Urgent: Temporary or permanent homes needed this weekend!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
I haven't been online in the last couple of weeks because I suddenly and very unexpectedly lost both my home and my job. I have been scurrying around trying to find homes for everyone and am down to the last few dragons that I need to place. I hate to let go of these guys, as much of my planning for later this year does include them, but I am staying with amazing, wonderful friends who will let me have a few of my babies here, until I get everything squared away. So here goes. I need to find homes for Kang, Hob, Galadriel, Astarte, Thoth, Uno, Dos, Olivia, Hermes, Mercury and Pythagoras. If you can take one, or several, PM me here with a phone #, I'm online at night, but not very long as it's a friend's computer.

Kang - Temporary home - My yellow Cling-on nut! He is a little underweight at the moment, but he runs off everything he eats, trying to show everyone that he's the guy. One of my cuddle bugs!

Hob, aka Hatshepsut, temporary home - She arrived just over a year ago as an undersized baby with health issues, missing one hand. She has not grown fast, but is healthy, a little butterball and another sweetie.

Galadriel - Temporary home - Arrived one year ago, severely underweight, MBD and barely able to walk. Can run, jump, skip now, don't get in my way, I'm getting ready to take on the world!

Astarte - Temporary home - Arrived one year ago, gravid and a real sweetie. Since her third clutch, I have fought to keep weight on her and thought she was doing much better till all this hit. I'm worried about her losing weight again.

Thoth - Temporary home

Uno - Temporary home

Dos - Temporary home, possibly permanent with the right person.

Olivia - probably permanent home.

Pythagoras - probably permanent home.

Hermes - probably permanent home.

Mercury - probably permanent home.

I'll post more details on the others in a little bit but I needed to get this started now. Thank you all for your help and consideration!

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Oh my, I'm so sorry about your circumstances.
I would be glad to take two of them, if I didn't just take in two rescues. I do volunteer for with a wonderful sanctuary, and I know he would take two or so of them, if need be. Unfortunately, I'm in Oklahoma, no CA.
Good luck to you and all of your beardies.

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Here are further notes on the others. I'll be here until 9 am PDT, then I'm off to the location which they need to leave this weekend! I'll be back mid to late afternoon and check here again.

Thoth - Temporary home - Arrived just under a year ago, two years old, and unnamed by the people who previously had him. He has been fine overall, a little goofy though as he periodically attempts to breed with my left arm, attempting to bite the left knuckles to position himself.

Uno - Temporary home - The first of Astarte's babies, over a foot long. I have video of him coming out of the egg. My very first hatchling, and another cuddle bug.

Dos - Temporary home, possibly permanent with the right person. Uno's clutch mate, about the same size, missing the end of one rear toe. She is a sweetie, and I had planned to keep her. I will let her go to the very best home for her.

Olivia - probably permanent home. Astarte's second clutch, again, these are all sweeties. Olivia is missing part of her right hand, again a victim of sibling nibblng, otherwise completely healthy, and was going to be part of my Beardie Ambassador Program for sixth grade classrooms.

Pythagoras - probably permanent home. Astarte's third clutch, again sibling nibbled, missing 3/4 of her left arm. She was also going to be a Beardie Ambassador, and has a genuinely loving and thoughtful personality. A wrench to let her go, but again, if you have the very best home for her, she is yours.

Hermes - probably permanent home. Hermes and Mercury are both third clutch, perfect form, very fiesty but poor eaters and have not grown like any of their siblings. The stress of this is very hard on them and they need someone with time to spend with them, and special care. Hermes is showing yellow while Mercury has been showing red-orange.

Mercury - probably permanent home. Mercury is the little hatchling in the Perfect Circle photo on my webpage.

I'll post more details on the others in a little bit but I needed to get this started now. Thank you all for your help and consideration![/quote]

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
MaryAnn, I am so sorry for what had happened.
I hope you'll be able to find temporary homes for all of your babies soon.
Good luck.

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
We'd love to take in Mercury or Hermes, have been thinking about a 2nd dragon (male) and this seems to be a sign (if we're not too late!) Just sent a PM :!:

hi sorry that yo are going through this and anything that i can do to help you with i will ,i will be more than willing to take two of them and give them all the love and care that i have i live in florida and will pay all of the shipping cost if you need the help

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
At this point, it seems tomorrow Mercury, Uno and Dos will be going to TazzysMamma to stay. I believe Hermes will be going to dna14, again a permanent home. Someone from a local reptile rescue will probably take Pythagoras and Olivia, but they only want dragons I am willing to give away, which leaves me still looking for temporary homes for Kang, Hob, Galadriel, Astarte and Thoth. I hoped to work out a deal for boarding at least 4 of them, but the person is out of the area for the weekend, leaving me still looking for places for them tomorrow. Galadriel and Astarte are still in their large tanks, and Kang's is there, along with all his furniture, but the tank is in need of duct tape before moving! I can use Fib's tank for either Hob or Thoth, but will have to find what I can of their furniture, as fib has most of his here. If you've got room for any of them, let me know. This community truly is family! :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5:

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
We will definetly take Hermes, and love him well, and we and our kids are so excited- will be picking him up tomorrow morning. We discussed fostering but honestly we live in a condo and not much room plus tight budget - tripling the food costs :shock: scary. Honestly don't think we can do it though we hate to say no. We hate to see anyone left homeless though! We called a friend in the neighborhood who has 2 beardies and she will discuss fostering with her family and will call us early tomorrow before we meet you MaryAnn! Hopefully she will be able to help. We're crossing our fingers for your family! *hug*

Unfortunately our friend decided they don't have room, very sad. :( But we can't wait to meet Hermes...

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
Yes, we're also very excited to be welcoming Mercury, Uno, and Dos into our home and our hearts! I honestly wish there was more I could do to help!!!

Cant wait to see you tomorrow MaryAnn!

HUGS!

Sandi

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'm out the door to Hayward. I don't answer when I am on the road, and I can't do text yet, but it will record a # and I will call you back! Thank you to Sandi, Aimee and Derrick. See you in a while!

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
We are home with Hermes. :blob5: He is SOOO cute and very friendly. What a difference between the way he is being handled compared to the way Twitch was when she came home. Though now she is fine and cuddly. MaryAnn, you're an awesome beardie Mom. I so hope you find a place for all your beardies and are reunited soon. Feel free to come visit Hermes anytime you're in the area. :love5: Thank you for trusting us with your baby, we will be his slaves for life. We will post pictures soon so you can see how he's doing, Derrick's out buying supplies right now!

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you sooo much for taking Hermes! It is good knowing my babies are in the hands of people who truly love and understand them, and I'm sure Hermes will thrive with your care. TazzysMamma also went long distance to pick up Mercury, Uno and Dos, then decided they could take Astarte to foster till I have things in order again. You are all awesome! :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5:

I still need temporary homes for at least 3 dragons, Kang, Thoth and Galadriel, but have them here with me tonight, safe and out of the shed in Hayward. :roll: My little room is very crowded, but I'll keep working to make sure everyone is secure and avoid stressing my friends. The hornworms and silkworms are in my room, but the superworms and crickets are in an outdoor shed. I think they'll be fine, and then they'll be dinner. I did let Hob, Olivia and Pythagoras go with the rescue group, BAARS, but it is a massive wrench. :cry: I know they will screen anyone who wants them, though, and I have asked them to pass on my contact information to whoever adopts them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom