This is what a bad case of MBD (2/24/2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
She definitely looks a lot better. Good for you and her...and curse those people who subjected her to that much abuse for that long :angry5:

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I was able to look yesterday and she either has no top teeth or they are somewhere in there, but I can't see anything. I did see she has 1 tooth on the bottom missing too. I have been feeding her the very small roaches and she loves them and eats alot. I tried repti worms, but for some reason she can't digest them, they come out whole. The roaches seem to get digested good tho. She will have another fecal done in a couple weeks for the pin worms, I am hoping they will be gone.

dom1959

thanks for being the person to get her along on her journey!

these stories help me cope with life, thanks for sharing!

TheGuvnor

Seriously mate.....high five for what you have done, and are doing for this dragon. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

ptthomasmrs

Thank you for rescuing and taking such good care of this sweet beardie. People can be so mean. It makes me sad. Keep us posted on her progress.

mhawk981

What a wonderful person you are, and bless your adorable little girl. Ours is a rescue as well and one does wonder how on Earth a person could do the things they do, although Nic's case was thankfully nothing near yours. But I do worry if her early life has something to do with why she won't come out of brumation and is having such problems with it. And you're certainly right with that calcium, love that stuff. Our pharmacist made Nic's chicken flavored.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She is looking good, with great colors. Is she lifting herself up off of the floor much yet?
At least she is able to digest the roaches then. Is she chewing them up pretty well too?
Keep up the great work with her, she is slowly recovering. She looks very sweet in her
little blankie, too. :love5:

Tracie

widustman

Shes looks like she is getting there and making good progress! Keep up the good work, she is lucky to have someone care for her so well!

Bwalter

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She seems to chew the roaches up pretty well, I give her 1 at a time and make sure she chews them before I give her another one. She can lift herself up on the back legs good but only for a few minutes at a time. Not yet on the fronts, I did see her once on one front foot but only for a second. She was super active today and ran/scooted or what ever you call it all over the couch and in her tank today. She is starting to get cuddles but I still watch so I don't hurt her in any way. She is so spoiled, I have to wrap her up in her binkie and rub her head for her to go to sleep.

ShelbyLu

Hatchling Member
She is so pretty! I just love the orange around her pretty eyes and in her beard. I'm so thankful you took her in. <3

Every day I search online to make sure there isnt a severely neglected dragon needing someone who can provide special care. Good job!

Shelby

Aitziber

Oh my gosh! I have never seen any animal that skinny! Must have been a happy day when she ended up in your care. So happy she made such a great recovery! I'll keep looking for more pictures!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom