Tank not getting hot enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honeydew1

108643-7431569071.jpg
I have a 75gal tank and I get my new baby on Tuesday so I’ve been trying to get the temperature right and I’m using a 150w bulb for the basking spot but it’s only getting to 85f! I’m using a temp gun and I put it directly beneath it and it is still reading at 85f max. If I point it at the bulb it goes up to 140+ So I know it’s working but why is my tank still so cold?
The cool side also isn’t getting over 75f. I need the temperatures right in time for him to get here so I’m getting worried!
(I have the basking bulb in the black lamp with a ceramic heater for when it gets cold at night but I only have the basking bulb on currently)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
For starters throw away the red coloured globe .

Question = how are actually measuring the temperatures , with what EXACTLY and were are these temperatures being taken ?
Not all temperature guns are adequate ( lots are totally inadequate ).

What model and model number temperature gun are you using ?

Have you checked the temperatures using a probe style digital thermometer ?

Honeydew1

Original Poster
The bulb is red, throw that one away?
I am using the ReptiTemp® Digital Thermometer to check the temperatures and I tried higher up like on the little hammock, on the logs, the bottom tiles, the rocks, everywhere. Only when I pointed it directly at the bulb did it read at over 140f, so the bulb is getting hot

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please get rid of the red bulb---- they are harmful to the eyes- the hammock is under the basking bulb? They often do not give correct temps- please put a piece of solid decor under the basking bulb then get your temp- what are you using for a UVB? The creamic heat emitter only needs to be used at night if your tank is falling below 65--
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom