types of beardies??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorboy1392

Hatchling Member
ok so there are alot of posts on here about how how you have normal dragons, and hypo dragons, and translucents dragons, and and hypotransluscents dragons, and how dragons are __% het for a certain thing....but what does all that mean??

is it simply talking about different kinds of colors?? or is it bloodlines?? or what is it??

Frito

Hatchling Member
both, they are talking about genetics primarily. these genetics are what brings out certain colors etc. normals can carry and have these same genetics but because they are not selectively bread to bring out certain traits its a crap shoot and they general look the normal tan to brown color for the most part. the various color strains have been created by breeders by selectively breeding dragons that have more of a certain trait visible with other ones that also show that same color trait in effort to make the offspring have even more of the same color trait, obviously this has been quite successful and many different varieties now exist thanks to the excellent breeders out there doing their thing.

normal's often have orange to red coloring on them when they become adults, usually not as wide spread as the ones breeders have bred. i have one normal female that has an extremely orange colored beard and when shes warm and relaxed she also shows strong orange coloring down her sides and at the top of he legs as an example of a semi colorful normal :)

gatorboy1392

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok thanks :) i was just wondering cause i had no idea what all that meant but it gets talked about all the time so i wanted to know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom