Timing of last feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
I just recently got a baby bearded dragon and I have his girlfriend on the way, it has been a while since the last time I have had a baby so I've got a question for yall.

Because of my work, I have an unconventional sleeping schedule, so in turn so do my beardies. when they are babies, I feed them as much as they will eat 3 times a day, so I like to keep them on a 16 hour light schedule, from Noon to 4 AM. His fird feeding is typically around 2 PM , with his second being around 7 or 8 PM. I have always heard to give beardies 2 hours to bask to digest , so I give him his last feeding at 2 AM.

On certain nights a week, I dont return home till 230 ish, Would I still be safe to feed @ 2:30-2:50? I have seen senior members here saying to give an hour after eating to bask, if that is true it would make my life so much easier.

ruben0311

Juvie Member
you could just forego those feedings if it is really a concern for you. keep in mind the whole feed three times a day as much as they can eat is mainly to ensure that you fatten up your buddy so they can grow nice and big. Try just giving them a lighter 3rd meal on those days so they dont have as much to digest?

HKzForDayz

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
ruben0311":1f74tiw3 said:
you could just forego those feedings if it is really a concern for you. keep in mind the whole feed three times a day as much as they can eat is mainly to ensure that you fatten up your buddy so they can grow nice and big. Try just giving them a lighter 3rd meal on those days so they dont have as much to digest?

Well yes , I know, thats what I do when I cant make in home in time for the third meaning. What i was curious to, was if 2 hours was the right "rule of thumb" or if i was remembering correctly, it has been a few years since ive had a baby dragon , 4 to be exact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom