The adventures of Daisy, Loki, Rocket, and Phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a thread all about Cisco, Thor, Daisy, and Gizmo. I'll try to post lots of updates on my beardies (and my gecko too) View media item 60434 Cisco enjoyed the sun yesterday. :D Also today is my one year anniversary with Cisco! :blob5: and Cisco was my first beardie so it's also my one year of keeping reptiles too!! :blob5:

More pictures coming soon.

-HippieLizards.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Hello, :D

Thank you so much! You just made my day. :D Lol, I Agree too, Secretly Thor's my favorite. Just don't tell the others! :wink:

UPDATES: Thor has put on one ounce!! ? (went from 8.3 Ounces to 9.7 Ounces) and Daisy has gained two ounces! :blob5: (went from 11 Ounces to 13.8 Ounces). :blob5: Cisco still hasn't shed off her stuck shed boots and gloves yet unfortunately. :|

Loki's been doing good so far except that I think he somehow might have burned himself on the side of his face. :( View media item 60633 View media item 60661 View media item 60795 View media item 61096 View media item 60625
Unfortunately Tillery is still wheezing so I Might have to call her vet again. :|

I'll keep Y'all posted on how Loki's face is doing.

-HippieLizards.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Also Last night Thor nearly died. :( he got stuck behind his hidebox and got stuck on his back. I Have No idea how long he was there but Thankfully I got there in time and saved him. I Took the hide box out. I Think he was trying to flip himself back up but couldn't because a patch of skin on his leg and tail was rubbed raw and was bleeding when I found him. :(

He was very lifeless looking for a few minutes and I thought he was gone. But then I saw him breathe and he opened his eyes and started lapping up some water I gave him via syringe. :) :blob5:

He seems fine today. He has been eating, He's very active and is actually readying for a shed!! This is the second time since I got him!!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I Know, It was terrifying. :( He's doing great so far. :D

Also I Got some BSFL today. All of the beardies love them. Although Daisy was on my desk and somehow managed to open the container and was digging the worms out and eating them. :roll: It was just like the time when I got a pack of 25 Horn Worms and I Left the container open and Daisy ate almost all of them (she left 5). :roll:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy and Loki-- These two could be siblings! These two Walk, Eat, Lick, and Poop similarly, Weather it's in a similar position or looks exactly the same.

They have very similar coloration and patterns and they have a similar personality (Although Loki's never tried to eat a tablet cord).

Here's the comparison photos: Loki's eye and ear View media item 60558 View media item 60426 Daisy's eye and ear.

Side by side View media item 61051 It's getting hard to tell which is which sometimes. :lol: View media item 60572-HippieLizards.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Loki looks like he might be getting ready to shed on his head, either that or the gray color is normal for him. That little brown spot near his eye looks like it might be just pigmentation -- if he has one like it on the other side, then it's probably ok.

If Daisy didn't mind the big red bow, then she probably doesn't mind the rabbit ears either, huh? :lol:

I hope Thor can keep himself right side up and recover from his injuries. I'm glad to hear that he seems ok. They all look good in the pictures. :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was a burn on Loki because it appeared in about and hour and then went away three days later.

Lol, Daisy is the only one who loves dress up. She is very much a dress up diva. :roll: She always tries to get into pictures. I Actually have a picture of Daisy zooming over Thor while I was trying to get a picture of him. She always perks up when the camera is near. :roll:

Unfortunately Thor's ability to flip himself back onto his feet is getting worse. :( Thankfully when I put some honey (raw unpasteurized) on him the wounds started to clear up. The only problem with that was that Thor kept trying to eat the honey off of him. :banghead:

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
That doesn't sound like pigmentation then, but I'm glad Loki seems to have gotten better.

That's hilarious that Daisy seems to know what a camera is for. Have you been giving her treats for posing for pictures? :lol:

Lots of people swear by raw honey for minor injuries. The down side is that crickets, and some dragons too, as you found out, also like the taste of it. I'm glad it helped Thor, but you're probably going to have to figure out a way to arrange things in his tank so as to minimize the risk of him falling on his back and not being able to flip back over (forgive me for even mentioning that because I suppose you're probably already trying your best to make it as safe as possible for him). It's my understanding that being on their back for too long makes it hard for them to breathe, but there seems to be some disagreement among the so-called "experts" about that. Given the way they're built, I would imagine that even "able bodied" beardies would have at least a little trouble flipping back over if they end up on their back. I don't recall ever seeing our beardie do it, because whenever I pick him up, I always try to set him back down right side up on all 4 feet, even though he sometimes gets his own ideas about how he wants to step out of my hands.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lol, I Would occasionally give Daisy a treat when she's in costume but I think her being famous on here is a treat enough. ?? Lol, She's definitely a picture diva.

Unfortunately Thor's tank seems to be only safe is he doesn't have a hidebox. So, Do you have any recommendations for hideboxes that won't endanger my beardie?

Unfortunately all of the hideboxes Thor had had he's either gotten stuck inside them, He gets flipped upside down when trying to turn around, Or he can't get through the hole. So basically his hide box right now is a blanket. :|

Also I stopped putting the honey on Thor because he kept trying to eat it off of him and the last time he tried to eat some it glued his mouth shut. ?‍♀️

-HippieLizards.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
It sounds like something soft and wide and flexible, such as a blanket, might be the best thing for a hide for Thor, especially if he seems satisfied with it. If he feels safe with you, and has learned that there's nothing in his home that can hurt him, he may not even feel much of a need for any kind of an elaborate place to hide -- it may not have to be some sort of a "box."

Our beardie has a place to hide in his tank, but he rarely uses it anymore, to the point that if he does go in there, I know that he's probably upset about something or not feeling well. So in Thor's case, the blanket may be the best you can do for him.

If his injuries have healed up, he might not need the honey anymore anyway. Some people dilute it, but the down side is that the less sticky you make it, the less likely it is to stay where you put it. :banghead:

Welcome again to the wonderful world of beardie slavery, with one special needs beardie and one fashion model. :( :mrgreen: -- they always seem to find a way to drive you nuts one way or another. :wink:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Good, Thor seems to be fine with the blanket. :)

and Yes, Daisy's always driving me crazy. Every second of every day she's trying to get out of her tank. She will scrape at the edges of her tank and glass dance until she is admitted to be out. and When she's out she is constantly moving. So it's hard to keep up with her.

I Understand Daisy though. Her previous owners had her when she was a baby (she's 2 1/2- 3 years now) and they never let her out because the owners had three cats and a humongous dog. and The cats would always sit on top of the tank and prowl around her so she was rarely handled and I doubt she was ever allowed to free roam.

Now all the dragons get a one hour of free roaming (sometimes more than an hour) and I rotate who's out. So everyone get's a chance to stretch their legs and get some cuddles and explore a bit. :) Even Gizmo the gecko and Tillery the cat (I don't let her near the reptiles when she's out) get to explore a bit (and Gizmo explores me and not the house). :)

Also Gizmo is shedding again and has doubled in size since I first got him!! :) :blob5:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lately Thor's been ridiculously active and unfortunately his beards been pitch black all the time. The only time he's not black bearding is when he's in his blanket asleep getting cuddled. Any Ideas on what's causing this constant pitch black beard? View media item 60864 View media item 60385 View media item 60652 View media item 61147He's very eager to eat which is good and overall he seems fine minus the Black beard.

Also Cisco and Loki have been a bit more lethargic/sleepy acting and are refusing their greens and only wanting bugs. :banghead: I've tried putting their favourite treats in, I've tried putting the insects in the greens but they will just pick them out. :x Cisco's a bit more active than Loki but she still mainly just wants to sleep or bask all the time. and Loki mainly wants to just bask and head bob at random objects. :headbang: :roll: Any ideas on why they're acting like this?

Also Daisy's just her normal usual hyperactive self. As always. :lol:

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hyperactive with a pitch black beard sounds very much like Thor is going hormonal. If you're in the northern hemisphere, it's the right time of the year for it. And if that's the case, you can probably pat yourself on the back for taking good care of him. When the spring fever craziness starts, I like to remind myself that if a beardie isn't reasonably healthy, he's probably not going to be so interested in making little dragons. :wink: If I can think of it as a good thing, it helps me stay a little more sane when his behavior is driving me nuts. :roll:

Head bobbing at random objects sounds like Loki may be getting spring fever too. And on the other hand, sometimes they have days where they want to sleep more and eat less, but it's probably nothing to worry about if it doesn't continue for more than a few days. Sometimes a cloudy/rainy day can effect them that way. Their best way to survive in the wild during a storm is to hole up and hunker down, and sometimes they still have that instinct even if they're indoors with artificial light and a controlled environment. There's been some speculation that they can probably sense changes in barometric pressure.

And (as you've discovered) most beardies are more than capable of picking out their favorites if you try to mix bugs into their salad and they don't want the greens. :p

Females can get spring fever too, so don't be surprised if Daisy starts flirting with the boys. :mrgreen:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ok, Thanks! I was guessing that it was spring fever because Thor was trying to mate with his log this morning and Loki was trying to mate with his plant. :roll: It's been driving me crazy especially yesterday.. When Loki ran over to my feet started head bobbing, and bit my big toe and tried to mate with my feet. :shock:

and I Don't think that I need to worry about Daisy doing so, She's ALWAYS been like that. Ever since January (when I got her) and has just been non stop active.. ever since I first let her explore the house. and When Thor tried bobbing at her and actually managed to grab her she kicked him off (literally!) and then ran over him. :roll: and She did nod her head back at Thor once.. But then she sat on top of Thor's head two seconds later. :lol: Lol, She's a very interesting beardie. :roll: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom