the tough love approach

Status
Not open for further replies.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
wckdbtch":3v59q1je said:
That sounds familiar. After moving their furniture around last night, Angie showed her complete displeasure with my arrangement:

haha thats brilliant! :laughhard:

terri when she was little 'pushing' her salad bowl away "Mam, this salad bowl does not belong in here, its stressing me out"
180835_487648390527_583850527_6468825_968523_n.jpg

Terri and her iron jaws after i tried to feed her a leaf- it stayed there for about 10 mins before it fell out!
261865_10150237733510528_583850527_7615368_1197909_n.jpg

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
LOL Are they not just the little dickens!

A while back I did a leaf like that to Razzle...I would *not* leave him alone about it. Finally pushed a little bit of stem in the side of his mouth and he opened and took a part of it in his mouth! Yay! I was doing the happy dance, woo hooing...you know all that jazz.

Next thing I see is~~~~I swear a twinkle in his little beardie eye~~~~~~then...SPIT! Just spit that thing out, promptly turning his back to me and all the while I was getting the good ole stink eye. Hmph. Oh well, my son was watching the whole thing so at least ONE of us got a good laugh out of it.

They are devious little critters when they want to be!

:D
Sherri

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
OH, and I love the pics! Guess she did not leave a tip? :mrgreen:

catUK":2j91ljs9 said:
wckdbtch":2j91ljs9 said:
That sounds familiar. After moving their furniture around last night, Angie showed her complete displeasure with my arrangement:

haha thats brilliant! :laughhard:

terri when she was little 'pushing' her salad bowl away "Mam, this salad bowl does not belong in here, its stressing me out"
180835_487648390527_583850527_6468825_968523_n.jpg

Terri and her iron jaws after i tried to feed her a leaf- it stayed there for about 10 mins before it fell out!
261865_10150237733510528_583850527_7615368_1197909_n.jpg

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Sherri":oyus1vrb said:
LOL Are they not just the little dickens!

A while back I did a leaf like that to Razzle...I would *not* leave him alone about it. Finally pushed a little bit of stem in the side of his mouth and he opened and took a part of it in his mouth! Yay! I was doing the happy dance, woo hooing...you know all that jazz.

Next thing I see is~~~~I swear a twinkle in his little beardie eye~~~~~~then...SPIT! Just spit that thing out, promptly turning his back to me and all the while I was getting the good ole stink eye. Hmph. Oh well, my son was watching the whole thing so at least ONE of us got a good laugh out of it.

They are devious little critters when they want to be!

:D
Sherri

hahahahaha we've got to give them more credit than we do- they certainly have their own minds!

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Bee won't touch his salad either. I dress it up so nicely and he either poops in it or runs through it. Stubborn. I do catch him eating crispy dried out salad though sometimes. idk why that is... *sigh* He just started eating feeders again though so I'm scared to take them away.

saladstacker.jpg

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
haha SoleSky, great pic. Yeah i was worried taking the feeders away would mean she wouldn't go back on them as she's picky in general. After nearly 3 weeks she didn't eat any salad and I've gave in on the tough love approach. On a plus note, i have finally managed a way to get her to drink water, so at least somethings happened!

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Goodie :). Yeah Bee went a long time without eating feeders and the nice people on this forum told me to have him drink water from a syringe. He's been eating great and already gained 20 grams :D

MissT

BD.org Addict
Huff found his way to his salad bowl today, ALL BY HIMSELF!!!!! YAY!!! He did only take 2 pieces but thats a lot more than he has been taking.... I didnt cut him off completely from live feeders (because he is so small!) but I cut his usual intake in half and it worked! HOORAY! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
WOW i ma SO glad i saw this post. Im going throuh the same thing BlueBelle...she is 4 going on 5 months and when i have orced squahs in her mouth, she loves, opens her mouth for more. but i dont wanna make a habit of that, b/c then im thinking, crap, i just started a trend that i cant keep up with. SO, while i was gone on vacation, my fiance wasnt able to feed her live prey as much as i normally would have, and he said she was chowing down on her salad. So, ofcourse, i get back, and what happens? "MOM'S HOME! not gonna eat my salad!"....i SWEAR they know...im so convinced of this! ha!
arg. SO, i know she is getting back into me being home, and the new/old feeding schedule, she is sensitive to change and so ofcoure it just has to ride out and let her adjust to me being back and allllllllllll that what not stuff.
Im thinking of just stopping her small superworms (since i started her those she has NO interest in crix anymore) and doing the tough love challenge. she is filling out so wonderfully, and is a very strong, healthy (god i hope) beardie...so i imagine a week without supers and just salad is going to have to do. Her salad is a mix of collards and squash, but i may throw some raspberries in there or blackberries, maybe some fruit baby food on top? try try try is all i can do. This has been a great thread, i have learned and taken something positive away from each post. GOOD LUCK ALL!!!!!!!

MissT

BD.org Addict
At 4-5 months I wouldnt be TOOOOO concerned about her not eating her salad. Just keep offering it and finding ways to tempt her to eat it but she still needs to get her protein every day as she is a growing girl! Perhaps dont offer any protein until later in the day - she will be hungry and might venture to the salad bowl!

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
You read my mind :)
I have been doing the salad in the AM till evening with no feeders. I know she is young and not going to show much interest in her salad, it just killsme she was eating it so well while i was gone and now nothing, i think that is what really got to me.
My repti worm shipment is on its way, so im gonna throw some of those in her salad and see what she thinks. I know she will come around, and i DO have to keep reminding myself that she IS young....so THANK YOU for putting that back in my head!!!! :D
Em and Blue Belle

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
MissT":2qm5xuyz said:
Huff found his way to his salad bowl today, ALL BY HIMSELF!!!!! YAY!!! He did only take 2 pieces but thats a lot more than he has been taking.... I didnt cut him off completely from live feeders (because he is so small!) but I cut his usual intake in half and it worked! HOORAY! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

CONGRATULATIONS!! :blob5: I envy you lol, still nothing from my Terri, i even put rose petals in and she had a few licks then closed her eyes :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuexedulichthailan
Top Bottom