Updated Tank Arrangements =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past I've posted pics of my dragons enclosure and I am simply updating the pics as it has been several months...The tank is a 40 gallon breeder with repti-sun 10 bulbs and a basking lamp. I record the temps with digital probes inside the tank. for a substrate i use black and tan play sand and a tile slab from Home Depot. As you will see I keep two beardies in this tank (I am fully aware of the dangers with this decision so please do not lecture me). I have had the beardies together since I brought them both home (I purchased them both from the same Petco on the same day) and they have yet to show any aggresion or mating rituals. Rest assured that at the first sign of this they will be seperated, but as for now they have no problem living together. So here they are, Thorn and Xerces in their home =)

IMG_1788.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1791.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

You really shouldn't keep dragons that young on sand. They have a kink in their digestive track which is easily obstructed if they injest sand. I would recommend getting some more tile as it works very well. Are both of your dragons female? Do they get along well? It isn't recommended that you keep two dragons together especially if they aren't both female.

What are you using for your UVB source? It looks like you are using two tubes, it would be alot better for your dragons if you had a longer tube that extended the length of the tank.

LJean

Extreme Poster
Nice looking tank. I love it when they stand on their toes.
I need to do some decorating.

C-Town Dragonz

Original Poster
It isn't recommended that you keep two dragons together
(I am fully aware of the dangers with this decision so please do not lecture me). I have had the beardies together since I brought them both home (I purchased them both from the same Petco on the same day) and they have yet to show any aggresion or mating rituals. Rest assured that at the first sign of this they will be seperated,

But thank you for the concern it "is" appreciated

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
It looks really nice!
I like how you have one side with a desert feel and the other with a more woodsy feel, but they both come together really nicely!

And, your beardies are so freakin cute!
Aww...reminds me of the cuties at work.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Oooo, I love the "watering hole" look on the tile. :D I'm not a fan of sand, (Many reasons) Bt the mix looks nice. I agree, your little dragons are so cute. I need another one now. :lol:

Sandy H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom