Tales of Fred the adventurer! - Updates 4/25/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I just wanted to make a 'blog' about my bearded dragon Fred.

He came to us on January 16th 2013, around 2PM. When I saw him, even though there were other babies in his tank, :love10: I knew he was the one I was going to take home that day... Of course the pet store guys gave us bad advice, so I'm so glad to have found this place, or else I would of gone on, still doing things wrong. (Thank you to those that helped me!) On the drive home, I was so nervous his little tiny container would slip from my hands and down to the ground, I also thought his container was a bit too small, (his tail was curled a lot) but, after a safe ride home, I held him until his tank was set up, then finally I put him in there, we put crickets in, but he just stared at us, after a little while he ate some. (Again, I was worried.)

Anyway, time for some pictures!

This is Fred on his first day home- So tiny!:
2wm18w5.png

I was very nervous and thought he stopped breathing when he was in this postion :shock: :
35cef4m.jpg

Fred, on his favorite basking spot, his cactus!(I'm actually wondering what I'm going to do once he outgrows it, he's on there like 24/7!):
2875ae.jpg

Fred, at the highest spot in his tank:
33061l3.jpg

Oh and his tank has changed since these pictures were taken! :wink: Oh and the pictures are small because they were taken with a iPad.

I love my Fred so much! :love5:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zandi202":2kgo804y said:
First off, very bad thread title. I thought Oliver had died!

Second R.I.P. little turtle
:shock: Oops. :oops:

EDIT: There. I fixed it. :p :lol:

According to my Grandma, it’s national left handed day... :?:

I use both hands...Neither are my dominate. Use left hand for drawing, eating, and right hand for drinking, and using the mouse...And I throw sticks with both. :lol:
What am I supposed to do on national left handed day? Especially if I use both hands? :shock:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I just went into my bedroom and was like “Oliver! Oliver!! Oliver! Oliver! Oliver! Oliver!”
And he was sleeping then he woke up and looked at me as if he was saying “Duuuuudddee, I was sleeping....”

I got a finger prick yesterday... :( It still hurts.

Once I had to get tested to see if I was allergic to wheat and dairy... They gave me one shot, but “they didn’t get enough” and had to give me another one... :| The first one didn’t hurt and I was thinking “Oh, this isn’t so bad.” Then they had to give another... It hurt, REALLY BAD. And that’s why I’m afraid of shots... :banghead: I wouldn’t be (well...most likely wouldn’t be) if they didn’t have to get another.

To add to that... I have Acrophobia(fear of heights), Arachnophobia(fear of spiders), and Claustrophobia(fear of tight spaces). I’m also afraid of blood to the point if I hear the word, I get really queasy. And everything feels weird... Also afraid of getting sick, venomous snakes, dying, pain, and needles (well I suppose you could’ve guessed that because of the first part about fingerpricks and everythinG)

Yup, I’m afraid of pretty much everything...

I’m going to stop typing now and go calm myself down.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Sounds to me like you need an outlet. You have quite a bit of anxiety there. Could you draw, write, go for a run, meditate? Fears never seems as big when we're distracted :wink:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
morphmom":12bdsodl said:
Sounds to me like you need an outlet. You have quite a bit of anxiety there. Could you draw, write, go for a run, meditate? Fears never seems as big when we're distracted :wink:
Yeah, I might try those...

I’ve been really stressed out lately... My little sister has torn out one of my keyboard keys and she tore the cushion that sends the signal so now it doesn’t work... We didn’t close on the new house on the 27th because they messed up on the paperwork. :roll: And to add to that, I’ve had a terrible headache for 2 days.
Yeah, I know, it probably doesn’t sound frustrating to anybody else... But it is to me, and I’ve had a very bad month. :banghead:

Life is so frustrating. :|

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
NO! Wensday is when we’re gonna close on that house...Just when I was starting to not get as stressed...we got a call, the owners are livid about something. And from what I heard... Mad enough to cancel the contract. That house is where I feel safe, when we went to visit it that first time, it felt like home. The house I am in currently, doesn’t feel that way. It did for a while, but now it doesn’t. There is something about that new house that feels like home.

Now I’m not sure if I’m gonna lose it or not. :(

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zandi202":youkp5q4 said:
I hope you guys get the house!
Thanks Zandi! :D

FRED IS SLEEPING IN HER CAVE!! :blob5: Now I can finally say “I have a dragon that knows how to use a cave!” :lol:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I went to a small petstore the other day... WEnt to the reptiles to see them, a great vareity, snakes, geckos, dragons and iguanas. I look into the beardie’s cage (housed alone. :) ) and it head-bobbed me! :lol: But then I looked at the bottom of the cage...SAND. :angry5: I look up at the caresheet taped to the tank...CALCIUM SAND. :banghead: OF ALL THINGS! The dragon was as/a little bit bigger than Fred, and oh my he was adorable, the headbob added to the cuteness. :lol: He was very protective of his cage and didn’t dart (like the petsmart ones) when I got closer. He didn’t have any stress marks. They had a tube UVB but I wasn’t sure what it was, it didn’t say on the care sheet, they had JUST about everything right....EXCEPT THE SAND. :angry5: I really wanted to go rant to the manager but I didn’t.. I wish I had an extra tank so I could take that guy home. (My turtle is using my spare right now.)He wasn’t as weak and skinny as the petsmart ones, so that’s good. But still. :(

Whenever I say I feel so bad for the animals at petstores, my mom always says “You can’t save every single one.” True, but it made a difference for the ones I did save. Though sometimes I wish I had unlimited crickets, and tanks so I could buy every single animal that’s not being took care of correctly and take care of it the right way. But sadly that’s not possible. :(

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Hoopy, but the baby was probably all by itself because the rest of its mates were sold.

Overall didn't sound like a bad visit, though! What a little toughie he thinks he is.

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
zandi202":17saoyqs said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Hoopy, but the baby was probably all by itself because the rest of its mates were sold.

Overall didn't sound like a bad visit, though! What a little toughie he thinks he is.
Your probably right. Though next time I go (and I will be going there a lot because its the closest to my new house(I am actually currently posting from my new house! No stress!)) I will go to the reptile section and check on that little guy, if they even dared to put another beardie in there, I WILL scream at their manager. :angry5:

Oh, and the tank was on a shelf so he looked down on me, when he head bobbed I right away was like "He's saying "I rule over you!"" :lol:

hoopyscoop

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Esther! I'm really excited!

BLAST TO THE PAST:
whbcc7.jpg

^ Umm... I honestly dont remember taking this... But this was in February. :)
She's so cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom