Tales of Thresh and Fizz *Update*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

So Deb was amazing today and came over and helped me pick out the new baby for the family. Except he isn't so much of a baby. And he may also may not be a he. :lol: He's from the same clutch as Baron was from, so his birthday is March 10th! And holy moly what a healthy juvie.

Even though he is a bit small at 12 inches, he can eat. Let me tell you, he can eat. Deb got pictures of him eating when I first gave him food 5 minutes after him being in the tank. 2 bowls of roaches later and a bowl and a half of baby bok choi and he seemed content. SO. PICTURES. I only got 3 before my camera died. :(

SAM_0286_zps317c2bb4.jpg

SAM_0287_zps523d934c.jpg

SAM_0288_zps4cd3629a.jpg

The last two are kind of crappy...But the camera was making angry red flashes at me and I was trying to get some.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yes, it would definitely be easier for you, especially if it was close by. Guess you'll have to talk to Jen again in the new year about changing your hours around, hopefully?

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I hate talking to her about my hours/pay. I feel like I'm doing assistant manager hours without the admin work and without the pay. I get paid 10.5 which is better then a lot of places...but it's just above min wage here.

I'd much rather help out with the admin work and everything like that, and get the pay for it too. Heck right now I feel for the long days and stuff I should be getting paid more y'know?

I'm looking for places to work, kind of. Keeping my eye out. My problem is I want to stay in the Pet Industry but it's so hard to get a job in it.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I can just imagine how hard it is to get a job in the industry, but why won't Jen consider you an assistant manager? Seems you do a lot more there than anyone else. Sounds like it's hard to get through to her, I wish you luck, it's hard to have a job that stresses you out.

It is min wage here in BC isn't it? Or very close to it. I've been with the bank for 20 years and make just double that amount, so I can understand how you feel about your wage.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
When I first started thats what we talked about but she seems to have a hard job trusting anyone to do the job properly. There are a few stocking things I need to improve on yet, but I'm working really hard on it. I still do more/better then my other coworker, though. And I know he gets paid more then me.

Min wage is 10.25. I just got a 25 cent increase a few pays ago, but it doesn't make that big of an impact. Maybe a dollar or two a day. So it's frustrating because I KNOW I'm worth more then that. I know I am. With how much effort and time I put in for customers, making sure the store stays nice. And it's only a part of what I can do. The whole thing puts a sour taste in my mouth, but I stick with it because I love my customers. Even if I don't quite like how much I'm getting paid.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
It's a cool -10C in Vancouver right now. Brrr. It wouldn't be so bad if our heat was working right.
Once a winter it seems, our heat just starts to fail. It either doesn't put enough out, or doesn't put any out at all. It's usually a bit of a push and shove to get it fixed. When we first moved in and it stopped working for a day, it was fixed in a day. Now we have a new property manager for 2 yrs and it's been a pain to get it fixed(or anything fixed) since then.

He's very self righteous, acts like he's above his job and talks down to people. I had to knock on his door at 8AM last year, the weekend before Christmas, demanding he get my heat fixed that day because it had been out for 2 days. He threw a bit of a fit, saying he wasn't sure if he could get it fixed before christmas and I might have to wait.
Wait. This was the SATURDAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS. Places would be effectively shut down for AT LEAST 3 days.
I told him if a repair man was not in my apartment in 2 hours, he would lose his job.
A repair man was in my apartment an hour and a half later.

Our heat hasn't been working properly for 2 days now. Today being the second day. It kind of started fluttering Thursday but it seemed better that night. Friday it was worse, so we called and asked what the situation was and if he would stop by. He said a few people had called and he was looking into it.

No improvement today. None. It's COLDER in fact. I had to move Arya in the bedroom because it's semi warm yesterday, but now I'm fearing it isn't warm enough. I probably have to try and run out tomorrow as soon as I'm done work and go get CHE's for both Arya and Thresh. There's 70 dollars for lighting fixtures and CHE's I didn't want to spend. Great.

I called our property manager twice today, nothing. No answer. So I called our rental management company and left a very passive agressive voice mail saying we had called to no answer or no follow up and our heat wasn't working and I'd like it fixed. You know. Yesterday.

We'll see if they even call back.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I got the implication Esther. :) And no. I wish! I could report them to the Tenancy Board but it's a long process and I don't know how it works, they're pretty neglectful and just poorly managed all around. There were lights burned out in my bathroom before we moved in, I asked them to be replaced and I got a very snarky response, and they replaced our electrical panel last year and damaged the wall and patched it very poorly. When I bothered them for 3-4 weeks to have it finished, nothing was done, just 'oh I'll get to it'. One of my light fixtures in the end of the hall(aka darkest part of the house aside from the bathroom) stopped working 3 weeks ago and I haven't bothered to try and get them to fix it because it probably won't get done.

It's really frustrating. My room is sitting at just over 72F. The rest of the apartment is probably 60-65 degrees. It's cold! Normally it's at least 80 for Arya, who if it hits 70F she'll try false hibernation which is deadly for hedgies. Reason I moved her into my bedroom was because I could tell it was getting way to cold for her and she would try it.

I can't wait for Brandon to get a promotion, me get a better paying job and us to move.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm sorry to hear that this is happening again, obviously someone isn't doing their job. Hope that gets better. I'm having trouble in the living room, too. I try to have the heat at 73F for the geckos at night and it's going down to 66F by the morning, no matter how much I jack up the baseboard heater. It's electric and never has had a problem before so I guess I'll be calling on Monday about it. It's been working fine for the last 3 winters, just the last 3 days. Even the heater in my car wasn't working very well tonight.

I sure understand about the Tenancy Act, we didn't get our $475 security deposit from one place & even though we would have gotten the judgement to say yes it was owed back to us, we still would have had to take our landlords to small claims court, just not worth the hassle or the $.

Hopefully the rental management company will do something, it's against the law to have no heat in this kind of weather, not that that's going to help you in your situation. Good luck!

Ophiophilist

Hatchling Member
That is bonkers! Heating problems in -10 degree weather? I can't even imagine. I hope your heating gets fixed and your landperson is not so mean. :angry5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Any news about the heating situation at your place? I hope so, even though it's getting warmer, it's still cold.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Hi all,

Sorry! The heating was fixed on Monday. It's been a crazy few days with work and stuff so I'm just trying to sort myself out.
Thresh keeps hiding from her lights, even though it's cool enough for her. she seems not sleepy, just doesn't want to be warm. Keeps hiding under her rocks.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so glad you got the heating sorted out, that's a big relief.

As for Thresh, I was waiting to see when she'd start hiding, it's sort of normal for this time of year, but never something that's easy to accept. I take it nothing has changed in her tank? Otherwise, winter slow down, she's a bit young to bromate, but it affects all beardies to some extent, no matter what the age.

Hopefully she'll get back to normal soon for you.

CountofCasualty

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Nothing has changed, no. I'm keeping an eye on her temps always but nothing has changed. I move her up when I catch her under there and she stays probably for an hour to an hour and a half before moving under again. So I know she's getting enough heat to digest at least.

I was waiting for it too. So I'm not overly shocked it's happened. Just want to make sure she's digesting and eating. Her appetite hasn't stopped, she downed at least 10 good sized roaches today. She normally downs at least 12-14 supers, but the roaches are so much larger so I'm letting her get away with it.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
At least she's eating, I still have to feed all of mine. Now Didi and Rubio are sleeping, we'll see for how long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom