Unexpected Rescue, slightly smelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyMeridius

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Like I said, I am guessing at the age...not just based on length, but she is overall slimmer, so I think there is a lot of room to fill out for her.

Sounds like Gabriel filled out QUITE nicely with you! :lol: He sounds like he is a lot of fun! Rescues figure out when there are someplace that will care for them.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
All my boys get great care. Dealing with Titan takes a lot of my time, I've been on disability lately, so I'm sort of grateful because doing all his meds and auto-immune stuff takes LOTS of time, so I take care of the others 1st, then Titan last. I'm hoping to cure him, it's a really nasty disease and we're not even sure how he got it, he's hardly ever out of his tank!

She'll fill out and I'm sure she'll grow younger, she doesn't look like an adult, so you'll see as time goes on. She sure is a pretty dragon!

LadyMeridius

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks!

That's crazy with Titan! Poor guy! Is there a cure for it or is it something that has to be managed?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I've heart different things, that it's never curable, but manageable, that it's fatal, that it's sometimes curable, no one really knows. So it's day by day, but at least he's happy being in my bedroom instead of out in the living room with the other 5. Gabriel was the one in my bedroom, so I switched the tanks and they're both happier. As for Titan, he sees the vet on Friday and we'll determine if he's getting worse. He's still eating and pooping, he just hates the meds and the auto-immune stuff I'm giving him, but he has to deal with it as that's the only way he's going to get better. My vet and I have never dealt with it, so we're both doing a lot of research. If it gets worse and he gets very sick, then I'll have to decide to carry on or put him to sleep. I sure would miss my Titan...but for now it's day by day and he's not getting worse at this point.

LadyMeridius

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sometimes not getting any worse is all you can ask for. It sounds like you and your doctor are doing everything the two of you can think of. Its crazy, because you would never associate an auto-immune issue with a reptile.

But like you said, he eats and poops. I had those days too, where that made me happy. Everytime Fluffy ate, to me, was a victory. If the poop was solid, it was victory.

Ill be thinking of Titan and hoping his visit goes well.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thanks, I've been doing ALOT of research and so has my vet and this is what's been highly recommended, so I'm following the protocol. It takes a lot of time to take care of him, but it's worth all the time. I'll keep you posted.

So is River smelling better since she's getting more baths?

LadyMeridius

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes, River is smelling better. I think it helped that she let out a few stinky poops too, so that may have been causing some of that smell. She can let em rip x_x :puke:

LadyMeridius

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Today River learned that her job is to wear funny hats to amuse me....Happy Halloween!

DJK69sn.jpg

LadyMeridius

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have lots of hats. I always put Fluffy in them. Now its River's turn. I have a graduate cap, a straw cap, a bowler, a pilgrim one, st pat's day, 4th of july and probably a couple of others >.>

LadyMeridius

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Craft stores mostly. I go to the doll sections. The best stuff was at Hobby Lobby, but Ive found a few at AC Moore and Michael's from time to time.

I have Santa hats somewhere, that were meant for scrapbooking. I put one on Fluffy a few years ago and turned her into a giant poster that I hung in my store :D

LadyMeridius

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No,I just manage a big box pet store =)

I had a large tote of stuff for Fluffy, so when River settles in better, she will get to have them all =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom