Using Halogen bulbs as heat source??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KotaBeardie

Thank you . The room Kota is in is my son's room and it is the warmest room in the house. I keep my a/c at 77*, I live in Florida and the bulb is a GE clear halogen, A19 general purpose. The box says it provides 1490 lumens. Should I get a basking bulb, and just have a clear bulb for UVA's and some light in the viv? He is not eliminating in his viv now, I have to put him in the tub to get him to go.

PudgysMom

Juvie Member
This is good to know!!

I do have a Halogen bulb, GE...think it's reveal, but I can get her temps up past 95. Have to play with the wattage.

H.

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
I use what my friend calls a 250 watt brooder bulb I think by GE. I use a clamp light with hooks in the wall so I can adjust the height of the bulb to meet Mojo's needs. If it reads too hot I raise the light, too cold lower it. With it being in a clamp fixture I can tilt it to give more of a gradient from basking spot to cool side. Mojo moves from warm to cool as she needs too. I found I could not get the temps right with anything else. Of course Mojo's cage is in my livingroom only half blocked from the flow of the AC, so it does affect her temps. I am home almost 24/7 so I do not recommend this to everyone and it will probably change when I get Mojo a larger cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom