T5 HO Reptisun 10.0 @ 10 inches too close?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
also i forgot she had a hornworm in her tank and she hasn't eaten in three days and pulled the hornworm out of the bowl then went in her hide to sleep. Now cooperdragon and i had a conversation about this and she has been doing it a lot. He said it shouldn't hurt her but i still stress and it was a good size hornworm. I wish I knew what was going on with her these last couple of months its been so many things still haven't got her fecal out because i want to rule out parasites. Some people say she may be thinking brumation but shes barely 7 months and temps have always been good. I know she couldn't handle a brumation and definitely wouldn't let her anyway. She just hasn't been herself lately and weirds me out. People say they just have a few days too here and there where they just get weird? but she also blackbeards a lot these days. ahhhh we just don't know and we worry so much. she has always been stressed about her reflection too i know that. but do you think the nights here and there where she doesn't bask after eating and sleeps cause overtime a blockage i gave her some oil yesterday with water in syringe because she pooped 2 days in a row and that never happens, but they were very little. sorry i know this message has a lot going on

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Yeah I just put it back inside and she leaving to the cool side again. But I took top off and she was jumping off of everything and actually jumped high enough to hit the hood a few times I can’t leave it like that.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am sorry your having such a time w/ her -- I am at a loss -- do you have the 5.0 bulb that came w/ the fixture ?

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Onto gave that to a friend back when I got the t5 but I think maybe getting a new one would be a good idea ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes I was gonna have you swap bulbs out and see if that changes her behavior-- the only thing would be the distance you need to lower that hood to 6-8 inches it would not have the range as the 10.0 bulb

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Ok I’m going by petco and PetSmart today to see about that if not I’m gonna order online the dude said I still am 3 weeks out on the pvc enclosure I can’t wait to get that everything is gonna be fitted to perfect distances it will be such a relief thank you for your advice

LyrickDenney

I know I am late to this thread, but I think you are right to be concerned about the dose of uvb from from T5. I recently had the same issue and I found the distance chart from zoo med. 18 inches appears to be the very maximum.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211108-004845~3.jpg
    Screenshot_20211108-004845~3.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom