Viv is finally complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, I love your enclosure!! We're getting ready to build ours, and we want to do the sliding front door as well. My husband was thinking crickets might be able to get out if we do it that way...have you had any issues with that?

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
GoFast":7a7ed said:
great job greg! that really looks fantastic!
Thanks! My dragon also grew 2 inches within 3 weeks of being in it.

RalphIsKing":7a7ed said:
Hey there, I love your enclosure!! We're getting ready to build ours, and we want to do the sliding front door as well. My husband was thinking crickets might be able to get out if we do it that way...have you had any issues with that?
My dragon won't eat crickets so I don't have that problem. It could be an issue though. The gaps that the sliding doors create are pretty small, but it would be possible for a determined cricket to squeeze through there. The doors are elevated a few inches from the floor of the viv so it would be a little less likely for this to happen, but it would still be possible.

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Elora":d5b1d said:
WOW!!! I love that fake rock insert. very nice
Thanks Elora! I mostly followed the directions found in the Care Sheets and Articles section of BD.org with some tips from a few other sites. It was pretty easy.

Your Viv looks great! im looking at buying one for my lil girl. Just wanted to ask how many fixtures you have? our enclousure is going to be about 4ft lng and 1.5ft wide, but im not sure how many fixtures to install. she's in our basement and it gets pretty chilly down there...like in the 65 range at night! just want to make sure i do all i can to keep her comfy!

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
beardielovah11103":9d116 said:
Your Viv looks great! im looking at buying one for my lil girl. Just wanted to ask how many fixtures you have? our enclousure is going to be about 4ft lng and 1.5ft wide, but im not sure how many fixtures to install. she's in our basement and it gets pretty chilly down there...like in the 65 range at night! just want to make sure i do all i can to keep her comfy!
I have 3 fixtures. All are mounted to the top of the viv (inside). I have one 36" flourescent tube fixture and two basking fixtures on opposite sides of the viv. one has a 100watt MVB and the other has a 35 watt halogen.

I think I am going to steal that idea but use tile instead of grout and only two ledges so that one angles up to a higher one. I am building my crossfire next week.

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
glitch_in_the_system":647f4 said:
I think I am going to steal that idea but use tile instead of grout and only two ledges so that one angles up to a higher one. I am building my crossfire next week.
Cool. Be sure to post pics so we can see it.

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
beardielovah11103":85b81 said:
so would i be able to use a MVB in ours also? or would that be to much?
Absolutely! It would not be too much. It needs to be at least 24-30" tall to insure that you have adequate distance between the MVB and your dragon.
beardielovah11103":85b81 said:
what do you do for night time heat?
I don't use night time heat. The room temperature in that room doesn't go below 75 so that's perfectly fine. If I did need night time heat, I would just use a ceramic heat emitter (CHE) in the fixture that doesn't have the MVB in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom