Tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't see any tail rot but keep an eye on that nick up about 2" up. It may never cause any problem but if you see any changes then post pics back here again.

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
@Drache613 @CooperDragon Beans’ fecal came back with pin worms. I asked how many and the lady said quite a few. She was the receptionist I didn’t actually talk to the vet. They asked me to weigh him and pick up the medication Monday. His appetite and energy level don’t seem to be affected at all by this. I only took the fecal and because his poops are pretty unformed and watery. Should I wait a while and see if this clears up by using this herb slurry you’re talking about? Seems like the treatment can be sort of harsh. What do you guys think?

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
@Drache613 @CooperDragon Beans’ fecal came back with pin worms. I asked how many and the lady said quite a few. She was the receptionist I didn’t actually talk to the vet. They asked me to weigh him and pick up the medication Monday. His appetite and energy level don’t seem to be affected at all by this. I only took the fecal and because his poops are pretty unformed and watery. Should I wait a while and see if this clears up by using this herb slurry you’re talking about? Seems like the treatment can be sort of harsh. What do you guys think?
After doing more research, I am thinking I probably should do the parasite treatment. At what point should I disinfect the enclosure, beginning or end of treatment or both? I am really worried about giving the medicine through a syringe, could I put it on a salad or something? Would soy based dairy yogurt work in this case as a probiotic?

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
After doing more research, I am thinking I probably should do the parasite treatment. At what point should I disinfect the enclosure, beginning or end of treatment or both? I am really worried about giving the medicine through a syringe, could I put it on a salad or something? Would soy based dairy yogurt work in this case as a probiotic?
I don’t know where he got the pinworms? Should I throw out my bugs?

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
@AHBD Will RWV work for cleaning for pinworms? Or what would you recommend? Also do you have any tips for giving the medicine? I haven’t had my bearded dragon for a very long, just a couple of months, and I don’t wanna stress him out really bad. I saw a YouTube video about injecting hornworms with the medicine. Do you think that’s a good idea?

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
@KarrieRee I have a gram scale and I weighed him today to try to be able to give his weight to get the medicine for pinworms without having to take him in. He weighed 50 g but that doesn’t seem like that could be possible. Not sure if his whole tail was on the scale. Does that sound right for a wait for a 5 1/2 month old dragon?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Weight, I mean
Possible ---- put him in a bowl so you get all his weight -- what are you giving for meds? Please dont give him anything w/ out an approval of a vet -- what kind of meds do you have? We need Drache613 or AHBD to advise on this but I am not sure if AHBD can -- Drache613 Tracie would be the one best person to do this ---- please PM her ---
@AHBD
@Drache613

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Possible ---- put him in a bowl so you get all his weight -- what are you giving for meds? Please dont give him anything w/ out an approval of a vet -- what kind of meds do you have? We need Drache613 or AHBD to advise on this but I am not sure if AHBD can -- Drache613 Tracie would be the one best person to do this ---- please PM her ---
@AHBD
@Drache613
I was going to pick the medicine up from the vet on Monday. I had dropped a fecal off there on Friday and it came back positive for pinworms. They had said I could either bring him in for them to weigh him or if I could weigh him at home they would just be able to tell me the Dosage and give me the medicine. But I definitely want to get yalls opinion and make sure the dosage and the medicine they gave me is correct for pinworms.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Pinworms are fairly common and can be carried by them in small amounts and managed by their immune system without causing a problem. If the pinworm count is high, then they can usually be treated easily with a couple doses of panacur(fenbendazole). That tends to be pretty effective with minimal side effects for them.

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was going to pick the medicine up from the vet on Monday. I had dropped a fecal off there on Friday and it came back positive for pinworms. They had said I could either bring him in for them to weigh him or if I could weigh him at home they would just be able to tell me the Dosage and give me the medicine. But I definitely want to get yalls opinion and make sure the dosage and the medicine they gave me is correct for pinworms.
Also I wasn’t sure if I should weigh him like first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or if it matters if he’s eaten or not?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Also I wasn’t sure if I should weigh him like first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or if it matters if he’s eaten or not?
I dont think it matters on the weight-- just get him completely in the bowl and make sure you zero the scale out w/ the bowl on it so your getting his actual weight and not the bowl to :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you have a shoebox top that tends to work well on a smaller kitchen scale. Just put that on the top, tare the scale, and weigh.

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Lol, yeah that actually seems kind of ridiculous the food he eats would probably be like a couple of grams
I dont think it matters on the weight-- just get him completely in the bowl and make sure you zero the scale out w/ the bowl on it so your getting his actual weight and not the bowl to :)
If you have a shoebox top that tends to work well on a smaller kitchen scale. Just put that on the top, tare the scale, and weigh.
Good idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom