Tiggs & Blaze Babies (Last 4... pic's pg 137)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
I'm sure LB (Little Blaze) will love dubias he hammers the turks. :wink:
You found a pretty good deal on those dubias on CL, gratz. :)

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Barbara, I have to put my scheming on hold until at least Christmas break, if not 3-4 years from now :? . I've had one of those days where Lilly didn't even get fed :cry: . I figured I'd have plenty of time to feed her, but ended up spending most of the evening at immediate care to be told that my brother's finger is "probably not broken, but they'll have to send it to a real doctor to see for sure". Okay, those weren't the exact words, but close enough. Anyway, I'll let you know when (if) our contest scheme is a go :lol: .

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Trish I seen the pic's before you moved them in your photobucket album. :lol:
James did a really nice job...I like it!

Camera battery is in the charger right now because I'm hoping to have time tomorrow to get some new updated pic's of everyone...okay so as many as I can...maybe not everyone. :lol:

mojosmom

Barbara,

What beautiful beardies you have! Is that citrus beardie a female or male? Your babies are adorable! I actually just met Katrina a week ago and she told me about the board and her Fiona (what a sweet full-figured beadie). I wish that I had known about you before I purchased my baby (I do love him though) from the local reptile shop. He is a terrible eater (6 mos. old 13") of salads and such. Well, I will have to keep my eye on your for sale board. It would be fun to have a relative of Fiona's :D

Michelle

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Hello Michelle & Welcome to BD.org!

Thank-you very much. :D

I'm not sure exactly which baby your speaking of...forgive me there are alot to keep track of. :)
Is it one of the babies that I've already posted in the forsale threads or is it the baby that Katrina had asked about once before? I do have a few more that I need to add to the forsale thread...I meant to today but got busy with some stray dogs...I swear sometimes I think I'm wearing a neon sign that says, "come one come all Barbara will save us." :lol:

BTW...Michelle most of the babies will end up looking like their daddy if not more orange. :wink:

mojosmom

Oh thank you for the welcome! I was asking about the picture of the yellow/citrus adult that is in between the daddy pic and mommy pic..gorgeous beardie! All your babies are adorable. Can I ask you do you feed yours crickets and do you worry about pinworms? I just need to find a good source to ask questions and to raise me up to be a good beardie mom :D Honestly, Mojo (my beardie) is 6 mos. and is a little over 13" but after seeing Fiona, he's a midget. Please keep me posted on your babies as I might be in the market for another one in a month or so. I am originally from California, good thing I don't live there now because I might have to come snatch some babies :blob5:

One other question, what type of heat/uvb light do you use and to what temp. for 6 mo. I just like to compare what I am told, especially from someone that obviously knows what she's are doing. :D I do wrap him in a blanket at night (Katrina gave me that idea) and I think he likes it.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Your very welcome! :D
And thank-you for the compliment. :)

If you speaking of this pic...
DSC01586.jpg

That is daddy with his happy colors on. :mrgreen:
The first pic of him in this thread he's preparing for a shed so he looks dull.

I actually quit using crickets after I was told by Dr. Wentz that they were one of the main contributors to parasites(my big beardies won't eat them anyhow). However I think when you breed crickets yourself you're better able to control the issues with them by keeping the cricket enclosure clean of poop and dead crickets. I did have to start breeding my own in order to keep up with these babies. They cleaned out my roach colonies. Plus like Dawn(gulfbrzdawn) she lives in Florida where they can not get roaches. Crickets however are something that can be got anywhere. So not only due to the fact they cleaned out my roach colonies but so that they would be already accustom to the most popular feeder that many will end up using I started breeding my own again. I don't' like crickets an I do worry about the parasites but I keep my cricket enclosure very clean and clean them daily(hubby only wishes I kept the house as clean :lol: ) as well as my viv's(see poop clean poop if they didn't go in the bath). Since I am using crickets pumpkin is served more days a week than it was before as it is a natural parasitic and any little thing to help is good.

I have always used Mercury Vapor Bulbs(until this year)(Exo-terra Solar Glo is the one I've been using for about 3 years now before that I used the PowerSun) I know some don't care for this bulb but I've never had any problems with it unlike the PowerSun and it's output is comparable to the Mega-ray though it is suggested to change around 6 months rather than at a year. Which is okay too because being I don't have a UVB meter I change mine out sooner than that anyway. And they are cheaper so it really isn't costing me anymore for UVB's on all these vivs. Though I hear alot of good things about the T-Rex MVB and have thought of trying one but they are quite a bit more expensive(like about triple the cost...times 8 to 12 viv's :shock: )...I'd might as well go with the best the mega-ray if I'm going to change brands. However this year we set up a 6' viv with a divider wall for a couple of the baby viv's. It seemed like a good time to give a Reptisun 10.0 a try(I needed to know for myself how the different type bulb affected beardies). I must be honest I'm not disappointed with it :shock: like I thought I'd be. An as you see it didn't hamper the growth of these babies any like I thought it might. I guess this broke my mind set. :roll:

Being I'm in California during the Summer in my viv's with the MVB's I don't need any additional heat. If I need more heat in the Winter I just add an extra household bulb to the viv's with MVB's for during the day. All viv's get CHE's in the Winter for extra night-time heat because my old house doesn't have central heat and air so it does get below 65* at night. The large divided viv along with the Reptisun gets a tight beam halogen flood bulb (60watt worked for me) for additional heat and light during the day.

My adults prefer basking temps of about 97* to 102* if it's higher they won't bask. For the juvies(like the age of Mojo) they like it to be about 102* to 105*. For babies they tend to like it warmer but not above 109* to 110*.

mojosmom

He is GORGEOUS.....is he friendly? Well, I would want one of his babies for sure :blob5: How do you serve your pumpkin...Mojo is a terrible salad eater :( I want a salad eater like Fiona...would make mom very happy to have a beardie that enjoyed the salads that I make. I don't feed crickets, Mojo is on a kick for superworms and butterworms. He turns his nose up to roaches and silkworms (a little spoiled). I heard hormworms are a good feeder. As you can tell, I am a slave to my beardie :D

I can tell you that I did have problems with the Powersun100 and my beardies eyes. Thank you for the temps. Mojo doesn't like it hotter than 100-102.

Thanks for all the wonderful info. :D

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Is he friendly he is now...but he had some attitude while he was a juvie. :lol: He wasn't mean or anything just had attitude didn't want to be picked up but once you do he just snuggles. :lol: All bark and no bite!

All my beardies are friendly they get lots of handling an attention time...plus sense I'm home with them all day while everyone else is at work or school they get talked to alot. :wink:

If you can serve fresh shredded pumpkin it's probably best but not always available. I also use the Libby's canned pie filling.(not the ready to bake one the old fashion kind that you have to add everything to.) I place it on their salads but I also offer them a taste of it off my finger so they know what it is and that it's there. You can also dip other veggies in it and offer it that way. Squash is like the favorite veggie other than greens. BTW babies that are not offered veggies from the start often don't like them. So when you get one from a pet store they often will not eat salads...being that they usually just throw in a bunch of oversized crickets. You could try feeding the salad to Mojo as soon as he's warmed up in the morning and don't offer any bugs for an hour or so this might entice him to eat some of them. Beardies tend to be hungriest in the mornings.

Yes I had issues with the PowerSun 100watt too thank goodness I know my beardies and spend lots of time with them or I probably wouldn't have caught it so quickly.

As long as the basking spot is atleast 95* then they can digest their food. :wink:

ChellyBeans

Gray-bearded Member
Too bad I didn't meet you before.

Oh well. I could never replace my baby Phoenix. I don't think I have enough time for 2 beardies. UGH!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Dawn told me to come hijack your thread instead so....
What do you think about freezing babyfood? Would it work? And how long do you think I can freeze the pumpkin cubes? I thought about making my own thread, but figured everyone who knows anything is already at this thread :lol:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank-you jchance! :)

ChellyBeans two don't take that much more time than one but I guess that could be something expected to come from someone with as many as me. :lol: (Hummm...2 for me that would be like a vacation. :lol: )

Sara is Dawn not play right again? :p Or is it her ET sneaking onto the site again? :twisted:
That's okay we can play here in my yard. :lol:

I'm not sure how long it could be frozen for... :?: I'll have to go find out. :study: It's probably longer than it would take you to use up the cubes...for me anyway. I'd just freeze a cans worth at a time minus the couple of days worth that I'd not need to freeze. I'm going to freeze some myself today to see how it works out.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Sense Dawn is not letting us hijack her thread I'm posting an answer here that was asked over there.

Good Morning Jen!

A little about pumpkin....
Pumpkin is a natural parasitic...so as I see it it would be a helpful part of a beardies diet sense they are allowed to have it and it has good nutritional value as well. Any little thing that could help....doesn't mean that if you feed pumpkin you should skip fecal testing.

Pumpkin like anything else would be best if served fresh...however your not going to find it year round. So I also use the Libby's canned pumpkin. You want to use the one that doesn't already have spices added. You can hand feed some to your beardie, place it on their salads, or both. With fresh pumpkin you can just shred it onto their salads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom