Umbilical cord on a 3 month beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I'm new to this forum but I've been reading alot of posts since I decided to get a bearded dragon. This is my second one, the first one I had died about 10 years ago (he was about 8.5 years old) so I've been refreshing my knowledge alot. My new beardie (Savrin) is from a reptile shop that is very fussy about where they get their reptiles and they had their hatchlings for about a week and a half before selling them to ensure that they were healthy. I've had him for a little over 2 weeks, he's about 3 months old and eating crickets, greens and squash like a horse. I have a UV light as well as a ceramic heat emitter and his basking spot is generally between 98 and 110 degrees. I'm not sure why it fluctuates but it's mostly in the right temperature range and I have dry paper towel on the bottom of the tank which I change once a day. I bathe him once a day in the evening about an hour before lights out. His tank I know is way too small right now (10 gallon) but by the middle of next month I'm going to buy a 4' x 2' aquarium. The tank is extremely temperary. By all appearances he seems to be a healthy normal little guy.

I noticed something though on his stomach, looks like an umbilical cord? I've done some research online and I see instances of where there is something left when an egg sack drops off there is a little knob left behind, but that seems to generally happen with very young hatchlings. My beardie is about 3 months now and still has something attached here. It's dry, not oozing not enflamed, he doesn't seem to have any issues with it. He's very active like all babies are and seems happy.
Anyone have any insight?
imagejpg1.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....nothing to worry about there, it has been shrinking and will eventually not even be noticed. :)

Silvertoaster

Original Poster
Ah good :)

Thank you very much for your reply, I wasn't sure if I should worry or not but I won't now :D

Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom