Tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I think I want to put tile in his enclosure and I saw an old post where you talked about what you did with your enclosure's tile. Do you think this would work: https://www.lowes.com/pd/DELLA-TORRE-Kinabalu-5-Pack-Black-Wood-Look-Porcelain-Common-Actual-47-05-in-x-7-75-in/1002654328
Did you get Someone to cut the tile to size for you?
The link did not bring up what your looking at only the link for Lowe's- my husband cut the tile w/ a tile cutter -- check home Depot if you have one and Lowes to some home depot's will cut it for you ours here where I am do not- you want textured ceramic nothing smooth and nothing too coarse- mine are layed in loose cut to the side of the tank inside measurements- no grout or sealer if you ever haft to take them out you want to be able to do that- I have a thick blue shop paper towel layedunderneath to catch the watery urate

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The link did not bring up what your looking at only the link for Lowe's- my husband cut the tile w/ a tile cutter -- check home Depot if you have one and Lowes to some home depot's will cut it for you ours here where I am do not- you want textured ceramic nothing smooth and nothing too coarse- mine are layed in loose cut to the side of the tank inside measurements- no grout or sealer if you ever haft to take them out you want to be able to do that- I have a thick blue shop paper towel layedunderneath to catch the watery urate
Thanks!
Does sweet potato need to be cooked? I noticed on the beautiful dragons link it says cooked sweet potatoes? Also, what about butternut squash, does it need to be cooked?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thanks!
Does sweet potato need to be cooked? I noticed on the beautiful dragons link it says cooked sweet potatoes? Also, what about butternut squash, does it need to be cooked?
I do not cook either I shred them w/ a hand shredder for like cheese

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I do not cook either I shred them w/ a hand shredder for like cheese
Beans had some undigested BSFL in his poop today. I have ordered large ones, but the ones I have left are medium. I hope its just that he's swallowing them whole? His poop was also kind of watery but I had fed him some butternut squash for the first time today. His basking temps are 105-110.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Beans had some undigested BSFL in his poop today. I have ordered large ones, but the ones I have left are medium. I hope its just that he's swallowing them whole? His poop was also kind of watery but I had fed him some butternut squash for the first time today. His basking temps are 105-110.
If he eats the BSFL to fast they will come out undigested --- add a few at a time like 10 then that will control the eating so fast and your controlling it -- then slowly add more and yes squash can make them have runnier poop

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
If he eats the BSFL to fast they will come out undigested --- add a few at a time like 10 then that will control the eating so fast and your controlling it -- then slowly add more and yes squash can make them have runnier poop
I noticed this thing little sqiggly line on him today. Have you ever seen anything like that before? It could be food or hair or something I haven’t tried to scrub it off or anything I just noticed it looks almost like a burst blood vessel

Attachments

• 726B11C1-3E4E-4507-9B22-FEF25CADB3D6.jpeg
    726B11C1-3E4E-4507-9B22-FEF25CADB3D6.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 73

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I noticed this thing little sqiggly line on him today. Have you ever seen anything like that before? It could be food or hair or something I haven’t tried to scrub it off or anything I just noticed it looks almost like a burst blood vessel
Looks like shed-

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Looks like shed-
I noticed that one side of his lip is a little bit swollen today and it almost looks like a little bit shiny. I’m attaching a picture but it’s kind of hard to see. He has been shedding on his nose and stuff so I’m hoping this is just his lips shedding do they look kind of swollen a little bit when they shed?

Attachments

• 48ACC18B-F78B-4026-96D2-486438AEC557.jpeg
    48ACC18B-F78B-4026-96D2-486438AEC557.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 73933342-AE60-422E-A8CD-DA74ACBAE4AD.jpeg
    73933342-AE60-422E-A8CD-DA74ACBAE4AD.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 63

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I noticed that one side of his lip is a little bit swollen today and it almost looks like a little bit shiny. I’m attaching a picture but it’s kind of hard to see. He has been shedding on his nose and stuff so I’m hoping this is just his lips shedding do they look kind of swollen a little bit when they shed?
The grey on top of lip and below looks like shed

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The beard looks normal to me. He is very handsome. It does look like he is going to shed possibly. A layer of fluids gathers beneath
the scales causing it to appear puffy or swollen. I think he will be just fine.

Tracie

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello,

The beard looks normal to me. He is very handsome. It does look like he is going to shed possibly. A layer of fluids gathers beneath
the scales causing it to appear puffy or swollen. I think he will be just fine.

Tracie
Thanks Tracie! That makes me feel better, I worry about every little thing since this is all new to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom