Tyrus' Crazy Tactics- new pics pg5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, it't been a while since I posted any pics of Tyrus (formerly Deanie) As some of you know we had a quick bout with MBD, I corrected all husbandry errors and hes been growing like a weed since.

Here is the before (June 05/2011)
5 inches long and 3.3g
IMG_0159.jpg

And here he is today (Dec 26/2011) Weighing in at 299g at this point and approx 15inches long
Tyrus2011008.jpg

I cant believe how fast they grow!

Here are some pics I liked from today and last week.

His tail was a new form of stylish hat.
IMG_0391.jpg

Puffing up to grab that morning UVB lol
IMG_0420.jpg

His tank: (which he is quicky outgrowing! must build a custom enclosure
Tyrus2011006.jpg

Such a Purdy Face:
Tyrus2011009.jpg

No shortage on spikes:
Tyrus2011010.jpg

Crazy glass dancing that occurs for about 2 hours every morning
Tyrus2011003.jpg

Thanks for looking!! Feel free to comment lol

Kalyn

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey everyone! I've been slacking in the update department lately. So here goes:

Hoodoo is doing okay, he's started "gulping" once or twice a day. Any ideas?
He's still eating his butters, crickets, supers and salad. Here he is this morning:
15a63803.jpg

I haven't gotten to Tyrus' tank yet but I'll update him as well.

jewl495

Juvie Member
Hey there its been a long while. The boys look great, and I love Tyrus beard its such a pretty orange. So, you said that Hoodoo is gulping?? Kinda like what they do when they get irritated? Do you think he has something stuck in his throat like a super from just gulping it down? Or do you think his kinda having a hard time breathing? When did he start doing it?

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey! Yes too long, I've been lurking more than anything lately. :lurk:

So glad you found Kratos!!

He started this about a week ago so I opened his mouth, nothing out of the ordinary in there... I've been keeping an eye on him especially since he is 12 yrs old now. I'm wondering maybe the sticky serrapeptase is bothering him.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Kalyn876":1rex6r2e said:
Hey! Yes too long, I've been lurking more than anything lately. :lurk:

So glad you found Kratos!!

He started this about a week ago so I opened his mouth, nothing out of the ordinary in there... I've been keeping an eye on him especially since he is 12 yrs old now. I'm wondering maybe the sticky serrapeptase is bothering him.

Lurker!! Shame on you! LOL.

Scarlet gulps a little after eating silkworms! Funny you mentioned the Serrapeptase, since it's in the worms, too.

jewl495

Juvie Member
It could be the serrapeptase...maybe give him a break from it. Since you mentioned this.....My beardie Jazz got a few RI's the last couple yrs of his life and the first two RI's started out right after I gave him Reptaid. He also started out gulping right after I gave him the dose of Reptaid kind of like it agitated him or he was mad, I assumed he didn't like the taste of it. The gulping lasted for the first two days but the turned to a cough. I don't know if it was an allergy to the Reptaid or a coincidence but after the second RI I threw the Reptaid away.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
jewl495":3uxfo1f2 said:
It could be the serrapeptase...maybe give him a break from it. Since you mentioned this.....My beardie Jazz got a few RI's the last couple yrs of his life and the first two RI's started out right after I gave him Reptaid. He also started out gulping right after I gave him the dose of Reptaid kind of like it agitated him or he was mad, I assumed he didn't like the taste of it. The gulping lasted for the first two days but the turned to a cough. I don't know if it was an allergy to the Reptaid or a coincidence but after the second RI I threw the Reptaid away.

Kinda makes me wonder if he accidently aspirated the Reptaid...? I would have thrown it away, too. Hard to say what would have caused that.

After I give meds or supplements, I give some water with the syringe to help them clear out their mouths. Maybe that is a good thing to do after Serrapeptase...? Not sure if I would stop it or not, I guess that would depend on how it would impact his mobility. :?: That is a hard call.

jewl495

Juvie Member
I wondered the same thing Shanny but I syringe fed him his blended salad almost everyday so I was pretty good at it. I do think it was possible though.
Kalyn, I hope that won't happen to Hoodoo. Maybe Shanny's idea of mixing the serrapeptase with water or baby food will help it go down smoother for him. As long as he is getting the right dosage into him it won't matter if its diluted...just make sure he gets his full dose.

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you for the advice I will try the water thing, he hates taking water of all things from a syringe for some reason :roll: I always give him three supers/butters after he takes his dose to help "wash out his mouth" but maybe the water will work better.

The only reason I'm worried is because a few people on the board with older beardies noticed this as the first sign before natural passing.. I hope not. Hopefully he's just being a fussy boy, my roomate says he doesn't do it when I'm not home :? Myabe hes just playing the sympathy card lol

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Awwww :? I know how you feel. The older my sweet kitty got, little things started to present themselves. Just little signs of aging and changes to her as she got older. She almost lived to be 20 years old. Kudos to you for keeping him in such good health!

jewl495

Juvie Member
:cry: :cry: :cry: Kalyn I sure hope its not his time yet, but as Shanny said you have done wonderful job keeping him healthy into his senior yrs .
If he doesn't like water maybe gatorade would work?? My boy hates water but will take diluted gatorade. I think that you giving butters right after is probably a good choice also cause they are squishy. hehe

Anyhow keep us informed on HooDoo....And thanks BTW about Kratos...I'm so relieved we got him back.

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Tyrus wore his new harness today, we were headed outside for some sun and then it started raining...

ddddb0cd.jpg

9c9f5311.jpg

I adore this harness!

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
That's the nicest harness I've seen yet. WANT! It looks so much easier to put on than the regular harnesses, or to get them out of. Do you walk them forward and out of the harness or do you back it over his head? Where did you get it??

Bummer about the rain. Sounds like you are in Florida. HAHA It can just fall out of the sky unexpectedly in the summer. :shock: I always have my hoodie to keep me dry, though. :D

How is Hoodoo? I hope he's doing well, too. Tyrus looks like he is ready to go in those pictures, poor guy. Praying for sun for him! :D Or you can just ship him down here. I'll make sure he gets out into the sun. hee hee hee :D

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It is soo much easier to get on him than the other kind I have. I just slip it over his head and very very carefully pull his arms through. It helps to keep one hand in front of him so he can't run through it. To get it off i just loosen it and he runs forward through it. I got this one off this site in the for sale section "dragon tamer lizard lead" is the name I think.

It was sunny all day here and as soon as I got it on him sun went away, just my luck lol hopefully tomorrow the sun will come to play again.

Hoodoo is good, all I can see of him at the moment is his tail. The rest of him is tucked into his log hide for the night. He gets sleepy early these days :|

If I shipped Tyrus to you he wouldn't want to come back! All those good wurmz and run around time. :mrgreen:

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I just went through this thread again and noticed I never posted a pic of our newest dog Haven, she was a rescue from a nearby reservation she is about 3 years old judging from how many litters she has had (3 littlers lol) :)

3d4cb4d9.jpg

She looks to be a husky Lab cross, very husky persnality wise. She loves to run and chase squirrels

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bw341606
Top Bottom