UV light help!!! *pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmo17

Hatchling Member
well as you can see thats what the top of my cage looks like and the uv light i have is in a "Hood" but im not sure how to hang it "Safely" inside! i want it to be within 6-8 inches!

any ideas! plz! lol

BeardieGrandma

Juvie Member
Hi,

Stared at my hood for a long time contemplating the same problem.
I went to walmart and bought a fluorescent light fixture and some double-sided velcro tape. I replaced the bulb it came with, with my reptisun 10.0 and mounted it inside the tank with the velcro tape. i ran the power cord up out the back (it doesn't close all the way, but close enough)...

joga_1_11v3.jpg

JeepMiller09

Hatchling Member
Correct me if I am wrong, and I could be, I thought it was bad to mount it sideways....? All i did was took string and tied it up to the inside of my lid that way. Redneckish yes but it works!

gizmo17

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
oh wow guys thanks so much! both answers are life saves! lol i won't be able to go till monday but only 1 more day! but once again! thank you both soooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BeardieGrandma

Juvie Member
Hey Miller - what do you mean sideways (do you mean on the side of the tank), rather than coming from top?

Just curious cause I want to make sure its ok. It's been working like a charm since I put it in that way...

JeepMiller09

Hatchling Member
Correct on the side like you have now. I remembered reading it on a post on this site some place. But I always say if it ain't broke don't fix it lol

BeardieGrandma

Juvie Member
hmmm, ok I'll be on the lookout for that...I was going by the distance thing (6-8" from beardie being ideal distance). after obsessively measuring from her basking spot, that seemed like the best position...the only other potential issue I see if she decided to jump on it or something...but she's so lazy, not like some of the other beardies that crawl upside down on their screen tops and stuff...LOL

whispersinmyhead

Hatchling Member
Here is what I did. I took apart the hood. I think it was only 2-3 screws and the whit guts of it all came out. I then used zip ties to tie it onto the cross bars of my screen lid. It looks like you lid is similar. In the first pic you can see the black zip ties and the second you can see the fixture hanging at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom