Thane's Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Squashing Sock :lol:

I mean, at least Sausage didn't stick lmfao

I have a friend who put me as Arnold Palmer in her phone.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
:lol:
I'm sure there's a story there, besides a delicious beverage (assuming you weren't named from the actual golfer.)

Back when AOL was "the internet", my sister and I had to share computer time. My code for telling my friends my sister was... "getting at me" to get off the computer was "the Sauce is squawking." Saying this over the phone to someone resulted in "the sock is squashing?" soo.. Squashing Sock. It's funny to think back that this joke is like 13-15 years old and I still re-enter her name as this every time I get a new phone. Not to mention that means my sister has been called Sauce about half my life. Crazy.

Sorry Thane, I stole your glory. Your fat, fat glory

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I love it! Unfortunately, there isn't much of a story for mine. I was with said friend when I bought an Arnold Palmer at a gas station. She thought it was funny. I ended up in her phone that way. The better story is how my sister got the name "Bugs". She is younger than I am, so as kids, I'd blame her for anything that went wrong. "Katie did it" became my go-to phrase, which spawned "katydid", like the insect. She's still Bugs to me, 20 years later.

Thane continues to bask in her fatfatfat glory. I'm not home at the moment, but I imagine she is taking a midday nap on her hammock, dreaming of dubias and beard stretches.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
I'm at work as well, but will be running home shortly to feed them both on my lunch. Richter and Alucard just finished their coccidia meds and the meds took a toll on Richter's appetite. Will need to get him some tasty (maybe?) soy yogurt after work. Never tried soy yogurt.

It's amazing how nicknames stick sometimes. Some never do, even when the idea is funnier.
My cousin is in my phone as Keetcha. Her name is Keshia. There is no story beyond that. I prefer the nicknames that make no sense.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Those antimicrobial meds are so tough on these little guys! Have you tried other probiotics? I found a great one on beautifuldragons.co that helped soooo much with Thane!

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
I have not tried any but started reading up on it today. When it was prescribed a week ago I asked if it would affect their appetite at all and was told no. Well, lies, because Richter has been giving me sad beardie face the past few days (he ate 4 large-xlarge roaches on lunch though) and has actually been declining superworms! I figured I'll get some soy yogurt while I wait on the good stuff to arrive though I have not yet purchased any. Today was final dose, and he's been eating the whole time, but not as much as usual. Alucard has still had a great appetite but her dose is bitsy compared to Richter's (.07cc vs .5cc)

Do the probiotics have a shelf life?

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I keep it refrigerated after opening. They're good for around a year in there. The one I got from that website has helped tremendously, and Thane enjoys the flavor of it. I believe it's specifically formulated for reptiles, too. :)

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Is that the Benebac?
I'll have to take a look. There's no harm in having this on hand, and for like $6/yr why not. I need to do the same with charcoal in case of any toxins. Best to have on hand than to scramble for later

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
I actually may order from Drache's shop. She sells Reptophilus which she claims is even BETTER than the bomb.. and also activated charcoal.
One stop shop!

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Damn, girl! Look at those lovely lizard lumps! What a beautiful little fatty-pants. She's certainly growing up big and strong, and look at those colors :D

I used the Reptophilis from Drache's shop when Thomas had his parasite meds, and it seemed to work brilliantly. Kept his appetite right up when he was being treated for coccidia and pinworms (even if he HATED me for putting the yucky meds in his mouth), and he seemed to actually enjoy the flavor as well, and it smells like some kind of tropical fruits mixed in. Yeah, so maybe I tried a drop... But there's nothing in it but natural ingredients, and natural bacteria. :lol:

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
I hear when one tries the reptophilis, one becomes a reptile...
#campstory

Glad to hear it works! I figured it would, but there's always that little bit of doubt. I tried giving him some soy yogurt after I ate the majority of it. He had a few licks and then freaked out like I was trying to feed him paint, and I'd hate to syringe it after he just got over being syringed yucky meds.

My order should be arriving maybe Monday as I just got shipping confirmation yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom