taking on another beardie ... choices choice ahhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherryInFL

Hatchling Member
9a4628d3.jpg
Get better baby!

So he really isn't huge, the camera just added 10 grams. LOL They are adorable. I wouldn't mind getting a baby, but getting Sonic as a "rescue" might change that. I think rescues may be my new thing once I know more about them. Babies can always find homes, just like most puppies or kittens, but the older ones may have trouble since they are not itty bitty and cute like people seem to think animals stay. I want to become a foster for dogs too. I already have 3 and they are spoiled rotten. Sonic is very well on his way to becoming spoiled rotten as well. Hehehe

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
casper31":402o6gy1 said:
OH MY! Lexi looks so much different already! She is holding her body up much better and you can see she's feeling better in her eyes and facial expression already! Great work! My youngest daughter has an illness that takes some work when it acts up so I know how exhausting it can be to give so much attention and care. What an amazing job you have done already! I know there is still quite a ways to go, but Lexi is improving so much...keep it up! She is just as lucky to have you as you are to have her. :)

aww thank you so much casper!!! she is looking different in her tummy, its nice to feel a little something there, its very different than from before on her underside, and it seems that the bones are not sticking so far and as much around her sunk in spine as they were ... i think she is doing well in that aspect! she has been eating small syringes of different things, not always alot, BUT she is DEF getting some in there, along with her meds and pedialyte. i know her mouth is sore, (well i would assume it is?) so feeding is a delicate little dance. basking an temps are too. but she is my little soldier :) little Lexi Lou :)
yes it is exhausting! always worried, always something she needs, takes an hour or two to feed, always checking everything, trying different things, just everythinggggggggggggg, so much to do. but mostly, i hope your daughter is ok ... i def dont want to pry, but i send good vibes to her and to you, whatever the illness may be. i hope that she is well now and its not acting up at the moment ... Im sure she's lucky to have you as a parent just as you are lucky to have her as your child :) :)
thank you so much your words meant alot to me and to Lexi Lou :) :)
~Emily

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
SherryInFL":29tjx65z said:
9a4628d3.jpg
Get better baby!

what a WONDERFUL GORGEOUS PICTURE!!! ahhhhh! and thank you sooooooooooooo much!!!!
your beardies are so beautiful, love your silkie! leathers and silkies always fascinate me ... i havent had any expiriences with them, but u would love to one day get the chance to!
thanks again so so so much!
~Em

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
PS ... i would do anything to have Lexi's teeth looking like someday! perfect teeth! so healthy!!!

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
hey yall ...
just a little Lexi update ...
today was kinda a rough start for her. she wasnt taking her food that well, and one eyed seemed to stay closed today. it has seemed like a senitive eye since i got her, but today she kinda just kept it closed. i am just figuring if it needs to be shut for today, then so be it. i just want her to be comfortable.
she did take her meds with a little food on her tummy, and her calcium, i try to always do a warm water rinse of her gums and teeth, that infection is like :shock: ... i think its less though, i was able to see in her mouth today when i took her outside to see if that would perk her up any. she did gape outside, and that was the first REALLY good look at the inside of her mouth i have had since i got her at her first vet visit. it did look pretty bad but not as bad as before!!!! her gums are irritated but thats to be expected!
she dealt really well with the sun for about 15 minutes, then she started to try to get shade by squirming and burrowing down in to the grass ... Blue does the same thing when she gets too hot outside, so i brought her in right away, and she army crawled all around the cool kitchen tile floor. Right now she is ZONKED out in the linen closet laying on a fluffy canvas bag on the floor. she is TUCKERED OUT! so no evening feeding or meds for her, she wouldnt have the time to get enough basking time, and even if she did, i'm not sure she would bask well. she's just so tired right now, but she looks adorable! :love5:
i think we are just going to have to skip it this evening, i hope that doesnt throw her Baytril too off track. i just have to keep telling myself, baby steps, and she only do but so much somedays.
she has an appt at her new vet tomorrow!!!! im excited to hear his take on things ... if there is anything different he would suggest or say about her. im just glad she is getting a follow up period. i will let yall know how it goes, i think the appt is at 3:00 (est) .... see you all soon, and thanks for sharing your beardies with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we love yall so much!
~Em, Lexi, Blue and Opal

Yay! Lexi! You are doing great! Even though it's wearing you out, it seems that you know it must be done so you can get better. I would love to see video of this "army crawl" when you are feeling up to performing for the camera.

Emily, you are an amazing person, doing an amazing thing. Ever since reading this thread last night, I can't wait to see your next update. I work tomorrow but I have the 'net on my phone and will definitely be checking the thread on my breaks.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Emily, don't worry about Lexi being tired, she's going through so much & trying to hard to get better. I'm glad you got her out in the sunshine, that would have done her alot of good & look at her, crawling around your kitchen floor. Good girl! :D

I don't think missing one med is going to make a huge difference but the Baytril so far seems to be helping get rid of the infection in her mouth. It will be so good to see that mouth without the infection & see how her teeth are. Good that you're giving her different types of babyfood, the more nutrition you give her the better she'll get.

I'm rooting for the two of you, you're never far from my mind. I'm so proud of the two of you, you for taking Lexi in :notworthy: , Lexi for being such a trooper :D :D . She is indeed a little soldier girl!

I'll be interested in hearing your take of the new vet & what he has to say. I hope you take in some pics of when you first got her so he can have a comparison of how well she really has done in the time you've had her. Good luck. I'll be on the computer as soon as I get home tomorrow evening. I'm 3 hours behind you, so it will be after midnight your time when I check in. I have no access to the internet for personal sites from work, but know that I'll be thinking of you the whole time & that I wish both of you the best. Rubio, Leo, Lonzo, Didi and Gabriel all say hi :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: and send Lexi lots of love! :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5: :love5:

Sydney's two months and she is my first beardie. :D I love her do much! I bet Lexi loved that natural sun! (must of because now shes all tuckered out! :p) You're doing such a great job can't wait to hear how the appointment goes. Good luck Lexi!!!

casper31

Hatchling Member
Skipping one dose of meds on a hard day is okay I think. Even meds take a toll on the body and sometimes there is that moment when its just too much for everybody...lol
I am so glad her mouth is looking better. I'm sure it helps that you are rinsing it after meals too so things aren't sitting on it. A good flush works wonders.
Hope the vet has some great advice and good news too. :) Can't wait for the update. Get some good rest. Tomorrow is a big day for both of you!!

dylanravenj

Sub-Adult Member
I hope she checks out well at her next vet appointment! I can totally understand her being so tired sometimes, the poor thing has had it so rough. I'm sure she really appreciates the love and care you are giving her, and in time she'll get used to her new night and day schedule and start getting more active :D I mean she is already looking so much better and there's a lot of potential for her to improve so much more!
As for the question on Rafael's chin, it is a callous combined with a bad underbite from MBD. The store he was at basically just used him for breeding, and in order to always keep him eager to mate, they kept him in a tank next to a bunch of females. So he would constantly rub his chin against the glass in an attempt to get to the females until it formed a huge gross callous :(
Perhaps the bump on Lexi's face is a deformation from MBD? Or maybe a cyst?

Esther19

BD.org Addict
You were right to just let her rest, Em. What an awesome beardie mom you are! Can't wait to hear the vet's report. It helps me to write down questions so that I don't forget to ask. I hope you both sleep well tonight! XOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom