

beardie osk":e7601 said:
heyjer":e7601 said:
My new beardie Marley. Enclosure is 4x2x2 and was custom built by me.
DSC06552.jpg

WELCOME TO BD.ORG, :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

What a great looking tank............my only suggestion is, your little one may be over-whelmed in such a large viv. Usually you start small and work you way up to a 4x2x2 viv, or section off half of the viv til he gets bigger, any signs of stress at all? Only a thought, as that is what most of us do here, (most of us would not use sand either, please be careful because it causes impactions)............ but as I said........great job in building this viv!

I have a 4x2x2 enclosure my dragon was 4 weeks when I got him. He had no problem adjusting just keep the right temps balance to his environment my dragon is 5 months now and 16 inches long with 240 grams. His bloodlines are from bloodbankdragon he is a tiger translucent.

100_0961.jpg

100_0962.jpg

100_0963.jpg

heyjer

Ok so to everyone's advice I got rid of the sand and replaced it with 6"x6" slate tile here are the before and after pics. Also "Marley" seems to be doing great in this large enclosure, He makes full use of all the space throughout the day, also is eating well and seems generally satisfied. Thx to all for the advice

BEFORE
DSC06554.jpg

AFTER
DSC06573.jpg

DSC06574.jpg

DSC06575.jpg

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
IMG_1913.jpg

This is Scorch's new viv. It's a 4x2x3 solid wood with tempered glass windows and magnetic shut front doors. We made a drawer for her lighting that opens in the back so that it would look like a piece of furniture in the room. She has a UVB for day and blue light for night. Used some glass mosaic tile for the back wall that I had left over from my kitchen. The floor is laminate with shelf liner under so it can be taken out and washed. The staircase and basking spot are covered in bamboo ($2 placemats from bed bath & beyond). I made the staircase out of plastic needlepoint that I sewed together with monofilament, so it is hollow underneath. She loves to go under there and hide. The basking platform is made from a $15 glass corner shelf I picked up at Lowes. It's fun to watch her go up and down the staircase. :D I used velcro to attach the bamboo so it can be easily taken out and washed. Luckily she hasn't pooed in there yet. Still not done with her furniture, I want to make a padded blankey that goes under her basking spot and the stairs since that is where she goes to hide and sleep. She seems to like it allot. I thought I would have to make a ramp to get in and out, but when I let her out to free roam she jumps back in if I leave the doors open since the bottom is only 3" of the ground. It was allot of fun to design and make, but a bit pricey as I needed some help with the construction. It's a good thing my husband loves her as much as I do or else he would probably strangle me for spending almost a grand for a lizard house! :shock:
IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg

ooooooh my, VegasLizard I am in love with your Viv. I think that out of all the ones i've seen on here this is my absolute favorite! Great work! Really waht price is to high for your babies

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah, the viv and the glass cost $500, the stain guy charged $200, the tile on the walls and floor was about another $100 and the lights and fixtures about another $100. I've spent about $50 on her stairs, basking spot, etc. I figure by the time I'm all through we'll be in about $1,000. My husband calls Scorch our daughter since we have two sons. I guess all children are spoiled and expensive in our house. :shock:
I know that the night lights bother some people's lizards, but Scorch sleeps like a log and it is nice and dark under her basking spot. The little bit of heat that the blue light lets off keeps her warmer so I don't have to worry about her night time temps getting too cold. My husband likes to keep the house chilly, so I worry if she doesn't have a night heat source.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
VEGASLIZARD":f60e5 said:
I know that the night lights bother some people's lizards, but Scorch sleeps like a log and it is nice and dark under her basking spot. The little bit of heat that the blue light lets off keeps her warmer so I don't have to worry about her night time temps getting too cold. My husband likes to keep the house chilly, so I worry if she doesn't have a night heat source.

Again, what a great viv, I can see she's very spoiled and loved, thanks for sharing!

Have you thought of a heat emitter? They really give off great heat (they come in different wattages) and beardies really should have no lights on at night. I too, like a cool house, so the emitter is a great heat source, and I have all different wattages based on the size of the viv. Blue and red lights are really not necessary for beardies, just passing on some info.

I can't wait to do all my viv's over with nice decor, (when I move and get settled) hopefully, in this lifetime, :roll: So in the meantime, I'm going to have to keep my beardies from looking at the computer and your beautiful viv pics and becoming jealous, :) it is really impressive, great job!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom