Vacation home vs. regular home questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
We have a trailer at the lake for the summer, and we're trying to plan ahead now that we have a beardie.

We picked up a 36x18x18 glass tank used, and planned on keeping it at our camper. Then all we have to transport is Crash, food & lights. Is moving him with us for a week here and there going to cause major relocation stress? Or will he recognize it as his 2nd home? We could transport interior branches, too, if that would help him adjust? He is used to be-bopping around here and there, we have taken him places when the days were warm. So going other places shouldn't freak him out.

Or is there anything we can incorporate into the routine that would help him adjust better?

I don't want to cause undue stress for my guy, but I also don't want to spend a week without him? (sometimes we go camping for 3 days, sometimes for a week, it's a spontaneous thing during the summer months whenever we have time). We don't want to go the route of screened viv there, as we have air conditioning in the trailer.

His viv at home is 4-ft long, and we don't have anywhere to accomodate that size, but the 3-ft will fit at camp? Thanks for any info / previous experience with this!

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
He'll be fine in a 3 ft tank for a week or so... ummm.. the only concern I have is will you have electricity if you are camping?
And because you are putting him in a different size tank, most definitely check on temps well before you take off.

I feel strongly that a well-loved & handled beardie who has been exposed to new things & people will do just fine in that situation and will not experience any undue stress- especially as he's still with you guys who he knows.

Sinclair will eat anywhere. He eats salad at the happy hours he gets to go to in the summer, he ate a bug he found at the grocery store (i was not thrilled) and yeah, none of it seems to phase him.

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yeah, it's not totally roughing it, we have electric, tv, microwave... but are right at the edge of the lake, so it's like the best of both worlds... I wasn't sure how well he'd adapt, next summer will be his first campouts, although he's "smelled" the trailer (took him with when closing it up this year -- a new 32-foot playground to him) Now if he just doesn't eat all my fishin' bait, we'll be good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom