Tazz and Zeppelin Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.
[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY] Its unlocked now!

OK so I've been a member here for a few months now and I only have my 2 little cuties in Introductions.
I think it's about time I made them their own real thread.
I'll give you a little background if you never saw them in introductions.
I got a male and female dragon from Cheryl at Rio Reptiles on October 18th 2011. Little did I know then
that these two would soon take over my life. I decided to name the female Tazz because she was so full
of energy and spunky. I named the male Zeppelin mostly because that is my favorite band, but also he's
very laid back. For the first few weeks I had them they were housed together and had a coil uvb bulb.
I didn't know any better at that time :oops: . Zeppy was very shy and hid alot then. He didn't eat much
either. About 3 weeks after I got them I joined this forum and learned of my mistakes. I promptly
separated them and got them the correct uvb bulbs. They currently have the new t-5 arcadias.

I work at a hydro supply store and the plan when I got Tazz and Zeppelin was to have them live here
at the store. I didn't realize how attached I would get to lizards. We already have a Veiled Chameleon
and anoles and two water turtles that live at the store and I really have no problem leaving them here.
Our chameleon as beautiful as he is has an extremely bad attitude! I feed him and take care of him and
he still hates me. He's a look but don't you even think about touching me type of lizard.

So after I moved Zeppy to his own cage he was still really skittish and didn't eat very well. I decided to
take him home to live with me. After the initial shock of moving him wore off he stared to do a little
better. He ate more, and his stress marks weren't as dark. But he was still very skittish and tried to
hide every time someone walked by his cage. I have 2 kids, 10 yrs. old and 13 yrs. old, 3 dogs, a cat
and 2 tortoises at my house so it's not exactly quiet there. I then decided to move him to my bedroom
since it was much quieter and I could close the door and keep the cat out of there while at work.

I kept him in my room for about a month, maybe a little longer. But he wasn't getting any better. If
anything he seemed worse. He was terrified every time someone would come in the room. He'd
suck in the sides of his body as if to mimic being a stick.I felt so bad for him! I decided I was just
making him worse by locking him away in the quiet all day so I moved him back out in the living room.
And he slowly started coming around. He would even sit and watch us and the other animals sometimes.
About 3 weeks ago I bought him a bigger enclosure, it's a 36x18x17 reptile tank with a screen top and
vents on the sides. I also made him and Tazz their own custom cave/ basking spot out of foam and
grout. After the initial shock of being moved AGAIN I think he's finally turned a corner. He basks with
us in the room now instead of running and hiding. and when me or my daughter hold him he has no
stress marks! He still only eats when he feels like it though, so he's not that big. He's about 5 months
old now and only weighs 53 grams and 10 in.

Tazz an the other hand has done nothing but grow since I got her. She's full of personality and demands
my undivided attention. She comes home with me every week-end right now. Her light cycle during the
winter turns off at 5:30 so she goes to sleep as soon as I leave to go home from work at night. I probably
won't leave her here during the summer, i'll want to take her home to play with her in the evenings
when she's still awake. I guess i'll cross that bridge when I come to it. She's 5 1/2 months old now and
weighs in at 165 grams and 14 inches. It's hard to believe that she was only a couple grams more than
Zeppy when I got them.

Here they are the day I got them housed together in a 10 gallon tank
tazznzeppelin.jpg

Tazz is a citrus hypo and Zeppelin is a hypo trans leatherback. She's in the front of the pic.

Here's Zeppelin in November, when he still lived at the store.
zeppelin1.jpg

This is Tazz in November.
tazz2.jpg

Here's a few of Tazz in december.
Aquarium145.jpg

Aquarium146.jpg

Aquarium140.jpg

And a few of Zep in December.
Aquarium141.jpg

CopyofAquarium138.jpg

Aquarium143.jpg

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Boys will be boys eh :mrgreen: Too funny that Zep finally figured out hes a man! They both look fantastic, more gorgeous color popping all the time!

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Kalyn, I hadn't posted new pics in quite a while. They are both getting so big. I was looking back at some younger pics of them and feeling a little sad that they look like grown ups already. Where did my little babies go?
Amy

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It's been such a busy summer I haven't had much time to post here. Tazz and Zeppelin are both doing fantastic! Tazz is one year old now as of August 12th. She's quite a big girl now too, she weighs 415 grams and is almost 17 inches long. Zeppelin passed her up about a month ago and is getting HUGE! He is 466 grams and 20 inches long now. Such a huge improvement for the timid little dragon I used to have to syringe feed.
I don't really have any new pics of them. I guess I will have to take some. I do have two on my phone of Zeppelin sitting on the top of the waterfall in my backyard pond.
GetAttachment-2.jpg

GetAttachment-3.jpg

My phone doesn't take the best pics but at least it's something.
I hope everyone else here are doing well.
Amy :D

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'm sooooo excited!!! I'm getting a new little baby next week. Possibly 2 if everything works out.
Here is a pic of the one I'm definitely getting. She is a citrus tiger hypo het trans.
527000_310363175728118_522734368_n.jpg

And this is the one we are possibly getting. My daughter hasn't made up her mind yet.
She is a sun fire hypo
409572_310661355698300_1614719284_n.jpg

And here is one of Zeppelin right after his bath.
Receipt001.jpg

He's getting so big and beautiful now.

I'll keep this thread updated when I get the new ones.
Amy :blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :blob5:

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Yay for new dragons!! Have you decided on the second one?

Zepplin is huge! and looking fantastic as always :D

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Wow Zeppelin looks great, he's gotten so big!! Yay for new babies so exciting. Have you and your daughter decided yet? My boyfriend and I just made payment in full on a new baby leather back from Barbara's latest clutch. His/her name is PeeWee, the runt of the clutch, we have to wait a couple weeks on shipping cause of the triple digits in temps. I can't wait for PeeWee!

-Kaleen

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
We got them both! They are so cute and tiny. No names yet they both weigh in at 16 grams though. They arrived yesterday morning along with 4 others, 1 is for a co-worker of mine and the other 3 were gonna sell
at the shop I work at. We're not a pet store we sell hydroponics supplies but Leon my chameleon lives
at the shop and so does Tazz during the week. And Olivia the red eared slider. So we have customers
asking us all the time if they can buy our shop pets. And of course the answer is always NO. So we will see
if people are really interested or not. And of course I won't let someone buy one unless they get the right set-up and understand how to take care of beardies properly. It's actually a huge responsibility to find the right person to buy them. I'm a little nervous now that they are here.
Here are all 6 of them in my hand right after they got here yesterday.
GetAttachment-4.jpg

Amy :blob5: :blob5: :blob5:

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
What a busy time I have been having these last 3 weeks. 6 babies are a lot to take care of! Last weekend was my daughter Kailey's birthday so I officially gave her the new baby I had gotten her. She named her Terabithia and I'm calling her Tera for short.
I'm starting to think I made a huge mistake by getting 3 of them to sell here at the store. We've only had a few people that were kinda interested but I think I scared them off by being a psycho lizard lady and telling them all the things they were gonna need to care for one little baby lizard. I'm really starting to second guess if there is anyone who lives in this town that will love them as much as I do. They are all so funny with all of their arm waving. Every time I walk in front of their tank most of them start arm waving at me. I take them home on the week-ends and they REALLY arm wave at Zeppelin, it's pretty funny.
Here are all 6, can you see the little one hiding?
GetAttachment-5.jpg

Here is my baby Kalypso she's getting to be a real fatty.
GetAttachment-6.jpg

Here is Kailey's baby Tera. She's in a deep shed but should be bright red when she's done.
GetAttachment-7.jpg

And this is Kalypso and her brother begging for more dubia.
GetAttachment-8.jpg

Here's one of Tazz a few weeks ago climbing the screen door at my house. She usually just sits on the floor and looks out but this day she decided to try out her climbing skills.
GetAttachment-9.jpg

mudskipper

Juvie Member
You have very beautiful dragons! I really enjoyed reading all the posts. I was cheering for Zeppelin to get better. Then it's a relief when he started to catch up on growth. It was hilarious when he finally realized he's the man in the house. :lol:

What are your thoughts on their 36" x 18" cages? Do you think they are too small? I was planning on getting 48" x 24" x 18" melamine Critter Condo cages, but they are not going to be available in the Northeast for a while. I don't like the looks of the other melamine and PVC cages out there. Customcages.com looks great, but they are like $400 each. I have a 36" x 18" x 18" Exo Terra tank and may get another one when I see it on sale at Petsmart. Sometimes it's only $120.

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I actually think that at Zep's size now he could use a bigger cage. Tazz's cage at work is a 4x2 and I think that it's a nice size. I also custom built 2 cages out of an old cabinet. They are about 42in.x20in. I think.
So I might end up giving him one of those and doing something different with the tortoises.
Amy

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I am not having a good afternoon! First giving six babies a bath is somewhat of a nightmare. They kept trying to drown each other today. I finally separated them 3 to a tub and that worked out better.
Then it was Tazz's turn. She has been trying to go into brumation for a few weeks now, but hasn't quite gone all the way yet. Well today was the first day she didn't get up to bask at all. So I gave her a bath just a few minutes ago and she drank lots of water which made me happy because she hasn't really been eating a whole lot lately. So I got her out of the bath and dried her off and she was laying on my chest and she started coughing. Only a few times but it scared the heck out of me! So I was holding her and stroking her back and talking to her when I her some scratching coming from the other room. I got up and walked in there to find that Tera had jumped out of her tank and was behind the shelf. All I could reach was about the last inch and a half of her tail so I picked her up by it. Needless to say she was not happy about that! That little girl showed me her little baby beard and gave me some major stink eye! I really hope I didn't hurt her tail. I ran my fingers down it a few times before I put her back in the cage,
( with the lid on this time) and it felt normal. But I'm worried about Tazz. I think I'll make her a vet appt. just to be safe.
Amy :(

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Both Tera and Tazz seem to be just fine. Tera's tail has no injury (thank goodness) and Tazz hasn't coughed since Friday right after her bath. I'm gonna still take Tazz to the vet though because she's trying to brumate for the first time and I just wanna have her checked out before she goes down for the count. I will miss her while she's sleeping. :(
Amy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom