The wonderful tale of Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Some of you remember me, and know that I haven't been on here for a long time. I have decided to start a thread about Puff. I have started one before, and then it fizzled out. So here is Puff's story!!

My brother moved out almost a year ago, he brought the family dog with him. Well I guess it wasn't the family dog for a long time. When we got Tug, I was only in preschool and my brother was about my age now. Tug bonded with him, and even as much as Tug loves me he is not "my" dog... I convinced my mom I wanted a pet. She doesn't like hamsters, etc. and we didn't want a dog or cat. So I was going to get a snake, until my dad found a type of reptile. A bearded dragon. I decided on the dragon, a great decision on my part!

My mom found one on Craigslist and right after school we went to pick him up. The research that I had done before did not match anything for what this guy was doing for Puff (Formerly known as Sea-hawk..:/) Puff was a pet-smart baby and this guy fed him one leafy green every few days and 3 crickets once a week. Puff at that time was believed to be 8 months old. His growth severely stunted.

When I brought Puff home I made his life better, although it wasn't hard to do that. He grew three inches and I loved him!

Puff has been with me over a year now. And I hope many more!!

*Pictures will be added soon!

_Haley :)

lilgreeneyes

Juvie Member
Oh my goodness that poor baby only being fed one leafy green and 3 crickets once a week :(

That is wonderful that you were able to rescue him and give him a good life. :)

I look forward to seeing pics of Puff.

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Hello,
I know, his diet was unacceptable! He is a little bit on the shorter side! :)

I will post pictures soon.

~Haley

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Picture time! These pictures are the ones taken with my old camera. I will find time to upload the pictures taken with my DSLR! :)

He wasn't enjoying his bath.. I am doing this as a test run. And I have to go to a birthday dinner so this is all I will post..
DSCN4986.jpg

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Ok... Maybe a few more.. ;)

Here is him enjoying the rare sun... ;)

DSCN4948.jpg

DSCN4947.jpg

Him posing on my comforter :)

DSCN4942.jpg

"What you looking at Willis??" :p

DSCN4941.jpg

NEROtheMONSTER

Sub-Adult Member
That diet the person was giving him is like torture.I'm glad you rescued such a cute beardie :) .My beardie still eats around 100 crix and his whole salad.He is so expensive,but so worth it. :roll:

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I know, they are such great pets. Puff just went to bed for the night and didn't look happy that his light was on still. Usually he still awake at 10:30.. ;)

~Haley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom