The Newbies Guide on What To Buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It actually depends on the distance to the basking spot. If it's within the 6 to 8" range then you're better off with the Repti-Sun 10.0 tube. But if you have 12" or so to the basking spot, then you could go with the HO bulb as they have a higher UV output.

icelore

Juvie Member
This is really nice. I wish it had been around when I was trying to figure out all I needed! Definitely would have saved multiple shopping trips.

In the lighting section, I think it would be a good idea to mention about the time frame of replacement. Tuning on =/= good UV output. A lot of people overlook that I think.

Creeps

diamc":3508kw9d said:
It actually depends on the distance to the basking spot. If it's within the 6 to 8" range then you're better off with the Repti-Sun 10.0 tube. But if you have 12" or so to the basking spot, then you could go with the HO bulb as they have a higher UV output.

Thanks! It's a little more than 8" so i'll try the HO one.......why would that be $15 cheaper??

jcave89

I have not read through the thank you pages, but i'm sure you have many thanks! This was so incredibly helpful! I don't have my beardie YET, I have my lights and picking up for 40g B Wednesday (for $35 on CL! YES!) and because of your posts a very complete list to finish the rest of my shopping! Thanks again!

(I'm OCD in every other aspect of my life...so that extra bit geared towards that was fantasic! LOL those items are on my list now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom