Thane's Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I love me some rpgs :D

Thane was supposed to be a he because the character is male, but alas we have a lady dragon lol

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
I was told by the petstore that Simon was male. Wasn't until I got Richter that I was like.. alright... Richter is CLEARLY male and Simon is showing female. Simon remained named Simon regardless.

Little baby Alucard I am pretty positive is a little girl, and the character she is named after is male (Dracula's son.. so...) but whatever. A name is a name :D

At least Thane isn't a common name in society that people will make gender assumptions based off of. It comes off as androgynous

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I feel the same! And I know a ton of beardie owners just keep the names so you'll see lady dragons named Bob and stuff. It's cute lol

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Right? I highly doubt she's sitting in her viv with a gender identity crisis.

More than likely, she's day dreaming about hornworms and dubias.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Sometimes I think the only thing Richter thinks about is when the next superworm will be... If I ever needed to motivate him with anything, it would be a superworm on a string. He thinks they're the best thing since basking stick.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Original Poster
"Fat" has become the primary part of the names we call her. "Fatty Girl", "Fat Dagron" (yes, "dagron", from Homestar Runner lol), Chunky Monkey, etc. Then there's Angry Krogan (from Mass Effect) and Lady Lizard. Rarely do we actually call her Thane, lol.

She's 10 months now!

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Strong Mad..... You just keep doing your thing, man.

10 months! Way to go Fatty!
I call my female african dwarf frog "fat one", followed by fatfatfatfatfat. She's only fat by comparison but I still find it endearing, hopefully Thane does, too!

My dragons don't have a consistent nickname, ranging from stuff I even call my cat, but Richter I've been calling Beektor a lot. Richter -> Victor -> Veektor ->Beektor

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Original Poster
*carves "DAGRON" into a table*

Sounds like the progression of names from my last dog. Abby --> Abby Dabby Doo --> Doo Doo --> Doo Doo Head. Poor girl :lol:

Beektor is cute.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Don't even get me started on what I did to my sister's name ...
Karissa -> Karisausage -> Karisauce -> Sauce.
My mom and dad call her Sauce now, years and years later (we're both adults.) She's also in my phone as Squashing Sock. Long story.

Beektor is how I would assume someone of oriental (Japanese) descent would pronounce Richter.
I have nothing fun for Alucard. The nickname Ally has been tossed out but it doesn't fit her. I just call her little chickpea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom