Tazz and Zeppelin Tales

Status
Not open for further replies.
[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY] Its unlocked now!

OK so I've been a member here for a few months now and I only have my 2 little cuties in Introductions.
I think it's about time I made them their own real thread.
I'll give you a little background if you never saw them in introductions.
I got a male and female dragon from Cheryl at Rio Reptiles on October 18th 2011. Little did I know then
that these two would soon take over my life. I decided to name the female Tazz because she was so full
of energy and spunky. I named the male Zeppelin mostly because that is my favorite band, but also he's
very laid back. For the first few weeks I had them they were housed together and had a coil uvb bulb.
I didn't know any better at that time :oops: . Zeppy was very shy and hid alot then. He didn't eat much
either. About 3 weeks after I got them I joined this forum and learned of my mistakes. I promptly
separated them and got them the correct uvb bulbs. They currently have the new t-5 arcadias.

I work at a hydro supply store and the plan when I got Tazz and Zeppelin was to have them live here
at the store. I didn't realize how attached I would get to lizards. We already have a Veiled Chameleon
and anoles and two water turtles that live at the store and I really have no problem leaving them here.
Our chameleon as beautiful as he is has an extremely bad attitude! I feed him and take care of him and
he still hates me. He's a look but don't you even think about touching me type of lizard.

So after I moved Zeppy to his own cage he was still really skittish and didn't eat very well. I decided to
take him home to live with me. After the initial shock of moving him wore off he stared to do a little
better. He ate more, and his stress marks weren't as dark. But he was still very skittish and tried to
hide every time someone walked by his cage. I have 2 kids, 10 yrs. old and 13 yrs. old, 3 dogs, a cat
and 2 tortoises at my house so it's not exactly quiet there. I then decided to move him to my bedroom
since it was much quieter and I could close the door and keep the cat out of there while at work.

I kept him in my room for about a month, maybe a little longer. But he wasn't getting any better. If
anything he seemed worse. He was terrified every time someone would come in the room. He'd
suck in the sides of his body as if to mimic being a stick.I felt so bad for him! I decided I was just
making him worse by locking him away in the quiet all day so I moved him back out in the living room.
And he slowly started coming around. He would even sit and watch us and the other animals sometimes.
About 3 weeks ago I bought him a bigger enclosure, it's a 36x18x17 reptile tank with a screen top and
vents on the sides. I also made him and Tazz their own custom cave/ basking spot out of foam and
grout. After the initial shock of being moved AGAIN I think he's finally turned a corner. He basks with
us in the room now instead of running and hiding. and when me or my daughter hold him he has no
stress marks! He still only eats when he feels like it though, so he's not that big. He's about 5 months
old now and only weighs 53 grams and 10 in.

Tazz an the other hand has done nothing but grow since I got her. She's full of personality and demands
my undivided attention. She comes home with me every week-end right now. Her light cycle during the
winter turns off at 5:30 so she goes to sleep as soon as I leave to go home from work at night. I probably
won't leave her here during the summer, i'll want to take her home to play with her in the evenings
when she's still awake. I guess i'll cross that bridge when I come to it. She's 5 1/2 months old now and
weighs in at 165 grams and 14 inches. It's hard to believe that she was only a couple grams more than
Zeppy when I got them.

Here they are the day I got them housed together in a 10 gallon tank
tazznzeppelin.jpg

Tazz is a citrus hypo and Zeppelin is a hypo trans leatherback. She's in the front of the pic.

Here's Zeppelin in November, when he still lived at the store.
zeppelin1.jpg

This is Tazz in November.
tazz2.jpg

Here's a few of Tazz in december.
Aquarium145.jpg

Aquarium146.jpg

Aquarium140.jpg

And a few of Zep in December.
Aquarium141.jpg

CopyofAquarium138.jpg

Aquarium143.jpg

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
They are both very pretty! What a story with Zeppy, poor guy. I really believe some are just more sensitive than others. I would love to have all my dragons in the living room where we could see them and interact with them more, but we have 6 and there's not enough room for them!

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I really think bringing him out in the living room where he is forced to deal with day to day life
was the right decision. He seems more alert and less scared now. He loves me and my daughter.
My daughter feeds him and plays with him when she gets off the bus, before I get home from work.
She always texts me to give an update on whether or not he's pooped and if he ate his dudia and
greens. She gives me the stress mark update too. She's great and loves Zep as much as I do.
Amy

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok so I took some pics of Zep last night when I went home. And some of Tazzy this morning at work.
I'm also including some of my other pets. Hope you guys don't mind, they're not all bearded dragons.

These 2 are my kids. My son Zachary is 13, and my daughter Kailey is 10.
DSC01139.jpg

DSC01112.jpg

This is my dog Coco. She loves to play fetch.
DSC01243.jpg

I was holding her ball in this one and I had her undivided attention.
DSC01248.jpg

This is my dog Sparky. She's mommy's little girl.
Aquarium150.jpg

This is my sons dog Nala. We adopted her from the pound 5 yrs. ago and she's blind.
Aquarium152.jpg

This is Tinkerbell, she's the queen of our house. (or so she thinks)
Aquarium149.jpg

These are my daughters tortoises, they were under their half log and I picked it up to take a pic.
Aquarium153.jpg

Here's Zep last night giving a little sexy leg. My husband and I made the rock/cave thing.
DSC01236.jpg

On mommy's lap.
DSC01238.jpg

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Here are some more.

Zep last night.
DSC01242.jpg

Here's Tazz this morning. She still looks a little sleepy.
DSC01251.jpg

Go away!
DSC01250.jpg

Oh, you brought me food - you can stay.
DSC01253.jpg

Mmmmmm, I love salad.
DSC01257.jpg

I'm almost as long as your keyboard.
DSC01258.jpg

Who is that handsome dragon? She starred at the screen for about 5 minutes.
DSC01259.jpg

What you lookin at?
DSC01260.jpg

Thanks for looking, Amy :D

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Your pictures and captions are great. I love the 'salad' picture. What a sweet face :D Zepp's black eyes are so mysterious! I love that look.

TheAnthropologist

Hatchling Member
Your dogs are adorable and gorgeous!!!! THey are so sweeeet! I love Nala's ears and Coco is beautiful! I love Tazz's face too! What cuties.

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Anthropologist, I think they're pretty special too.

I Did fecal tests on them yesterday and unfortunately Zeppelin has pinworms. I feel like an ***** for not testing him sooner. I knew there was something not quite right with him. I'm ordering Panacur from
beautiful dragons today. I've never had to give him medicine before so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also if I should be ordering anything along with the Panacur. I already have acidophiliz+
liquid calcium and liquid multivitamins.
Thanks, Amy

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Bummer about having to give Panacur. We have asked many knowledgeable people on this forum and everyone seems to have a different dosing strategy. :lol: The only thing I can suggest is when you give the AcidolphiLiz that you make sure to give it in the afternoon and the Panacur in the morning, not at the same time. That way the AcidolphiLiz has a chance to work independently so it will work better.

What Panacur dosing did your vet recommend?

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the advice. I didn't actually take him to the vet. I ordered the fecal check kit from beautiful
dragons. We have a microscope here at work that I used to look at the slides. I also ordered a really
cool laminated parasite I.D. chart from beautiful dragons. I ordered the panacur from them too. It's
supposed to come with instructions. I'm not looking forward to being the bad guy and force feeding poor Zeppy the medicine though. Wish me luck. :shock:
Amy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom