URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

fellwolfpaw

Original Poster
LuvJazz":fa446 said:
Please please just take him to the vet!!!! Its worth it!
Sounds like an RI, vet is your best bet. You can try the herbal stuff but the Vet knows what he/she is doing.

Even if it turns out nothing is wrong at least you can relax knowing he is ok. It is also a good oppertunity to ask the vet things you should be looking for. Instead of going by reccomendations of the petshops....

Ok, I'll try to go to the vet tomorrow

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, he should be seen by a vet since he is so small and lethargic. Are you still hearing any clicking sounds and how is his breathing today? Do you know of a reptile vet near you?

Were you able to make any of the suggested changes?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Diane covered most everything for you. :D How are things going? The thermometer is important to get so you can determine his temperatures which are crucial for his health.
Do not leave any lights on at all overnight, but as suggested, a sock filled with rice & heated in the microwave is a great way to keep him warm overnight. Just be sure to place a towel over it so it is not too hot for him. You can also get a ceramic heat emitter as well to help him stay warm. Right now, with him not feeling well he needs his immune system to be boosted.
Did you move the Reptiglo 10 light to 10+ inches? That is very important. That particular light is hazardous & emits low wavelength UVB & will harm his eyes. Also, make sure that you have a bright white basking light directly beside the UVB light. I recommend though that you take the Reptiglo back or try to return it, & purchase a Reptisun 10 flourescent tube bulb instead. It is MUCH safer.
Does he have much of an appetite?

Tracie

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Just like Pepto, they've got you covered, I'll just wish you luck and give support where it is needed. I hope you baby is ok!

fellwolfpaw

Original Poster
Drache613":c56f4 said:
Hello,

Diane covered most everything for you. :D How are things going? The thermometer is important to get so you can determine his temperatures which are crucial for his health.
Do not leave any lights on at all overnight, but as suggested, a sock filled with rice & heated in the microwave is a great way to keep him warm overnight. Just be sure to place a towel over it so it is not too hot for him. You can also get a ceramic heat emitter as well to help him stay warm. Right now, with him not feeling well he needs his immune system to be boosted.
Did you move the Reptiglo 10 light to 10+ inches? That is very important. That particular light is hazardous & emits low wavelength UVB & will harm his eyes. Also, make sure that you have a bright white basking light directly beside the UVB light. I recommend though that you take the Reptiglo back or try to return it, & purchase a Reptisun 10 flourescent tube bulb instead. It is MUCH safer.
Does he have much of an appetite?

Tracie

He is sitting on his heated sock right now. :D Yes I moved his Reptiglo and I will see about returning the other reptiglo for a reptisun. Thanks a ton and Waldo is going to the vet tomorrow!!! :D :D :D

fellwolfpaw

Original Poster
diamc":717b0 said:
Yes, he should be seen by a vet since he is so small and lethargic. Are you still hearing any clicking sounds and how is his breathing today? Do you know of a reptile vet near you?

Were you able to make any of the suggested changes?

Yes I have found a vet near me and Waldo is going to him tomorrow!!! I haven't heard clicking sounds lately and his breathing is fine right now. He LOVES his heated sock!!! His breathing was really deep earlier but it's good now. I haven't switched the sand out yet but I'll get to it. Thanks a ton!!! Fellwolfpaw

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's great that Waldo likes the rice sock and that you moved the Repti-Glo a little. Hopefully you'll be able to exchange the other one for the Repti-Sun 10.0. Make sure to pick up a thermometer for him too, can't stress enough how important the right temps are. Good luck at the vets and let us know how you make out. :wink:

fellwolfpaw

Original Poster
diamc":712c1 said:
That's great that Waldo likes the rice sock and that you moved the Repti-Glo a little. Hopefully you'll be able to exchange the other one for the Repti-Sun 10.0. Make sure to pick up a thermometer for him too, can't stress enough how important the right temps are. Good luck at the vets and let us know how you make out. :wink:

Is a Fluker's heating lamp ok? Plus would you reccomend a ZooMed lightbulb or an All Living Things lightbulb?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The brand of basking bulb isn't as important as a good brand UVB. You can even use a standard household lightbulb for the basking bulb, just have to make sure that the temps are accurate and in the right range.

fellwolfpaw

Original Poster
My birthday was yesterday and I asked a bunch of people that if they were going to give me a present please give me a PetSmart gift card and that's just what I got. I got almost $100 in PetSmart gift cards. :D I think I'm buying Waldo a new tank. One question...... does anyone have an Egyptian Uromastyx and are they friendly?

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
hooked on reptiles now!!!!

uros are nice but get Waldo sorted properly before you go for another reptile; they are all so different in their requirements and you really need to have your beardie settled and healthy before having to worry about getting another set up right

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY.

Getting gift certificates to Petsmart was a good idea and they will come in handy. Be sure to get either a temperature gun or digital with wire & probe end as accurate temps are very important. Were you able to exchange the Repti-Glo for the Repti-Sun fluorescent?

fellwolfpaw

Original Poster
diamc":da57a said:
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY.

Getting gift certificates to Petsmart was a good idea and they will come in handy. Be sure to get either a temperature gun or digital with wire & probe end as accurate temps are very important. Were you able to exchange the Repti-Glo for the Repti-Sun fluorescent?

Thank you!!! I haven't exchanged the lights yet but I am working on it!!!

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
diamc":a7c19 said:
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY.

Yes, Happy Birthday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom