The adventures of angel,Christine and Isabella!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone one of my close friends bought this little baby bearded dragon about a week ago and someone in his apartment told the owner and he had to get rid of it he was going to sell it to this one kid and he had like 3 of these and all died i think the oldest was 5 months so i steped in and said ill buy it so i have this little guy/girl.
I could really use any advise i can get this is what i got set up a 20 gallon tank "guy gave me a 10 gallon but thought it was to small rit now"a basking rock 2 temp and hum gauges 2 domes and got a day white light incandescent spot,uvb bulb and a night black heat.
this little guy/girl is 5 inches she eats like 20 crickets a day "had him or her for 3 days" and greens 3 times a day which it loves big time i spray him or her onces a day with water.
Any advice would be great how long to get the basking light on uvb light ect anything will help also on other things i need to get that i didnt just bought some of that calcium powder to
thanks for looking!!!1

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Heating pads a no because they don't sense heat from their stomachs so no u might need to get a new dome look on Craigslist or kijiji bulbs u can use floodlight bulbs or pet store basking bulbs u might have to experiment I'm sure someone can give u a more accurate answer for your size of tank I never used a 20 gallon also if u are good with building or someone in ur family then u can build one but if not look on Craigslist or kijiji also make sure your reptisun is mounted or hanging in the tank your beardie needs to get 6-8 inchs away and make sure your offering veggies every day

ghostkid90

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ok ill have to see if anyone else can join in i will be building her a cage but i wanna wait alittle before getting into building i feed her veggies when i wake up around 6am i come back at 10am and its all gone so i give her more then one more time at like 8pm and she eats crickets at 10am ,5pm and the 10pm after that shes all layed out i have been doing that since i got her and if you know any other treats or foods to try let me know she shore does like to eat

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
K that's sounds good r u dusting Crix if not its calcium 5x a week I ussually do weekdays ands vitamins 2x a week I usually do weekends Umm what time do u put her/him to bed and what times wake up

ghostkid90

Juvie Member
Original Poster
shes usually up at 6am i get up at 5:45 fed the veggies at 6 am she takes alot of naps i noticed and i put her night heat on at about 11pm i use reptocal calcium and vitamin D3 2 times out of the 3 days i had her

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
K beardies should be on a 14/10 so 14 up 10 asleep (hours btw) if that don't work on your schedule I would get a timer not from pet store but from home depot or wal mart and then just leave veggies in the morning so when she/he get up then theirs veggies and their should be no lights at night if your house don't drop below 65 u don't need night time light

ghostkid90

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ok i see i gotta figure out that then so what lights should be on what what i mean at night and all i know this is a stupid question but very important

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Well if ur house gets under 65 at night u will have to get a Che ceramic heat emiter it produces heat no light but does it drop below 65

ghostkid90

Juvie Member
Original Poster
it gets under 65 at night i have a black night heat light the guy told me to buy should i put that on? what temp at night should it not go under

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Yea this what I did went their and said u guys gave me the wrong stuff and it's ur employes fault I would like a refund even if u have or haven't used it I would

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChekeNerton523
Top Bottom