URGENT! Male bearded dragon digging and hardly eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

GingerSloth

My (i think male) bearded dragon recently has stopped eating crickets, but is eating mealworms. Im not sure exactly how old he is, but i think about 7-8 months. He has the femoral pores on his legs, and has never done an armwave, and is constantly bobbing his head. Due to financial situations, i cannot aford a new vivarium, but am hoping to get one in the next month or too. I have this large piece of wood, (http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&tbm=isch&tbnid=wzMQ-LwAi8vlAM:&imgrefurl=http://www.rootsemporium.co.uk/furniture/furniture2/image13.html&docid=2xtI44HeoYWyoM&imgurl=http://www.rootsemporium.co.uk/furniture/furniture2/teak%252520driftwood%252520sculpture%252520detail.jpg&w=703&h=531&ei=sI4bUMvtNMrS0QXe_IAo&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=262&sig=114233571171627597881&page=2&tbnh=129&tbnw=171&start=15&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:15,i:198&tx=112&ty=38&biw=1268&bih=763) And all the crickets i fed to him, are hiding in it. Im not sure if he was being annoyed by all the crickets in there, because he never went there, but before they were there, he loved sitting on it. I put his small log in now, and he is still digging. Im also worried it is too hot, around his basking area is 110 Fahrenheit, but i don't know what the spot is. HE has fresh water and salad once a day, and i give him crickets and mealworms in the morning. he seems to eat the mealworms but not crickets. Under his tail, i checked, and i see one small lump but i think it is his vent, but other than that i dont see one. I felt his stomach and he just feels stodgey, like usual, and i cant feel any eggs. In the shop we bought him ,they said his head was wide and his colours look maleish, but im not sure. His tale is very thick at the base and then gets thin quite quickly. Im most concerned that he is a she :S and might be laying eggs soon, but i also think it is because the viv is too small. i think it is 90x45x45, and he also right now is digging and jumping at his bask bulb, and the sand, and scratching at the glass, and head bobbing. Im very worried now. I dont know any vets near me but i will have a look. Thanks for reading, hope you can help.

Trajega

Hatchling Member
"Male Colours" "wide head: - Ok the person who sold you the beardie "Makes Up" expertise. If the beardie is still eating, it might just be fussy about its food choice. In regards to the glass scratching, that does sound like the dragon is searching for a nest to dig into. You may want to find a hiding hole and put a well considered safe substrate. I have some filtered sand I give mine when shes getting ready to lay eggs, it appears to drop her stress level.

In regards to the size, It sounds like you have a decent sized cage (cm assumed).

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Trajega mentioned setting up a lay area....so yes,you should have a lay box ready just in case. There are great instructions in the breeding forum at the top of the page. By the way, can you post a pic of your dragon ? Also, be sure to offer fluids regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom