The adventures of Daisy, Loki, Rocket, and Phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a thread all about Cisco, Thor, Daisy, and Gizmo. I'll try to post lots of updates on my beardies (and my gecko too) View media item 60434 Cisco enjoyed the sun yesterday. :D Also today is my one year anniversary with Cisco! :blob5: and Cisco was my first beardie so it's also my one year of keeping reptiles too!! :blob5:

More pictures coming soon.

-HippieLizards.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Lol, Thanks. :) and It seems that Thor is everyone's favourite here. :lol: Lol, I have a superstar in my home!! :mrgreen: :lol: :roll:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
When I was a little kid, I used to stick my tongue out like that when someone tried to take my picture. :lol:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lol, same here. Now I guess my dragon does it too. Lol. :lol:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I Guess today is reptile cleaning day Lol. I cleaned out the beardies tanks, The dubia colony, the superworm colony, and upgraded Gizmo to a new tank (pictures coming soon). :)

Also while I was cleaning out the superworms Cisco started head bobbing at Daisy, and then Daisy started head bobbing back at her like crazy! :eek: I've never seen Daisy head bob before. :eek: She's typically so mellow.

and Cisco can jump.. and I mean JUMP! I was feeding her some superworms and when she saw them dangling at the top of the cage she zoomed out of her hide box at lightning speed and leaped probably a foot in the air and ate the superworm.. and She hit it with such force that she actually got my finger too! :shock:

Also unfortunately Thor hasn't been doing very well. :( He's been a bit lethargic and wasn't his normal happy energetic self. He mainly just hid in his blanket and kept his eyes closed all day. :(

He did eat some mustard greens today but when he saw Cisco he didn't bob at her. :eek: Very strange behaviour from him. :(

Also Loki has been CRAZY! He's been bobbing at nothing for no apparent reason, He's been having a constant black beard and I even saw him attempting to mate with his plant this morning. :roll:

I'll be so happy once spring/breeding season is over. :banghead: :?

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Ya gotta love spring. :blob5: :blob8: It all sounds like normal hormonal craziness to me, and most beardies do go nuts over superworms, although not all of them can jump that high. Hopefully, Thor just had an off day, and will be back to "normal" soon (whatever that is for him). :?

NuJohn321

Oh my gosh that sounds a bit crazy, I was just thinking of Thor and came to the post, I hope he's just having an off day as well.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thankfully Thor was much better today. :) I Actually just came back in from letting him free roam outside. Although one problem now is that is right nostril is clogged I think from both shedding and a scab/dried blood. :(

Last night I had him out and noticed that his nostril looked clogged from what looked like a scab.. So I gently rubbed it hoping it was just food or something and it tuned out to be a scab.. So His nose/area around nostril started bleeding for about two minutes and Thankfully I got it to stop bleeding and Put some raw unpasteurised honey on the scabs and his leg.

He Immediately became very happy and normal again once he found out that there was honey on him and started licking it up off of him. :roll: So I gave him a treat by just giving him a little bit of honey. and That made his day. :love5:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
He's been doing a tiny bit better but he's still sickly acting unfortunately. :(

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Nostril sheds can be a little scary the first time you see one -- "Shrek boogers," I've heard them called. The skin comes off all the way up inside the nostril, so there's this little plug. They usually manage to rub them out, but they don't usually bleed if all goes well. Hopefully he's healed up and doing better by now.

The first time I saw one I thought our beardie had some sort of a little blister around his nostril, but then I realized what it probably must be. I took a look at it through a magnifying glass, and the beardie took a good look at me through the other side of the glass, and did a sort of double-take and gave me this look like, "Hey! how come you got bigger?"

As I recall, it took a couple of days for the shed to come all the way out. Our beardie has gotten really good at sloppy, asymmetrical, piecemeal, one-scale-at-a-time, take-forever sheds. :roll:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lol, Yep.. My beardies take FOREVER to shed and I did manage to get both nostril caps out eventually. :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I Took Thor to the vet this morning.. and it didn't go very well.

The vet said that he was in a very critical condition and it was most likely that his kidneys and other organs were shutting down.. He also went from 230 grams down to 120 grams.. He was very unresponsive and The vet said that he was already dying.. So we opted to put him down... :cry: :cry: :cry: He will be buried soon. :cry: Needless to say, He was my favourite pet. :( I Loved him so much..

I tried my best to save him, We could've tried treating him but the vet said that there still wasn't a very good chance for him and he was most likely to die within the next week or so.. So I ended his suffering. :(

It was a really hard decision and the vet was someone whom I trust.. and He said that there wasn't much hope. :cry:

Thank you everyone who tried to help.. It was greatly appreciated. :)
Fly high sweet Thor! :) You will always hold a special place in my heart. :love5:

Here's a few of his best pics (More coming soon): View media item 60893 View media item 60859 View media item 60626 View media item 60835 View media item 60769 View media item 61076 View media item 61147 View media item 60388 View media item 60376 View media item 60816 View media item 60713 View media item 60926 View media item 60940 View media item 61109 View media item 61060 View media item 61020 View media item 61016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom