Supplement HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
Hi so I have a bearded dragon and supplement is so annoying and frustrating and confusing so as some of u know I have a all in one supplement which I don’t really trust so I’m buying bunch of supplements from ur website dubiaroaches.com and I would like to know what I need to buy I know I need calcium powered with d3 and without D3 and what about vitamins bec there are so much! There are some with d3 some with other stuff

Badwolfe

Hatchling Member
As a general rule I normally use powdered calcium (no D3) 4-5 times a week and a calcium / d3 / multivitamin 2-3 times a week.

Opinions vary on D3 supplementation but it's worth noting that overdosing D3 can cause as many problems as not enough hence why I only do it a couple of times a week. If you are providing the correct UV lighting your dragon should be synthesising pretty much what it needs and the D3 supplement is just there as a buffer.

All in one supplements are fine and make the job of ensuring your dragon is getting eveything it needs much simpler.

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
B
As a general rule I normally use powdered calcium (no D3) 4-5 times a week and a calcium / d3 / multivitamin 2-3 times a week.

Opinions vary on D3 supplementation but it's worth noting that overdosing D3 can cause as many problems as not enough hence why I only do it a couple of times a week. If you are providing the correct UV lighting your dragon should be synthesising pretty much most of what it needs and the D3 supplement is just there as a buffer.

All in one supplements are fine and make the job of ensuring your dragon is getting eveything it needs much simpler.
Btw when u say 4-5 times a week do u mean by days or no and where could I buy these from because I was trying to buy from their website dubiaroach.com but I couldn’t there was a bug or something

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
A

Opinions vary on D3 supplementation but it's worth noting that overdosing D3 can cause as many problems as not enough hence why I only do it a couple of times a week. If you are providing the correct UV lighting your dragon should be synthesising pretty much what it needs and the D3 supplement is just there as a buffer.

All in one supplements are fine and make the job of ensuring your dragon is getting eveything it needs much simple
And which one should I get and what’s the difference between complex calcium powder and carbonate

Badwolfe

Hatchling Member
I believe complex calcium also contains other trace elements whereas calcium carbonate obviously contains oxidized carbon (CO3)

Best thing to do is go for a brand that states it is intended for dusting livefood

Badwolfe

Hatchling Member
I use Vetark Calci-Dust for general purpose dusting and Vetark Nutrobal for d3 / vitamin supplementation but not sure if they are available in the country you live

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I use Vetark Calci-Dust for general purpose dusting and Vetark Nutrobal for d3 / vitamin supplementation but not sure if they are available in the country you live
I am using a all in one supplement right now is it good should I keep using it it should I change it! I was told to dust this on their live insects everyday!

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
An all in one multivitimin / D3 / calcium powder supplement only needs to be administered twice a week - use a calcium only duster for the rest of the days
So should I use this for two days a week and then a calcuim powder with no d3 for the rest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom