The adventures of angel,Christine and Isabella!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone one of my close friends bought this little baby bearded dragon about a week ago and someone in his apartment told the owner and he had to get rid of it he was going to sell it to this one kid and he had like 3 of these and all died i think the oldest was 5 months so i steped in and said ill buy it so i have this little guy/girl.
I could really use any advise i can get this is what i got set up a 20 gallon tank "guy gave me a 10 gallon but thought it was to small rit now"a basking rock 2 temp and hum gauges 2 domes and got a day white light incandescent spot,uvb bulb and a night black heat.
this little guy/girl is 5 inches she eats like 20 crickets a day "had him or her for 3 days" and greens 3 times a day which it loves big time i spray him or her onces a day with water.
Any advice would be great how long to get the basking light on uvb light ect anything will help also on other things i need to get that i didnt just bought some of that calcium powder to
thanks for looking!!!1

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That good about the moon light, it'll help keep her little tank warm. I wouldn't worry about the 75 gallon, but once she's a year old, you can see if she'll be big enough to want that much space. Dragons do like to be able to get around, but you'll want a 40 gallon breeder before she gets into the 75 gallon, or you can still use the 75 gallon, just use a divider to make it smaller until she's full grown. Having a 75 gallon for when she's older means she'll have tons of room to run around. See how it goes as she won't need the 20 gallon for alot longer, probably for only a few months, you'll have to see how her growth goes. I'll be anxious to hear how she manages today under the new UVB & under the proper basking temps. Keep me posted! I'll put on a pic of my new dragon Gabriel, I pick him up in a few hours from the pet shop, I need to clean out the empty tank I have in my bedroom. He won't be seeing my other males until he's been with me for a few weeks, 'cause he's so much young (I think 1 yr) and he's small & skinny for his age.

Keep up the good work with your baby, she'll feel better really soon!
Deb

ghostkid90

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i woke up this morning and she was sleeping like a baby and i gave her another hour to sleep then put her light on i think she really likes the night time moon light the tank stayed at 70 the next thing im worryed about lol is the crickets i got her smalls but they are bigget the between her eyes she only ate 3 this morning is there any oneline store to buy crickets also what other insects can i feed her for like a treat?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You should be giving her pinhead crickets for now, small might be a bit too big until she grows a bit more. I'm not sure about on-line feeders, but if you check the "Feeders" section, you might find some good places. I've heard about Mulberry Farms but don't know the website. So check that section, should be a list of possibilities you can check. Some pet stores don't have the pinheads, but if you measure & take that measurement to the pet shop, sometimes they'll give you a break if you order 500 at a time. So ask them 1st, then check out online feeder places.

ghostkid90

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i just ran down and they said they dont sell the pin head ones this this why shes only eating 3 or 4 at a time and are they called 1/4 crickets as well

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Not sure about that, as its been 4 years since I had a small baby! But did you check "Feeders" area on this site? search pinhead crickets & you should find someone who has an online company that sells them. I'll check for you, too.
Deb

ghostkid90

Juvie Member
Original Poster
hello again i put a post up and getting some good info everyone saying for the size she is 1/4 crickets are good
i had to show you this i went to new mexico alittle while ago and my ground father gave me this dried up cactus it was weird but i just remembered i had it and cleand it up and put it in there she loves it she jumps off the rock onto it then like runs down she takes a piece of salad then runs back i got a picture of her on it here ya go hope ya dont mind all the pictures im putting up just really exited about her :D
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg626/ghostkid63/DSC03954.jpg
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg626/ghostkid63/DSC03955.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
OMG she looks great, lots of energy, the new UVB is doing so well for her. Glad you found a small log for her to jump up & down on, it's great exercise & they have such a great time. I just found the site where I know alot of people ordered crickets www.ghann.com. There is a list of different sized crickets & you can contact them to find out what the best size cricket is for your baby. Keep doing what you're doing & more pics, please!
Deb

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She looks better, seems like she is getting used to her new home already. 8) Her eyes look better too, those darn coil bulbs are bad news. So, she likes the Repti-Sun bulb?

Did you have any luck finding the right sized crickets online? Here's Mulberry Farms site: www.mulberryfarms.com Are any of the crickets you have now the right size for her? The hardest part of the cricket for them to get down is the back legs so if you have some crickets that are just a little bit too big, remove the back legs and that will make it easier for her to digest them. But if you have any doubt at all about them being too large for her, don't feed them. Does you pet store have any other live feeders like silkworms, butters, etc?

ghostkid90

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hello
i thought so to i looked on the site and the ones i got which are the smallest one that got are 1/2 crickets and from the site said they would be sent out monday so im 3 or more days without crickets so idn what to do her ahh can i feed her anything else for the time being ? and if so how much

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You can feed her baby silkworms (which are really good for her as they're full of calcium) pheonix worms (again full of calcium) or hornworms. They have to be pretty well just hatched & they're not often found in small pet shops, so check what they have. There are really no other worms that she can eat at this point. So if you can find those other type of baby worms, then get some babyfood, I've always used Heinz Chicken with 5 veggie, put loads of calcium, put some on your finger & let her lick it off. I can't think of anything else but mealworms, but they've got a hard shell that's really hard for beardies to digest & because of the shell don't have alot of meat on them. If you can find mini-supers, I've heard they're good for babies, too. So you'll have to check at the pet shops in your area to see what is offered. Let me know how that works out.
Deb

ghostkid90

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok hello guys just wanted to keep ya updated woke up gave her..her fresh greens like every day and i took the legs off the crickets only had 7 left:( so i gave her one by one and she ate every single one lol in like 30sec time she was stalking them from the branch i put in there and would like jump rit next to them and then eat them and then jumped back up so i can say the uvb light is working good only thing is her eyes are sometimes close still

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It'll take a few more days for her eyes to get over the effects of the Reptiglo, so give her time. Let me know if she's still having issues next Friday, but she should be back to normal by then. Glad she's eating. Until the next batch of crickets come in, just feed her tons of greens, that'll keep her belly full & she won't have any bad effects. Don't forget to check www.beautifuldragons.com Nutrition & see if you can find greens/veggies (except spinach) that have protein in it to help her until the crickets get there, then watch her chow down!
Good job, keep it up, she'll be huge before you know it. Sounds like she loves her new log!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravenn
Top Bottom