The Life and Times of Naughtica Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Well I am not trying to pull a christina here or anything, but my camera is dead and I can't find the charger!!

I am looking for it though, and to make up for the lack of pictures, I figured I would record Naughticas bath tonight. Videos are better than pictures.... right? :mrgreen:

-Brandon

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
claudiusx":3col3dd6 said:
Well I am not trying to pull a christina here or anything, but my camera is dead and I can't find the charger!!

I am looking for it though, and to make up for the lack of pictures, I figured I would record Naughticas bath tonight. Videos are better than pictures.... right? :mrgreen:

-Brandon

For a second I thought I was on Christina's thread! :shock:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Ok ok!

Finally some new pictures of Naughtica.

SANY0789.jpg

SANY0790.jpg

I did record her swimming around the bath, but I will have to upload that tomorrow.

Shame though, she did the trying to swim in a tub with no water in it again, but I had already put the camera away!! :x Oh well, there is always next time!

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
I really wish I would have got it. Maybe I will give her a bath tomorrow again just to get a video of her doing it :mrgreen:

-Brandon

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Awwww, that was adorable. He did good eating out of your hand although it looked like he wanted to take the easy way out and eat it off the floor. :lol:

Was that Naughtica behind him?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Calcifer is a girl (check out her thread in the uro section if you haven't yet! :mrgreen: )

And yes, that was Naughtica in the background. Thats why I posted it here, even though she wasn't the star of the video, she tried her hardest to get the attention lol!

Something funny happened that wasn't on film. After I stopped recording, I kept feeding Calcifer, and Naughtica ran to her bowl of salad and glared at Calcifer. Everytime Calcifer would take a bite of salad, Naughtica would quickly jolt her head to her bowl, pick up one leaf, eat it, then turn her head and start glaring at Calcifer again.

It was a very funny sight haha.

After I put Calcifer back in her tank, Naughtica ran to her basking platform, and stood up proud with her head up in the air. Totally with the look of "Yeah... I defended my territory!"
:laughing6:

-Brandon

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I could just visualize all of that, you explained it so well. :lol: Wow, Naughtica is very active, that's great. Yes, she has to protect her territory. They are both so awesome & cute and can we say "spoiled"?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Oh definitely.

It seems like Naughtica is the top dog of the house, or maybe she as seen as more bark than bite heehee.

I found it funny how Calcifer wasn't afraid of Naughtica at all, and actually kept getting closer to the tank even with Naughtica going wild. Kiki does the exact same thing of getting closer to the tank, its like they purposely try to annoy Naughtica lol.

-Brandon

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah, and Naughtica knows it too! She looks like quite the feisty girl. :p

I noticed her nails were a little long, does she give you "attitude" when you try to trim them?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Whose nails, Calcifers or Naughticas?

Anyways, both of their nails are long. Awhile ago I was trying to get up the nerve to cut Naughticas, especially her one toe that is bent sideways, the nail is really long. But I never was able to because I wasn't able to see the vein clearly, and it looked like it honestly ran the whole length of her nail, so I didn't want to risk it.

As for Calcifer.... Well, I don't even dream of doing that. She doesn't even like being held really, she was just behaving for the camera today lol.

-Brandon

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I meant Naughtica's nails. I know that some of them handle the nail clipping better than others. Would you just be able to cut the very tip of her nail and take a closer look at it then to see if you can see the quick better? As active as she is, it's surprising that she hasn't worn them down herself. :mrgreen:

Calcifer had me fooled, she looked like she was quite tame & friendly.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
I can try cutting off a tiny tiny bit. I would be too scared to cut off anything more than a sliver in fear of hurting her, but I do agree, she needs a trim. There was a big discussion on trimming her nails way earlier on in this thread, people trying to teach me how to do it and me posting pictures of her nails for help and guidance, but in the end, nothing was able to be done :|

I can sure give it a shot tomorrow though.

And Calcifer has been getting more tame then when I got her. It's only taken 3 years to get her to the point where she isn't really afraid of me. She just doesn't like being picked up. She will try to run off your hand, will whip her tail (it has some weight to it!) and scratch scratch scratch trying to get away. She can be calmed down after a minute of futile attempts to get out of my hands, but she much prefers to be on the floor, untouched and exploring, or eating! :laughing6:

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom