Tazzie- rescued and recovering

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardKat

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi Jiffy and family,
I posted some new pictures of Tazzie in her "carrying bag" in the ER area of the website. I will post some funny pictures of Tazzie here as well... She continues to improve and she is always such a happy girl! The carrying case is used when I am on the computer. She loves sitting in her case and looks around while hanging in the bag. She loves being held but is not yet walking on her own.

Your house sounds like our home- tons of pets/family members. We have a Rottweiler, Great Dane/Swiss Mtn dog mix, a three toed box turtle, a northeastern box turtle, a big and friendly iguana, three fish tanls (filled with an assortment of cuties...) and our precious little BD Tazzie.

How did your boyfriend create the banner with all of your family members?

Have a great 4th of July!
:) Kat and Tazzie

Tazzieday7016.jpg

Tazzieday7009.jpg

Tazzieday7006.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Tazzie looks so much better than at the beginning, I'll have to look for her thread in ER. Are you giving her liquid calcium? That helped our most recent rescue Angel the most, her bones were also soft when we got her and they've become a bit more dense. I got the dosage from Tracie, a moderator on this site & very knowledgeable about medications and dosages. The change in Tazzie in just the short time you've had her is phenomenal. We're all the lucky ones, those that have been chosen by beardies that need our help so badly. I'm so glad you got her, you can see the spirit in her! Thanks so much for sharing the good news, I'll be checking to see how she progresses. Good for you for considering a legal career helping helpless exotics. Even though all animals need help, beardies have a special space in our heart. We started with Sweetie 3 yrs ago and now we have 5, all loved, spoiled and well treated by their slaves :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Beardies are like pringles, you can't get enough. Hi to all your other critters, too!

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Poor little Tazzie! She is so skinny. I can already see a change in her though - she is already improving for you. That's fantastic! How is the wound on her back doing? Is it healing up?

LizardKat

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi SweetiePie(, hello Jasper's Mom,
Tazzie's sore on her back is healing and it is much smaller. She is also putting on some weight in her back legs and tail.. I am pleased with how she is starting to move around a little more. Yesterday, she went into her little house (cardboard Granola box) two to three times on her own. This was a major improvement! I really do think that the aqua therapy is making a difference.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and well wishes.
:) Kat

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Kat- You could ask one of the moderators to merge your two threads. That way you only have to update one time to cover everyone. :D It would give you more time for Tazzie... A spoiled dragon is a happy dragon! :lol:

Sandy H

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Hi Kat. She is looking so much better. She has to be one happy girl now, to have love and care and attention. Those pics of her in her carrying case is adorable!

Sounds like you do have a house full of animals. I have 3 dogs, a cat and 3 bearded dragons (and sometimes cat sit my moms cat for months at a time). All of my babies are in my sig except for the newest addition that I rescued in February. I really dont know how Butch made the sig, I am so clueless about stuff like that.
I am trying now to get him to make me a sig with just the beardie boys in it, that way there will be more room for them. I want him to do it soon, but have not been pushing him too much. b/c he has been waiting on me hand and foot for the last month, so I have kept him busy. :lol: Hopefully soon he will have time, and I can fuss at him about it without feeling guilty.

LizardKat

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello everyone,
Here is a funny picture of Tazzie looking at her new BD boyfriend Spark (Spark is the beardie "son" of Crickest) Tazzie's sore is healing nicely. Thanks to all for your help and suggestions. I see improvement every single day.
:lol: Kat

Tazzieday11031-1.jpg

Tazzieday11021.jpg

Tazzieday11028.jpg

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
We have noticed the improvement in Tazzie. It's entirely possible that Tazzie's quick improvement is due to her new boyfriend, that's in addition to your good care. Thanks for the updated pics.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
OMG that poor poor baby!!! Im so very glad you rescued her!! When i seen that first pic it brought tears to my eyes and made me sick how someone can let them get that far!!! She is def in my thoughts and prayers!

emilybortz

Hatchling Member
She is doing so well!
What is the vet saying? is a full recovery possible?
My thoughts are with Tazzie :) (Rockie and Pebbles would so be waving right now if they werent in beardie dreamland)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
YEAH TAZZIE! She's improving daily, I'm so glad. Our crew are all waving at her right now, well Lonzo is black bearding, but as with Rubio, our two males just love showing off their black beard! When you have a change, give us pics, pics, pics. I love the pouch you made for her, what an ingenious way to get her around without fear of falling. I'll be glad to hear of any improvements coming on...keep us updated, Please, Please!!

Take care, Tazzie, Lonzo, Rubio, Sweetie, Issy, Angel (our rescue) and Rocco the golden gecko, all send you lots of works, crickets and salads. Lots of rest, curiosity and love
Deborah and my zoo! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

LizardKat

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi Freeie, Emily and Deb,
Here is an update on Tazzie. She still is not eating on her own but she is so happy when I feed her twice a day. She is so little ( 5 inch body, 4 inch tail) that I do not want to feed her too much. I can pretty much read her body language when her tummy is full. For the last two or three days, she has actually starting to move her face toward the food and I am hoping that she will begin to eat on her own. I thought about not hand feeding her in the morning to see if she would take the food (on her own) when she is hungry. I really am uncomfortable not hand feeding her because she is still so thin and is on injections of antibiotics. Tazzie really loves strawberries so I plan on leaving a chopped up strawberry in her viv in the morning. My plan is to peek at her and if she does not eat on her own, I will hand feed her. :silent: :) I will keep you all posted.

Her front "hands" appear to be gaining strength. She is walking for short distances and often uses the stronger arm to pull her across the floor of her aquarium. Her back legs and feet are still very weak but I can see a difference in the muscles in her legs. She has a vet visit next week and I hope to get her opinion as to how I can help Tazzie improve her muscle strength. She is receiving liquid calcium and her vitamins but I am have already accepted that she may always have some physical challenges. She appears to be so happy and is actually excited and happy when I reach in her viv to pick her up. She also loves to be kissed on the forehead.

Thanks for asking about Tazzie :D
Kat

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
It may be way to early for it now, but when darlingTazzie has regained a little more strength Id advise doing some water exercises. I did them with Ruben growing up to develop his strength and mobility in his two remaining arms and I think it helped alot. I was advised to try it by Tracie.
I'll spare you the details for now, but I think it could really help her.
I know Freeie's sweet Zero benefited from it too.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I agree about the water exercises, too. Sweetie, who's now 3, had MBD starting in her back legs when we first got her, and I was told the same thing, extra liquid calcium and lots of baths. She's now the best swimmer and the fastest, she motors around the big tub a few times now each bath. She still crouches on her back legs more than most beardies when she's upright, but she can run like the wind. She gets a daily bath and swims now in each bath, it just comes naturally to her. So we've done the same with our other four, too. Angel, who was really dehydrated and skinny when we got her and also severe MBD, now swims and runs, too. So water therapy is such a good idea, it strengths the muscles to help support their bone structure better. I know Tazzie will benefit from it. She's improving so much and in such a short length of time.

(((((((HUGS to Tazzie from all of us ))))))))

Take care, Kat
Deborah and the zoo :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom