The uvb lighting help please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhubbs23

Hey guys !! So I have a 20 gallon tank , with a 3 month old bearded dragon. He's my first and I love him or her. His temp reading is about 99.1 in his basking spot but his lamp is so big that I can't fit his ubv light under his basking spot . My question is.. Is it okay if his ubv light is on the other side of his cage ? He dosent spent a lot of time under the uvb light and I'm afraid he is not getting enough of it . Help would be great

Jhubbs23

Original Poster
Night light and day light on the right and the ubv light is on the left. Let me know if you need one more

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I really like all the branches and hides you have in there, that's great! For the lighting, I suggest taking out that double dome fixture and replacing it with a single dome housing your basking light. The red light you have isn't good as a night or day light so I'd eliminate that completely. The red light can be disorienting and disturb their sleep. If the temperatures in the enclosure drop below 65 at night you could use a low wattage ceramic heat emitter, otherwise I'd just switch to a single dome that will provide for some extra room for your UVB light over on the basking side. Another thing you could do to add room is put the basking light on an adjustable lamp stand. That will let you raise it up a bit and give more room for the UVB fixture. If you do that just be sure the temps stay 100-110 in the basking area, you may need to move to a more powerful bulb if you move it further away - that all comes down to temperature readings.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your tank looks really nice with the branches/grapevine, he must love that!
I agree, if you switched to a single fluorescent tube fixture that would free up some space so you could place it beside the basking light.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom