Urgent: Temporary or permanent homes needed this weekend!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
Well, we've set up 4 tanks, re-arranged the 3 we had, and fed, bathed, and cuddled everyone to bed. Mommy's tired, but bellies are full, and other than some comical arm waving and bearding and nodding, everyone is just fine!

It's HYSTERICAL! Uno thinks "he's da man" while Sunny (who is at LEAST 5 times bigger, was arm waving at him in submission! LMBO!!!!!!! Of course, Dos was also arm waving, and Mercury, well, he's just being Mercury.... feisty, but adorable.... and all have eaten like PIGS tonight!!!!

Im so happy to have everyone home!!!! Astarte has fallen IN LOVE with my daughter's boyfriend, and wont let him put her down... in fact she traveled the entire 2 hours in the cab of the truck on TOP of her box!!!! Just as happy as she could be, watching all of the "salads" go by (trees and bushes) and just enjoying the heck out of it! She LOVES to ride! The only time she moved was to cuddle with Aaron! (my son in waiting as MaryAnn described him! LOL)

Aaron's gonna have a HARD time giving her up.... but I keep telling him.... she's only being fostered my dear..... She's upstairs in the loft, and is now in bed. I think Aaron will be here CONSTANTLY now! He says he has a "new woman" in his life! LOL!

It's so cute, you should SEE them together! He's calling Astarte "My little star" and they just adore each other!

Thank you MaryAnn for trusting us with her, and with Mercury, Uno and Dos! We couldnt be happier to be slaves to these wonderful little gifts from God!

HUGS!!!!

Sandi

bdgal

Hatchling Member
Pics of any of the rehomed beardies? I am so sad that you had to find home for them (temp or permanent) but so far it sounds like they have found good ones!! Have all of them been placed yet?

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
I'll post pics later today!!!!! Still getting situated here.

Boy if beards could kill.... lol Ive got to get something to cover the insides of Uno's tank.... he can see his reflection and beards and head bobs like CRAZY! LOL He'll catch a glimpse of Sunny, and beard and head bob him, Sonny will either wave or black beard.... and then he'll catch a glimpse of Dos, and black beard and head bob at her, and she waves.... right now, he's RIGHT next to my computer.... and YUP, he's black bearded and head bobbing BD.org! He can see and is intently watching every letter I type! LOL

Funny boy.

Mercury is happily basking, and Astarte is just being a little sweetie, basking, enjoying being talked to.... etc......

Sandi

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I am so happy to hear how well my babies are doing in their new homes, and wanted to let posters know that I've heard from a couple more North Cal-Central Cal people, and hope I can settle Kang and Thoth with them as fosters. Galadriel will be going to foster with Karliskielty, and her three girls. Details have not been worked out yet, but I'm hoping I will be able to keep all my fosters within 150 miles from home! I initially let a few of the third clutch babies, Pi, Fireball, Shade, Godzilla and the last unnamed baby, 3-11, go to people where I'm not sure of the final home, and wish they all could have gone to families like Sandi's and Aimee's families. Diver is in a school classroom, as I had been planning for before this all hit. Nuevo went to a friend of my son's, for her nephew, and Cuatro is holding here for her after Nuevo is settled. Hob, Pythagoras and Olivia went to BAARS, where they will screen anyone wanting to adopt. I still have Fib, Nef and others here with me, (Thorn's on top of my head as I write :laughing6: ) as life without a beardie, well, what's that? :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5:

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Hermes was SOOO tired yesterday after his car ride home! We had his tank mostly set up and just had to get a few things like a spotlight and tree for him to climb in or hide under. Still working on getting his temps measured, will do that today. Here's Hermes right after we put him in his new tank:

Hermes.jpg

Twitch was SO funny! :lol: Usually she basks all day and only moves to change her basking spot, or to eat. But she could see Hermes through the end of his tank, and she was racing around in circles for like 15 minutes trying to find out if she could get closer! I ended up covering the end of his tank because I didn't want her scaring him and making his stress worse. Then I took Twitch outside for a nice long walk in the warm sun. She was mellower when we went back inside.

Our kids both love Hermes and would have held him all day but I told them he needed some time to rest and adapt to his new surroundings. He curled up next to his little wooden bridge and this is where he went to sleep around 2:00!
Hermessettlesin.jpg

I let him sleep til 6 or so then he woke up a little but still looked so tired. I took him out and gave him a nice bath. He was very happy in there. The first time we gave Twitch a bath she freaked out but we could tell Hermes knows the ropes. After his bath he cuddled up in a blankie and slept on my lap til 8 then I placed him back home for the night. Twitch did not look very happy with me. We're going to have to alternate cuddling nights... :)

I'll try to get some more pictures tonight, of Hermes and his home. He'll be spoiled, that's for sure!

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I am still looking for foster homes for Kang and Thoth. The urgency is a little less, but still needs to happen before the end of April, and I hope to keep them within Northern or Central California.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
I'm trying to talk my hubby into fostering both but the look i keep getting from him is :shock: :|

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Woot we are fostering Kang and Thoth for MaryAnn they will arive tomorrow afternoon :D Im so excited! oh boy 7 beardies :shock:

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
Freeie":346cd said:
Woot we are fostering Kang and Thoth for MaryAnn they will arive tomorrow afternoon :D Im so excited! oh boy 7 beardies :shock:

LOL Yup, 7 beardies here too!!!!! POST pics as soon as you can!!!!

HUGS

Sandi

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Freeie":ce5e6 said:

That is so great! *hugs* to you and to hubby for seeing the light :D I am so happy for all Lizardgrrl's babies. This is truly a wonderful place! :blob5:

Freeie

Extreme Poster
I don't know where I'm going to put the 2 vivs lol They will have to be on the floor for now at least and well lets just say in Chimaira's roam zone... :shock: He likes to peek into vivs and run away lol How to divide all the time up is going to be intresting lol We will have one of their vivs tomorrow and one will have to be in Zeros downstairs temp viv (we put him back up stairs) Intill his cage gets here sunday. I hope hes not a good jumper lol I'm really happy to help someone out.

h0ndap0w3r

Sub-Adult Member
where are you located at? i can take one in if need be i have plently of food to go around, just a bit tight on space. . . lol, im in buena park, ca

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Good news, everyone! With Galadriel fostering with Karliskielty starting Sunday, Kang and Thoth fostering with Freeie starting tomorrow and little Cuatro going to my son's co-worker to be her own dragon, as soon as she passes Nuevo onto her nephew, everyone is safe and secure until I can bring them home again. As the dust settles, I will start working on my beardie school program again, :study: :study: :study: and when we get resettled, I should have it up and running, and all in my own place, :laughing6: instead of depending on someone else's place. :roll: Should be much better all the way around. :wink: Thank you again with all my heart, TazzysMamma, dna14, Kaliskielty and Freeie, and all the others who have offered help and support through this heart-wrenching time. You have been the angels sent for me and my babies, and I am in awe at your kind and generous spirits.
:love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom