Very small BMs, throwing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If the vet said to skip 2 days, then tomorrow would be the 3rd day....try 1-2 superworms and see how she does. It's good to have the lay box ready just in case but if she doesn't show interest in digging you can take her out after 15-20 minutes. Then pop her in later in the day for another 15 minutes , taking her out again if she shows no interest. By the way, are you positive that she's a female ? Here's a sure way to tell , don't be offended , a good number of people posting here have mistaken the gender of their beardie. If you're not 100% positive this is how to tell.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=209431

lough040

Original Poster
I just put her back in her enclosure from the lay box I made and offered her 2 superworms and she snatched em right up. Now she's toddling around as usual. That flashlight trick is really cool! I used it to double check and did not see the two dark spots that would indicate that she is actually a he , so I'm pretty sure she is female. It is definitely hard to tell!!

lough040

Original Poster
Spoke with her vet this morning, she doesnt seem to think anything is terribly wrong. She told me to resume feeding as usual and continue with the warm soaks and offering the dig box when she starts digging around her enclosure. She suggested holding a flashlight up to her back to see if I can see any eggs inside - is this a thing ??

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good, hopefully there's nothing serious going on and if she actually IS carrying eggs she'll lay them without incident. As for a flashlight to detect eggs, I've never heard of it but the only way to see if it does anything is try. I don't think it will shine through that much body mass though. If it does, get some pics !

lough040

Original Poster
Update!!! She passed a BM, not as large as usual and kind of an odd color/texture , might be the pumpkin. I poked through it and found the glass shard so she passed it safely!! And her bowels are starting to move!! Yayyyyy!

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Sounds like things are going in a positive direction. It could have been the glass passing through the colon. She may have gone off feed because the glass was uncomfortable with parastaltic waves. Eating would cause gastricolic reflex moving the glass through the bowel. It could also been the source of the vomiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom