The Life and Times of Naughtica Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
This is Naughtica Ann's personal thread. She is long over do for her own thread and its about time she gets one I think!

First off some history, Skip this is you just want pictures lol.

I got naughtica about 3 years ago, she was 1 at the time so she is about 4 years old now. I got her from the owner of a petstore I go to who didn't want her anymore. Naughtica has babies out there in the world... somewhere lol. She was bred with one of my male breeders when she was 2 years old. For her first clutch, she laied 14 eggs, and all but 2 hatched due to mold. She has never had another clutch since then, and I have never bred her since then. She is now my only Bearded dragon. After I sold off my last dragon, Spyro, Naughticas mate, I decided I just want a pet from now on. So she is my keeper :mrgreen:

She hasn't always been the healthiest of dragons, but I have nursed her back to health a few times. Finally, this time, she has been a bit more sick than usual and I'm currently giving her reptaid. She has only been on it one day. She has lost a lot of weight and that is worrysome to me, thats why I am hoping that the reptaid will work for her.

Anyways.... End of history lesson, start of some pictures!!

SANY0019.jpg

The above picture of her is from last night, I was weighing her for the first time so I would know how much reptaid to dose her with. She came out at a very scary 210 grams :cry: But, that didn't get her down, she always puts on a happy face when I get around her, as you can see in the picture. She looked like she liked getting her picture taken :mrgreen: Yes, her head is in quite the shed heehee.

SANY0040.jpg

The above is her telling me she wants back in her warm tank lol.

SANY0042.jpg

And the above is her REALLLLLLY telling me she wants back in her tank lol.

What are everyones opinion on her one nail that goes to the side. She must have had slight MBD when the old owner had her, and I took her into the vet and the vet for some reason thought it happened recently and said it would grow back straight.... Of course I didn't believe him because he wouldn't listen to me, but I am curious on what you guys think about it.

-Brandon

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Naughtica is a very pretty girl! I'm sorry that she's been sick, she really is beautiful. Why did you name her Naughtica, just curious?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
A movie I used to like, had a female character named Naussica ( I believe how that is spelled) and I really liked how it sounded but didn't want exactly that name, so I gave her the name Naughtica. The Ann in her name is because all females in my family have the middle name of Ann lol. Plus I thought it sounded cute for her :mrgreen:

-Brandon

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
claudiusx":36q5kdee said:
A movie I used to like, had a female character named Naussica ( I believe how that is spelled) and I really liked how it sounded but didn't want exactly that name, so I gave her the name Naughtica. The Ann in her name is because all females in my family have the middle name of Ann lol. Plus I thought it sounded cute for her :mrgreen:

-Brandon
That's cool. I really like the name a lot. :D

MissT

BD.org Addict
Poor Naughtica has an itchy head :( but she is still smiling for the camera (I told you pics would make her happy!) I hope the reptaid makes her feel better! Does she eat much?
what is it with girls and their vivs? Phoebe won't spend anymore than 10 mins out of hers at a time.
Not sure about the nail- probably an old injury tho- Kazis nails are all bent on his 'little' foot which was chomped on when he was a baby so perhaps it's something like that?

Il be back to say more later- I'm on my phone and eating dinner :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
At the moment, she isn't eating much of her salad, but she will chomp down the superworms, I just haven't been giving her more than maybe 5 a day because I don't want it to be too hard on her liver, especially at 4 years old. I would try dubia but my dubia colony recently got desecrated and I am letting it build back up.

She seems healthy besides the fact that she is so skinny. She keeps her head help up when she is laying down or basking, she doesn't look lethargic, she doesn't act like she is low on energy, she is just trying to scare me probably :|

-Brandon

MissT

BD.org Addict
As they do! Hehe! You could try some oxbow critical care- that is Kazi's salad at moment and helped him gain over 100g in 4 weeks! There I go, talking about kazi again lol!

Now, more pics!!!!!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
No go ahead Christina. Any knowledge is welcome and I know you have a lot of it because of poor Kazi. I love Kazi he is very welcome to be mentioned on this thread! :mrgreen:

Here is Naughtica, Looking like Queen kong... She doesn't look too skinny from this angle, and she was definitely working it for the camera here!
SANY0058.jpg

I think its going to be bath time for her pretty soon. Hopefully I can get her tank cleaned while shes in her after bath burrito. I bought a Steamer yesterday that I HOPE will work for cleaning her cage, mainly killing off any bacteria or worse, parasites :silent:

-Brandon

MissT

BD.org Addict
Thank you for allowing Kazi's presence- he's been through too many different illnesses!! Hopefully he won't have to have any more meds tho- I'm considering getting the reptaid so do keep us posted on how it works out!

O that's a proper little pose hehe! Better not show it to my boys! Lol!

Steamers are great- They clean dirt you weren't even aware of and so much quicker than bleaching etc!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Yeah, the problem is ( i don't know if its a problem) its a steamer for clothes, will this still work? I would assume yes, but i'm not sure. I really want to keep her cage clean, I will be steaming it every day just in case she does have some parasites, and the reptaid is able to kill them off, I don't want her to get re infected.
Of course I should see a vet to check for the parasites, but I really want to see if this reptaid works first, I've heard some good things about it.

-Brandon

MissT

BD.org Addict
Mine is just a hand steamer. It can be used for clothes but I have to add an attachment for that but I would assume it's going to be fine- it's still producing steam :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Yeah, thats what I assumed. Thanks Christina. The steamer is going to have its maiden voyage pretty soon lol. And boy will it be a voyage. I will steam over the steam and steam and steam some more lol.

-Brandon

MissT

BD.org Addict
Haha I've been doing that! I steamed Kazis viv 3 times the day I found out he had coccidia, just incase I missed a bit and since then, every time he goes potty I steam everything twice! Still, it's much quicker than bleach, rinse, bleach, rinse, bleach, rinse, air!!!

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
I love her expressive eyes and orange beard. It is so hard not to worry especially when they don't eat noah jr barely ate for 3 weeks he was so skinny then boom he started eating like a pig and has a huge round belly for a little guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom