The story of Kai and Widget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok well i've decided to make one of these blog like things so i can share my new beardie Kai to the world and to watch him grow! :blob8: I bought Kai from a local pet store near by to where i live, i know they didnt really care much for their beardies and had a terrible set up with about 20 babies all crammed in there. The guy at the shop said that Kai was about 2.5 months old, i was planning on getting another bearded dragon as the one i had previously passed away due to the incorrect information and so on, this time round however i had done my homework ( mostly learning from hours and hours on this site :lol: ), anyways so i wasnt quite ready to bring Kai home but just could not resist buying him the first time we met so yea :blob5: . Kai is roughly 17.5cm (6.8 inchs), hoping he will start to grow a lot more soon though :D anyways let me stop rambling on and get to it with the pictures :mrgreen:

Kaimaster

Original Poster
IMG_5242_zps5cb871f6.jpg

IMG_5234_zpscafdd984.jpg

IMG_5231_zpsd8360cc4.jpg

IMG_5226_zpscb35d36a.jpg

Kaimaster

Original Poster
well Kai officially started shedding today :p gave him a bath this morning haha, had finished his head by this evening already and now has a big piece of skin on the top of his back coming off, my friend says it looked like he was wearing a scarf lol :lol: i could see it was irritating him and he was going crazy on his basking spot, puffing out his beard and trying to stretch, so i decided to give him another bath which i think helped a bit.

Kaimaster

Original Poster
hey guys, thought id just pop in and tell you all how kais been doing, he seems happy and healthy, still abit skittish though haha runs around like mad in his cage when i try to pick him up,so been trying to slowly work that out with him :) . Another thing is that the past few days hes been window surfing alooot :?: and scratching at the sides of his viv, not too sure what it is thats bugging him.
Will have to snap some new pics for you guys and upload them soon :mrgreen:

Kaimaster

Original Poster
Hey guys :D so Kai is doing well, i could seriously just sit and watch him all day but i think it would creep him out abit :lol:, i have a few new pics to show you all that i took with my phone recently :)

20140417_124142_zpsfbb00cb9.jpg

20140421_133109_zpse933f1d1.jpg

Paint me like one of your french girls ? :lol:

IMG_20140421_194911_zpseff2e05f.jpg

Screenshot_2014-04-24-06-32-41_zps085b4eda.png

haha shame in this one hes still half asleep,took it as i woke him up this morning :oops:

and yea thats about it for now :mrgreen: hope you guys enjoy these

Kaimaster

Original Poster
So just wanted to put up a little update on Kai ! :D He is really settling in right about now and doing very well, hes finally eating properly and reaching about 40 to 50 crickets on some days :mrgreen: which im happy about as he wasnt much of an eater at the start haha he sure is starting to grow quite the bellie :lol: , he's also a lot more relaxed about me rubbing him and picking him up, although i think he only tolerates it sometimes because he knows its his only chance of getting out to the window :lol: . I've been pretty busy at varsity at the moment so unfortunately havnt had much time to take some nice pics, will def have to start snapping a few :blob8:

Kyle

Kaimaster

Original Poster
What is up everyone ! :D :blob8:

Haha soo it has indeed been a while since my last post and i've decided it's been too long.
Thought id post up some pics of Kai :mrgreen:

20140502_133726_zpsb3cd1fde.jpg

20140502_133722_zps2e54d7dc.jpg

Then when he starts to get abit bigger:
20140523_142817_zps7ada766d.jpg

Kais fav spot in the world haha :
20140523_142744_zps0a2ed25e.jpg

A lot more growth :D :
20140611_153240_zps46337cda.jpg

1402138913240_zps461e2ca6.jpg

lil fatty :
20140611_153254_zps8bec9cbe.jpg

20140516_152109_zpsbfe1d0dc.jpg

20140516_152217_zps9cb12441.jpg

and heres a few of him on his log so you all can get idea of just how much he has grown from the first few pics:
20140516_151711_zpsa647a6f9.jpg

20140516_151700_zps866ee5de.jpg

SO yeah! :lol: :mrgreen: i know its a bit of an overload, but thought id make up for lost time haha

Kaimaster

Original Poster
Hey guys :D hope everyone is doing well! :p It sure has been a while since I've been on, Kai is doing really well and getting bigger everyday it seems like. I unfortunately don't have any new pics as my phone was stolen a few weeks ago, should be getting a new one tmro tho so will take a few just so you guys can see how he's grown :D :blob8:

Kyle

Kaimaster

Original Poster
P.S I've also added a new member to the family :D :D :blob5: I got a baby leopard gecko about 3 days ago, im just calling it a she for now because im not too sure on its gender at this point but I'm guessing she cant be more then a month, shes tiny :oops: :shock: but things are going really well so far, been doing tons of research and shes already eating which im really happy about :D so will also put up some pics of her if i get the chance :D
:mrgreen:

Kaimaster

Original Poster
Hey all
So it's been a while again!! :silent:
Internet been down on my computer for a while now :cry:
Couldn't help smiling when I see pics of how small Jai used to be, he's grown so so much, he's currently around 44 cm and weighs around 370g :D
Will try get some pics up ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom