very long brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
hello
so Fima is about 4 years old, second year he had about a 3 month brumation, the following year he had a 3 month brumation nd then suddenly in april he fell asleep and was sleeping for about two months, until I started waking him up. in nov he fell asleep again for two months. this year he again fell asleep in April and it is approaching 5 months already, he still is sleeping most of the time - now he periodically comes out for a day from his hide and goes back. should I be worried? the vet I went to last year didn't really say anything, and I have an apt to him in a few weeks but I have a feeling it will be same thing again. is it normal for them to sleep 5 months?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Something is off--- have you weighed him to see if hes losing weight? Is he hydrated? What kind of lighting do you have in your tank and where is it? Brand and bulb of UVB please---
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

There are some counts of dragons sleeping for 5 or so months. It definitely isn't uncommon, but
you definitely have to monitor them.
I think though right now, it's a good idea to review your tank setup with us so we can be sure it's
all correct for him.
Has he lost any weight during this time & have you offered any food or water for him?
If you can, please post some pictures for us of your tank setup with the lights, along with your
dragon so we can see his physical condition also.

Tracie

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
He only comes out if I put live food in front of him, he will run out to get it and then I put him to bask but he looks sleepy again. And goes back to the hide. The weight is the same - hasn’t lost any. I have a uvb 10.0 reptisun 24 inches and a basking light. Oh and I did take him out to bath him and he would drink water then.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he hasn't lost any weight I'd say everything is still going fine. Your setup sounds and looks good.
Sometimes they just like to torture us and sleep forever lol!

-Brandon

vmanilova

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Fima is 7
He did poop once while I was bathing him and urea was a dark color but I assumed just because it had been four months since the last time he went (he went about two weeks ago and before that he didn’t come out since April)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom