The adventures of angel,Christine and Isabella!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone one of my close friends bought this little baby bearded dragon about a week ago and someone in his apartment told the owner and he had to get rid of it he was going to sell it to this one kid and he had like 3 of these and all died i think the oldest was 5 months so i steped in and said ill buy it so i have this little guy/girl.
I could really use any advise i can get this is what i got set up a 20 gallon tank "guy gave me a 10 gallon but thought it was to small rit now"a basking rock 2 temp and hum gauges 2 domes and got a day white light incandescent spot,uvb bulb and a night black heat.
this little guy/girl is 5 inches she eats like 20 crickets a day "had him or her for 3 days" and greens 3 times a day which it loves big time i spray him or her onces a day with water.
Any advice would be great how long to get the basking light on uvb light ect anything will help also on other things i need to get that i didnt just bought some of that calcium powder to
thanks for looking!!!1

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Welcome!
what kind of UVB are you using? The Retpisun 10.0 is the best

Can you post pictures of your setup?

Do you dust with calcium 5 x a week?

What are your basking temps?

What substrate are you using? Hopefully not sand.

There's a few questions to start.

ghostkid90

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hello
i am using a repti glo 10.0 made by exo terra i have put the calcium 2 times out of the 3 days i have had her, i am using the reptile carpet.
i moved the one temp gauge where the basking area is and i can only get 91 at the other end it is 80.i picked her up for the first time this morning and she was very calm not jumpy i just got done holding her like 25 min ago and she is like running around and jumping on the glass if i can figure out how to post pictures on here i will very sorry first time on a form :(

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
ghostkid90":2mkg05jn said:
Hello
i am using a repti glo 10.0 made by exo terra i have put the calcium 2 times out of the 3 days i have had her, i am using the reptile carpet.
i moved the one temp gauge where the basking area is and i can only get 91 at the other end it is 80.i picked her up for the first time this morning and she was very calm not jumpy i just got done holding her like 25 min ago and she is like running around and jumping on the glass if i can figure out how to post pictures on here i will very sorry first time on a form :(

First, the Reptisun 10.0 UVB is the best UVB light which most people here would recommend. The the UVB a coil bulb? So you are dusting the feeders or are you giving liquid calcium? Reptile carpet is good. Never use loose substrate. What kind of temp gauge are you using? Their basking spot for babies/Juvies should be at least 105. 91 is too cold and they will become lethargic and not be able to digest their food properly. NEVER mist inside the tank. It raises the humidity too much and can cause a URI. You can give luke warm baths 3 - 4 x a week to keep them hydrated. Bathe him for 15 mins each time. Make sure the water isn't too deep. Just up the the elbows is good.

To post pictures you need to open a photo bucket account www.photobucket.com upload your pictures on there. Then under the picture you will see an IMG link that you copy and paste in here. Would love to see some pictures. :D

ghostkid90

Juvie Member
Original Poster
it is a coil bulb which my one friend that has 3 of these said is bad so ill be going out and getting a Reptisun 10.0 UVB thats what he uses as well im using zilla gauges she doesnt seem to be having to much of a waste problem lol but i know 91 is to low and and im not sure how to get it up any do i need a larger done and basking light i cant beleive that a petstore would give me things that would like kill her i mean wonder why she wants to be in my hand also was told i need a uva light

Evergreen

Juvie Member
The Reptisun 10.0 tube light will cover all your UV needs. Try to mount it on the inside of the tank if you can. I just got a big piece of velcro, stuck on to the light and the other to the tank. Works great and easy to remove if necessary.

Do you mean the gauges with the little hand that moves? Those are another thing the pet stores sells that dont work for what you need it for! You'll want wither a temp gun or a digital thermometer WITH PROBE. This is the exact one I got at my pet stores and it works great. You'll probably want two, one for the cool side of your tank and another for your basking spot. http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Aquarium-Terrarium-Thermometer-Black/dp/B0017N8W90/ref=sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1335321772&sr=8-3-spell

I dont think you'd need a different dome, just a higher wattage light bulb. You can go to any store and pick up a regular light bulb (there is a certain kind you want to get but I dont know what it's called). So if you have a 50W in there right now you could try a 75 or maybe 100 but you'll need the probe thermometer first because its possible its good right now but the gauge is wrong.

Anyway, congrats on your new baby and you can look forward to a lot of fun with him/her! Any ideas on a name?

ghostkid90

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hey there ok ill be getting that tomarrow the dome said the light bulb cant be over 60 watts its a zilla 5.5 as well where i have her at i can clamp the domes any where at all i want her to be as healthy as i can i mean im not listing to these petstores telling me 90 is perfect for basking so like 100 dollers after i bought all the bulbs and domes i was like come on but there first thing i thought of was what a little angel so i think angel would be good for her name if its a girl
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg626/ghostkid63/DSC03925.jpg
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg626/ghostkid63/DSC03922.jpg

Evergreen

Juvie Member
Oh wow, she's so pretty!

I'm sorry about losing so much money, I can't imagine how frustrating that would be. You can try to bring some of it back? Maybe say you lost the receipt (unless you still have it?) or that you need to trade it in the the bigger one and you'll pay the difference? Or if all else fails you can try to sell it on craigslist. :-?

ghostkid90

Juvie Member
Original Poster
shes got alot of personalty for being so young i did save all receipts so ill try end take it back can i use this dome light or no

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Never take pet store advice your girl is beautiful taking in a rescue can be expensive but so is starting out I paid 400 for everything if that makes u feel any better thx for taking this girl in its very nice of u and I'm sure she appreciates it gl and best wishes u will find lots of great advice here

Mike

ghostkid90

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thank you when i seen her little face and i new what she was going to and had to get her i first thought i would get her a good home that would love her lol well i cant let her go:)

ghostkid90

Juvie Member
Original Poster
hes very good looking also healthy how do you feel about heating pads also am i going to have to get another dome because it says 60 max also what a good basking bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravenn
Top Bottom