uh beardie diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my beardie, Bender, really likes to poop on me or my bed, but today he just took it to far. haha no seriously the little brat pooped on the couch and my mom killed me. I was kinda kidding about the whole diaper thing but is it possible to potty train them like it is for dogs? thanks

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
Nope you can't really potty train them...sucks huh!

You just base on there feeding timing and how big they feel and then u know when and when not to take them out.

Also putting them in some sort of tub with warm water then they will poop.

Hopes this helps!

~Haley

drgnfly2265

Sub-Adult Member
I usually make sure mine poop before I play with them or take them places. And they normally go when I give them a bath. If they don't I make sure I have paper towls near by, lol :wink:

Spyro is more or less potty trained.

ill stick him in a sandwhich container with babywarm water and he poops within 5 mins of sitting in there.

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
Actually, the ability to 'pottytrain' is quite controversial.

Based on observation, dragons do not like going to the bathroom in their own environment. So they particularly take the advantage of going outside of the tank (like the floor or in PUBLIC places!). At least that is what my dragons do XD and will hold it in either until I take them out or they cannot hold it in any longer.

FfelixalEx

Original Poster
haha ya I can tell, he doesnt like pooping in his tank very much, and his poops are like diarea, is that cuz of his greens maybe?

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
FfelixalEx":1tp1357q said:
haha ya I can tell, he doesnt like pooping in his tank very much, and his poops are like diarea, is that cuz of his greens maybe?

It could be. Diet certainly plays a role in fecal consistency. Does he have diarrhea all of the time? What are you feeding him? Lettuce usually causes a lot of runny poo, or escarole and endive and most types of fruits.

If it has an outrageous odor however and it is constant, then I would look into getting a fecal done by your vet just to be safe =) Want to make sure its not stress related or parasite related.

Nixiemaiden

Hatchling Member
I use the method of taking my beardie out only after he has pooped. Because his lights are on and off at the same time every day and he eats at the same times every day, his pooping schedule is pretty regular.

Also, if your beardie has runny poop I would definitely get a fecal done just to be on the safe side.

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
With my mine if i feed her bell peppers or lots of squash she will get runny poo. also if i change her diet it will cause trouble to. as someone else said being on a schedule will help. Having a fecal done is always a good thing to make sure.

MommiesBoyX

Hatchling Member
i have learned to put mine on towels when i hold them. i have a few towels that i use and they are washable. i do their nails with a cauterizer regularly, so they dont get caught in the towels. works perfectly! lol

you can sortof train them to use the bathroom at the same time everyday. I have one that refuses to go in her viv so I give her a bath 3 times a week at 10 a.m. and she goes every single time. Once in a while she'll go on the floor, small slip up.

Shiva

Hatchling Member
I use to love summer time with my iguana and am i hoping my beardies will be similar. I use to take him outside on leash and he always went at that time. In the winter time it was a matter of finding it-usually under a radiator, the smell of hot air over fecal matter brought it to my attention. My babies have as yet, to developed a routine regarding their poo. ::))

zooeymama

Hatchling Member
My little one generally poops before noon. Every now and then she throws me a curve ball and waits until 2. Like today and boy did she go. But I don't usually take her out much before she poops. I also try not to feed her anything protein before she goes (just put her nummy salad in there with her beardie pellets)- she usually won't eat until after she has had her daily deuce. hehe BUT she has yet to poop on me or anything. Even if she has to go she just gets wiggly and I put her back and then...she only goes if I leave her alone. Shy? haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom