The adventures of Daisy, Loki, Rocket, and Phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a thread all about Cisco, Thor, Daisy, and Gizmo. I'll try to post lots of updates on my beardies (and my gecko too) View media item 60434 Cisco enjoyed the sun yesterday. :D Also today is my one year anniversary with Cisco! :blob5: and Cisco was my first beardie so it's also my one year of keeping reptiles too!! :blob5:

More pictures coming soon.

-HippieLizards.

DMF

I love all of your dragons I can't wait until mine grows up and I can actually let her roam more then I am now :p

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Thor is not the only beardie on this website to have a thing about heat vents, and Broly is not the only one to have a thing about windows -- and aren't they just so good at guilt tripping their human slaves when we pick them up and put them in a safer place to keep them from overheating. :roll:

Crookshanks is beautiful. (I'm guessing you named her after Hermione's cat in "Harry Potter"?) She does look very sweet but she also looks like her fur is going to need a lot of brushing from her new human slave. :wink:

And don't be in too big of a hurry for your little beardie to grow up, DMF. As long as you take good care of him(her?), and if all goes well, it will happen before you know it, and all too fast...

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Thanks DMF. :) I Hope your beardie grows up soon too.

I Did name Crookshanks after hermiones cat (I'm a huge Harry Potter fan). I Do need to stop by the petstore and pick up some things for her and return Daisy's heat bulb (I Accidentaly dropped daisy's heat bulb on my foot and it stopped working). :x

Crookshanks was picked up by a rescue (where I got her) and She was found starving and abandoned. She has been rehabilitated. But I also think she might have a URI so I'm going to take her to the vet soon. The spot of bare skin was where she had a ton of mats and needed to have it shaved off by the rescue. It seems to be growing back already. :)

Unfortunately Daisy isn't taking the absence of a heat bulb very well. :( She has been hiding all the time and her eyes are sunken in. :( I Have put a CHE up there but it's not working well. I Have her on the heat vents that Thor was on so she can warm up.

I'll let y'all know know how Daisy's doing.

-HippieLizards.

DMF

Was the lamp on or off? If it was on that would hurt bad :shock: ! I hope you can get that light soon. :blob5:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Unfortunately it was on. But thankfully the dome around the bulb saved me from getting burnt really bad.

DMF

HippieLizards":1goisc2m said:
Unfortunately it was on. But thankfully the dome around the bulb saved me from getting burnt really bad.
Make sure to pray to your lord and savior dome to spare you again :mrgreen:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
You could also use mammalian body heat to keep her warm until you get another lamp -- in other words, cuddle her (if she'll tolerate it).

DMF

What kind of lights do you use? I have recently learned that I need better ones and you seem like a pretty trusty source HippieLizards! :wink:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
SHBailey":2nnc44hx said:
You could also use mammalian body heat to keep her warm until you get another lamp -- in other words, cuddle her (if she'll tolerate it).
Yes, I did cuddle her all day long to keep her warm. She loves being cuddled. :) She got a replacement bulb and is back to normal.

DMF, I Use a Zoo-Med repti- basking spot bulb (100W) and Right now for the UVB I'm using a Exo-terra repti-glo 10.0 T8 bulb. I'm soon going to try to switch to a Reptisun 10.0 T5 bulb soon for all my beardies.

-HippieLizards.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Glad to hear she's got all her lamps back in place again. :D ...and that's good that she enjoys cuddling -- nice easy backup way to keep her warm in case of a power outage. :wink:

Most agree that the Zoo Med Reptisun 10.0 T5 HO (High Output) fluorescent tubes are one of the best ways to do UVB. They come in a number of different sizes too, so you should be able to get one to fit your setup. We've been using those for our beardie for a little over a year now (T8s before that), with no apparent problems. He seems to like his "pretty color" -- often lines his body up where he knows it's going to go when I put him back in his tank, even before I get the lid back on and the lamp back in place.

DMF

HippieLizards":2rt5vmk1 said:
DMF, I Use a Zoo-Med repti- basking spot bulb (150W) and Right now for the UVB I'm using a Exo-terra repti-glo 10.0 T8 bulb. I'm soon going to try to switch to a Reptisun 10.0 T5 bulb soon for all my beardies.

-HippieLizards.
Thanks for the information!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
You're welcome. :)

UPDATE: Tillery/Crookshanks' vet visit went well. She only has a cold and had to get an antibiotic shot to see if the cold clears up. Overall the vet said that she was very healthy. :D

-HippieLizards.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hi there!

I enjoyed reading this thread so much! Your beardies have so much personality esp Thor! U take such good care of him! I love his pictures the most
How exciting to get Loki!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom