T5 HO Reptisun 10.0 @ 10 inches too close?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
also i forgot she had a hornworm in her tank and she hasn't eaten in three days and pulled the hornworm out of the bowl then went in her hide to sleep. Now cooperdragon and i had a conversation about this and she has been doing it a lot. He said it shouldn't hurt her but i still stress and it was a good size hornworm. I wish I knew what was going on with her these last couple of months its been so many things still haven't got her fecal out because i want to rule out parasites. Some people say she may be thinking brumation but shes barely 7 months and temps have always been good. I know she couldn't handle a brumation and definitely wouldn't let her anyway. She just hasn't been herself lately and weirds me out. People say they just have a few days too here and there where they just get weird? but she also blackbeards a lot these days. ahhhh we just don't know and we worry so much. she has always been stressed about her reflection too i know that. but do you think the nights here and there where she doesn't bask after eating and sleeps cause overtime a blockage i gave her some oil yesterday with water in syringe because she pooped 2 days in a row and that never happens, but they were very little. sorry i know this message has a lot going on

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Yeah I just put it back inside and she leaving to the cool side again. But I took top off and she was jumping off of everything and actually jumped high enough to hit the hood a few times I can’t leave it like that.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am sorry your having such a time w/ her -- I am at a loss -- do you have the 5.0 bulb that came w/ the fixture ?

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Onto gave that to a friend back when I got the t5 but I think maybe getting a new one would be a good idea ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes I was gonna have you swap bulbs out and see if that changes her behavior-- the only thing would be the distance you need to lower that hood to 6-8 inches it would not have the range as the 10.0 bulb

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Ok I’m going by petco and PetSmart today to see about that if not I’m gonna order online the dude said I still am 3 weeks out on the pvc enclosure I can’t wait to get that everything is gonna be fitted to perfect distances it will be such a relief thank you for your advice

LyrickDenney

I know I am late to this thread, but I think you are right to be concerned about the dose of uvb from from T5. I recently had the same issue and I found the distance chart from zoo med. 18 inches appears to be the very maximum.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211108-004845~3.jpg
    Screenshot_20211108-004845~3.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom